• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Use already throat sure kena axe and burn...
Won't one. If kenna burn use this:

01300000207003121639282230310.jpg

Sent from vapour clouds above

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
guys... just tried diy my own lychee flavored ejuice..

so what i did was 80% VG and 20% PG.. and the 20% PG was purely from bake king lychee flavored ejuice.. so i made 10ml for the first try, 8ml of pure VG, and 2ml of lychee flavoring.

after shaking the juice for half an hour, tried vaping it, and i find theres not taste at all.. the only good thing was that the vapor smells good when exhaled..

so do u guys actually add sweetener at all to make it sweet? or i should try ph flavoring? or will adding pure PG help to bring out more sweet taste?

thanks guys~

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
guys... just tried diy my own lychee flavored ejuice..

so what i did was 80% VG and 20% PG.. and the 20% PG was purely from bake king lychee flavored ejuice.. so i made 10ml for the first try, 8ml of pure VG, and 2ml of lychee flavoring.

after shaking the juice for half an hour, tried vaping it, and i find theres not taste at all.. the only good thing was that the vapor smells good when exhaled..

so do u guys actually add sweetener at all to make it sweet? or i should try ph flavoring? or will adding pure PG help to bring out more sweet taste?

thanks guys~
Add sweetener! :)

Here's what I would propose; if now on exhale, the smell is good but faint, add more flavoring. Then taste again.

If the smell is good, but the taste is lacking, then add sweetener.

For most parts, flavorings are perceived mostly by the smell as opposed to the taste. In fact, for most food flavoring, the "taste" part is typically only a function of a sweetener, or some kinda savory or sour component and rarely ever complex.

Forgot to add: as much as you might enjoy sweet juices, it's always worth noting that increasing the sweetness (usually via sucralose) also makes your juice more gunky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
My friend gave me some Joytech and it has 12mg. It basically burn my throat. Should i go PG or VG to reduce the burns? I know it's a compensation but i just don't wanna waste his stuff as i got both VG and PG. Don't wanna have the bad throat hit.

VG :) very easily sourced online with 5 seconds of Google, and perfectly legal too :)

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Thanks bro kiwi. I have both VG and PG just don't know which to add. Hahah.
Yerp

PG: inherently a better flavor carrier, known to give "better flavor" and slightly more throat hit. It's also a lot less thick/viscous compared to VG

VG: inherently slightly sweet to taste. Also produces denser vapor, barely any throat hit. It's super thick though.

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
Add sweetener! :)

Here's what I would propose; if now on exhale, the smell is good but faint, add more flavoring. Then taste again.

If the smell is good, but the taste is lacking, then add sweetener.

For most parts, flavorings are perceived mostly by the smell as opposed to the taste. In fact, for most food flavoring, the "taste" part is typically only a function of a sweetener, or some kinda savory or sour component and rarely ever complex.

Forgot to add: as much as you might enjoy sweet juices, it's always worth noting that increasing the sweetness (usually via sucralose) also makes your juice more gunky

i seen some bros talking about their recipe but did not find any artificial sweetener being added.. is it bcos of the brand of flavoring they use?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
i seen some bros talking about their recipe but did not find any artificial sweetener being added.. is it bcos of the brand of flavoring they use?
Yup!

Not only does it vary between different brands, it also differs within brands.

Eg for TFA, the vanilla swirl by itself has quite a bit of sweetener. But for its various grape flavors, some are very sweet, some aren't.

So yeah. Best to just have a bottle of sweetener, then whatever recipe you do just test first then add sweetener to taste

MMQWDA

Dec 15, 2015
Yerp

PG: inherently a better flavor carrier, known to give "better flavor" and slightly more throat hit. It's also a lot less thick/viscous compared to VG

VG: inherently slightly sweet to taste. Also produces denser vapor, barely any throat hit. It's super thick though.

Hmmm alright. Thanks bro kiwi. Shall try soon. Because my previous attempt is a failure. It's 30ml petrol and i have 120ml vg. % control will be around? :)

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Hmmm alright. Thanks bro kiwi. Shall try soon. Because my previous attempt is a failure. It's 30ml petrol and i have 120ml vg. % control will be around? :)

Wah this one I can't advice. Only you will know what your preferred throat hit is.

Personally, I vape 6mg DIY-ed using Nic from the US. So to achieve that, you would add 30ml of VG to your 30ml of juice lor.

But then I also don't know if you would like that.

Bear in mind that aside from reducing the throat hit, because you're essentially diluting the juice, the flavor will also go down.

MMQWDA

Dec 15, 2015
Wah this one I can't advice. Only you will know what your preferred throat hit is.

Personally, I vape 6mg DIY-ed using Nic from the US. So to achieve that, you would add 30ml of VG to your 30ml of juice lor.

But then I also don't know if you would like that.

Bear in mind that aside from reducing the throat hit, because you're essentially diluting the juice, the flavor will also go down.

hahah alright. Never like bad throat hit even with ciggs last time. hmmm will try it still. hahah It's experience too :)
Thanks bro kiwi :thumbs:

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
Yup!

Not only does it vary between different brands, it also differs within brands.

Eg for TFA, the vanilla swirl by itself has quite a bit of sweetener. But for its various grape flavors, some are very sweet, some aren't.

So yeah. Best to just have a bottle of sweetener, then whatever recipe you do just test first then add sweetener to taste

Thanks for the replies..

Last question, as for steeping, if it's 0 mg nicotine juice, steeping not required right?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Thanks for the replies..

Last question, as for steeping, if it's 0 mg nicotine juice, steeping not required right?
Actually it is.

Steeping has quite a few main reasons.

1) some flavors contain ethanol to help dissolve and mix the flavor component within the solvent. These are the ones that when you open the bottle cap, there's a sharp smell. Steeping with the cap off allows such ethanol traces to dissipate and so your juice won't taste funky when baked

2) when you create a juice, essentially you need your key components' molecules to mix well. Eg nicotine, flavoring, and even the PG and VG molecules. So even when you don't use nicotine, you should still steep (let sit for a period) and shake. Also typically if your juice is VG heavy, you tend to need to shake more and steep longer.

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
Actually it is.

Steeping has quite a few main reasons.

1) some flavors contain ethanol to help dissolve and mix the flavor component within the solvent. These are the ones that when you open the bottle cap, there's a sharp smell. Steeping with the cap off allows such ethanol traces to dissipate and so your juice won't taste funky when baked

2) when you create a juice, essentially you need your key components' molecules to mix well. Eg nicotine, flavoring, and even the PG and VG molecules. So even when you don't use nicotine, you should still steep (let sit for a period) and shake. Also typically if your juice is VG heavy, you tend to need to shake more and steep longer.

Ok.. Understood. Thanks for the help!!

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
My dear friend. As with all solutions, there's always the concept of saturation.

Stevia definitely dissolves in PG

Go heat up 10ml of PG in a hot water bath. Dissolve half a teaspoon of powdered stevia. Confirm dissolve nicely and sweet enough.

Reactions: 1TA2F
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread