• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarcliff

Dec 10, 2015
My dear friend. As with all solutions, there's always the concept of saturation.

Stevia definitely dissolves in PG

Go heat up 10ml of PG in a hot water bath. Dissolve half a teaspoon of powdered stevia. Confirm dissolve nicely and sweet enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say powdered stevia, are you referring the ones that look like sugar? crystal-ish. If that makes any sense. :lol:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
But mine looks like sugar, the ones that are not so fine. Still gonna give a try and heat up some PG and hopefully, it will dissolve nicely. :unsure:
It will I'm sure. It's molecularly the same anyways. Just heat up the pg, and be patient. Add little by little lor. Don't need to one time good one

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
Hi guys, I want to try DIY juice but then i see youtube video they add water into VG? Is it a must to add water? And Normal tap water can right? Cause i want to try DIY but I'm kinda new.
And also, PG need add water too?
I don't think it's safe to add water, unless it's distilled water..

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
There's absolutely no NEED to add water (distilled or tap) to VG. Some of my juice are just 5% nic and then 95% VG

adding distilled water to VG is solely for the purpose of making it less thick/viscous. Some folks might be having a hard time getting their tank/rda wicking right for high VG juice.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
There's absolutely no NEED to add water (distilled or tap) to VG. Some of my juice are just 5% nic and then 95% VG

adding distilled water to VG is solely for the purpose of making it less thick/viscous. Some folks might be having a hard time getting their tank/rda wicking right for high VG juice.

Distilled water is fine. In fact I think with our tap water it's okay as well. Chemically speaking, there's no concern with particulates that might cause health concerns. Just that too much water vapor inhaled to your lungs might be bad idea.

Actually why no try vodka? Several ECF members have had done it with decent results. I myself not so advanced yet. So probably stick to my good ol' basics. :)

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Distilled water is fine. In fact I think with our tap water it's okay as well. Chemically speaking, there's no concern with particulates that might cause health concerns. Just that too much water vapor inhaled to your lungs might be bad idea.

Actually why no try vodka? Several ECF members have had done it with decent results. I myself not so advanced yet. So probably stick to my good ol' basics. :)

Yup. There's no issue with adding water at all. But then if there's no particular need to add water, then might as well not. IMO best to minimize what you add to your juice. Less variability, more consistency.

Vodka eh? Interesting. I assume you'll end up needing to steep it with the cap off for quite a while. I doubt having alcohol in the juice is a good idea. But then again, maybe can get high from vaping [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Yup. There's no issue with adding water at all. But then if there's no particular need to add water, then might as well not. IMO best to minimize what you add to your juice. Less variability, more consistency.

Vodka eh? Interesting. I assume you'll end up needing to steep it with the cap off for quite a while. I doubt having alcohol in the juice is a good idea. But then again, maybe can get high from vaping [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Water... well, at least you get flouride while you vape. Keeps the teeth in healthy condition nevertheless.

ECF DIY Section has seen alot of users applying vodka (some even rum!) to their juices to bring out the flavorings more nuanced. The throat hit is highly raved and revered. Well at least a cheaper option than going marijuana or LSDs. This might be an option to level up the country's creativity level for innovative solutions contributing to value-added services industry.

binatang

Dec 7, 2015
Interested to know too. Since I planned to bake something for my little girls. :p

I just ordered off TPA. Courier charges are horrendous. That being said, I also discovered that our neighbours sell TPA flavours as well & surprisingly cheaper. They bring it in bulk & rebottle. Not sure if they water it down but the Northern DIYers don't seem to be complaining.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
I just ordered off TPA. Courier charges are horrendous. That being said, I also discovered that our neighbours sell TPA flavours as well & surprisingly cheaper. They bring it in bulk & rebottle. Not sure if they water it down but the Northern DIYers don't seem to be complaining.
Most of the neighbouring juice makers uses TPA or CAP flavoring. If not, there are flavorers in the northern land as well, but usually they will repackaged TPA as their own. Only one or two has their own flavor but pretty much simple blends like grape, mango, etc.

To me, it is cheaper getting from US. [emoji14]

Sent from vapour clouds above

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Most of the neighbouring juice makers uses TPA or CAP flavoring. If not, there are flavorers in the northern land as well, but usually they will repackaged TPA as their own. Only one or two has their own flavor but pretty much simple blends like grape, mango, etc.

To me, it is cheaper getting from US. [emoji14]

Sent from vapour clouds above
Same.

Also if you don't be greedy and narrow down to 2-3 recipes that are not too complex (3-5 flavors each), you can easily buy a year supply at one go and it's still super affordable

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA

Nothing wrong with a little vodka in the vape! It does add a lot of throat hit (probably less after steeping). And if you're vaping on something that produces a lot of vapor, you can certainly feel the effects (and IMHO it's much more pleasant and short-lasting than drinking the vodka - more like hot saki, where you absorb most of the alcohol by inhaling it, and can get back to work after lunch!)

I used to use vodka to clean my WizardStick (small portable fog generator, not vaping equipment), one day I decided "what the heck?". Wasn't bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread