Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you mean coil DIYers, there does seem to be a lot less talk of drop-in rebuilding and even coil making/wicking since pods came around. I don't know if pods had anything to do with it, but it seems that's about when you stopped hearing/reading about coil building/wicking.

it'll be back, though.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    one the freeway I used to see alot of vape clouds coming from vehicles, I now see about 1 or 2 a week now:(
    I vape constantly while I'm driving. But, unless you pull up next to me at a light, you'd probably never know it.
    When I see vapers trailing clouds like comical escapees from a Cheech & Chong movie, it frankly makes me nervous. Seems their view of the road MUST be impaired when they're contained in a fishbowl of obscuration. I sure as heck don't want them behind me.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    O-rings? You mean tobacco rings? :lol:
    Sounds delicious.

maxresdefault.jpg

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    Makes me kinda wonder. Out of all the vapers I knew over the years I only knew one other person that made their own ejuice. That includes a year and a half as a vape store manager. Within six months of vaping I was rebuilding Kanger Protank coils and mixing my own juice. Spent many many hours online looking for good recipes. CHEERS!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Makes me kinda wonder. Out of all the vapers I knew over the years I only knew one other person that made their own ejuice. That includes a year and a half as a vape store manager. Within six months of vaping I was rebuilding Kanger Protank coils and mixing my own juice. Spent many many hours online looking for good recipes. CHEERS!

I am impressed that you began coil and juice making so quickly! There are plenty of DIY juice makers on this board. Our DIY subforum is full of great information for those who want to make their own juice.

DIY E-Liquid

It took me about a year to begin making my own coils and about five years to make my own juice, but I really enjoy it.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I stopped making liquids for friends and collegues when the price of nicotine base trebled here in the UK. I didn't want to pay out a couple of hundred pounds upfront and make the money back in drips and drabs. Most of those people have reverted back to smoking.
    I can only assume that a vast majority of vapers simply don't want the hassle of pouring one bottle into another and shaking it. People are odd.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Short story: I was still new to vaping (not so much vaping but gear) We were waiting in line at the "spring cleanup" once a year thing... I stepped out to vape (line was moving slower than walking anyway) and two vehicles in front of us were two young guys vaping (clouds pouring out the windows) so I asked them... what are you using... they said (of course... young guys) Smok. Anyway, still lots of people vaping (just maybe being more steath about it) I went to a small venue at a local lake and some people were vaping ( very young but over 21) and I asked if they quit smoking (not judging) and they said no... they just liked vaping. Good bonding moment (I was like the old dude they tolerated) but they were very nice. Anyway, I think because of the media (anti-vaping BS) many people still vape but keep it "on the low"... out of site. "Tears for fears"... too bad (I still vape in public but keep it very low key) I guess it was more of a long story ;)

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    Short story: I was still new to vaping (not so much vaping but gear) We were waiting in line at the "spring cleanup" once a year thing... I stepped out to vape (line was moving slower than walking anyway) and two vehicles in front of us were two young guys vaping (clouds pouring out the windows) so I asked them... what are you using... they said (of course... young guys) Smok. Anyway, still lots of people vaping (just maybe being more steath about it) I went to a small venue at a local lake and some people were vaping ( very young but over 21) and I asked if they quit smoking (not judging) and they said no... they just liked vaping. Good bonding moment (I was like the old dude they tolerated) but they were very nice. Anyway, I think because of the media (anti-vaping BS) many people still vape but keep it "on the low"... out of site. "Tears for fears"... too bad (I still vape in public but keep it very low key) I guess it was more of a long story ;)
    You're old! Vape on! I walk through the Sam's Club parking lot vaping proudly (but not annoyingly). Who's going to say anything to me? They're too busy telling their children not to look at the man with the vape, 'cause he has a crazy beard and shaggy eyes and hey--maybe he doesn't really need that cane for walking after all. It looks pretty heavy...

Reactions: puffon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread