Dizzy after first time using e-cig 18mg/ml (previously heavy smoker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to ECF, Josh. Sounds like 18 mg/ml might be a tad too much for your body. Try a bit lower, like 16 or 12 megs.
don't have money to replace them right now, is it safe to keep using 18mg, do i have to worry about poisoning? (best way to describe it is, i feel as if this is my first ever cigarette kind of feel)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Howdy there!

Is it normal to feel a bit dizzy after 3 hits for the first time?

Looking forward to answers,
Josh!
Hi Josh,
Please tell us what you used to vape the 12mg/ml.
Which device are you using?
How many watts are you using (if known)
What it the resistance of the coil?

My bottom feeder has a .6Ω coil and I vape at about 22-28 watts and use 5mg/ml juice.(MtL)
When using my profile RDTA with .12Ω mesh, 40 watts and 2.5mg/ml juice is fine; at 60 watts it's a bit of a killer. (DTL)
Don't worry about ODing; you will throw up before you get anywhere close to a lethal dose of nicotine. That will be the point where you might want to stop.
Cheers
I

Hi Josh,

My bottom feeder has a .6Ω coil and I vape at about 22-28 watts and use 5mg/ml juice.(MtL)
When using my profile RDTA with .12Ω mesh, 40 watts and 2.5mg/ml juice is fine; at 60 watts it's a bit of a killer. (DTL)
Don't worry about ODing; you will throw up before you get anywhere close to a lethal dose of nicotine. That will be the point where you might want to stop.
Cheers
I
Beginning vaper here.

Current rate: 18mg per ml, using a pod device. Just a bit dizzy, no other complaints, is it just a getting used to kind of thing?

(MyBlu Pod Device)

Hi Josh,

Cheers
I
I am aware that there is probably nothing wrong. Just asking in-case of. I see teens (16-17 y/o's) vape every 2 minutes and be chilling. I'm well over this age so should be ok.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Beginning vaper here.

Current rate: 18mg per ml, using a pod device. Just a bit dizzy, no other complaints, is it just a getting used to kind of thing?

(MyBlu Pod Device)
IMO, Heavy smoker is 40-60 sticks per day.
If you smoked less than a pack per day, you may want to take only one or two pulls per 5 mins.
You can always take another pull, but it's darn hard to unvape what is already in your system.
Cheers
I

IMO, Heavy smoker is 40-60 sticks per day.
If you smoked less than a pack per day, you may want to take only one or two pulls per 5 mins.
You can always take another pull, but it's darn hard to unvape what is already in your system.
Cheers
I
Yes, I only use it twice per hour, should not worry about it? I'm light in weight though, really light, 65 kilos. Should be ok right?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am aware that there is probably nothing wrong. Just asking in-case of. I see teens (16-17 y/o's) vape every 2 minutes and be chilling. I'm well over this age so should be ok.
I'm pretty confident they seek out the "buzz" and are not trying to keep the nicotine monkey quiet and calm.

Cheers
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looking forward to answers

3 options imho...
    • Drop the mg (may possibly have to vape more)
    • vape less at 18mg
    • endure it and maybe you will get used to it.
    But I don't recommend #3 - I see no reason to use a higher mg if a lower mg suits you fine.

3 options imho...
    • Drop the mg (may possibly have to vape more)
    • vape less at 18mg
    • endure it and maybe you will get used to it.
    But I don't recommend #3 - I see no reason to use a higher mg if a lower mg suits you fine.
    Well, at this moment I will have to stick with what I got, just bought 4 pods, don't wanna waste em, it's probably nothing, but switching to 8mg next time!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well, at this moment I will have to stick with what I got, just bought 4 pods, don't wanna waste em, it's probably nothing, but switching to 8mg next time!

Yeah, unfortunate that's a major problem with closed systems - you have to vape what they want you to vape.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    It does sound like your nic level is too high for you. Grab a couple of lower mg nic pods and keep the higher nic pods for days when you won't be able to vape much or if the lower mg isn't working out for you.
    I started at 12 mg and quickly dropped to 6 mg because of unpleasant dizziness and nausea. 12mg was just too much for me.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    It does sound like your nic level is too high for you. Grab a couple of lower mg nic pods and keep the higher nic pods for days when you won't be able to vape much or if the lower mg isn't working out for you.
    I started at 12 mg and quickly dropped to 6 mg because of unpleasant dizziness and nausea. 12mg was just too much for me.

Gotta agree with YoursTruli.

Personally speaking i started with 6 mg nic and then went down to 3 mg,now i kinda dable between 3mg and 4.5mg.

I know we all different but in my case i was a pack and half type of guy back in my smoking days and when it came time to quit i was ok with my 6 mg.

I would always recommend a medium level,something like 8 mg or maybe even 10 mg to start off.

Honestly i think it's always good to start low,you can always adjust up but if you put in a high number of nic even if its a MTL device the dizzyness and general discomfort can put you off vaping for good.
    On the other hand if you start with something like 8mg or even 10 mg you can always adjust up or down depending on what your body is telling you and with the advantage of not feeling dizzy or wanting to throw up.
    Been pretty lucky with giveaways,mostly pod systems and i have given all those away to friends or people i knew that wanted to quit.

Between the pod systems i have given away and people i have almost ''forced'' to go to the vape shop or order online im counting at least 15 people.

All those i got started on 6 mg,only a couple of those still felt the need for a cig so we upped their dosage of nic and voila they dumped the habit for good.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    8 megs might be too little. I would try 10 or maybe even 12 if I had your shoes on.. :cool:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    8 megs might be too little. I would try 10 or maybe even 12 if I had your shoes on.. :cool:

This is a MyBlue pod which is a closed pod system. So I imagine strength selection is limited to a couple few different strengths.

do i have to worry about poisoning

As for poisoning, well, you don't have to fear death due unless you have a heart condition. At most, you will feel nauseous and/or get a headache. And you might vomit as a result. But everyone is different as to how much they can handle before they start feeling nic sick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread