Dizzy/nauseous feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Aye kinda like when we all started smoking, the world spun, we threw up etc - turn down the power, up the ohms on your coils or use weaker stuff. Drink loadsa water in the short term and you'll be fine.

Do it better as I have suggested above next time round.

No big deal - it happened the first time we all dodged school and smoked 20 cigarettes in the afternoon with our best pal and we found out the hard way there were better ways of doing things.

The other way to go is of course just never smoke or vape again.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Why is it when I drip I get the feeling of being dizzy. I am using a Wotofo Troll RDA with a stainless build of 12 wraps with a diameter of 2.5mm reading .18 ohms in wattage mode. Regardless of the wattage setting I get this dizzy/nauseous felling, using 3mg nicotine level? No problems at all using a squonk mod with 24mm RDA, get the same feeling using a velocity style 24mm on the squonk.
Was the Wotofo Troll RDA brand new/unused before this build? Was it thoroughly cleaned before use?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Aye kinda like when we all started smoking, the world spun, we threw up etc -
    I kinda think that's where all this recent FDA/Seizure thing is coming from. 50 mg/ml of nic will do that to teens as well as some adults. I'm still undecided about the seizure claim though. IMO, it's just kids getting dizzy and whatnot. My 45+ years of having REAL seizures has got me REAL skeptical about the claim..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    ..the only time I had any effects from nicotine is when I first started..
    I agree. I started with 34 or 36 mg/ml. It wasn't making me dizzy or anything, but I noticed my fingers trembling when I held my hand out. Now I vape in the low to mid 20's, depending if, and how much, flavoring I use. I've thought about going down into the 'teens, but I change my mind just as quick..

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I have been vaping for 4 years now, the only time I had any effects from nicotine is when I first started as I used 14mg of nicotine. I have been at 3mg for around 3years without a problem.

We are human and humans get sick occasionally. Sometimes I think we look for connections that aren't there because we are the human guinea pigs of the vaping industry, but every symptom is not due to the fact we vape. Non-vaping related medical issues arise.

When you smoked did you blame every unusual feeling on smoking? Usually not...

My advice? Go to the doctor... tell him you've been having mild dizzy spells with nausea and tell him you vape if he doesn't already know..

If there are dots to connect let the doctor connect them.. let him decide what's wrong with you instead of self diagnosing.

Last edited:

crazyvape

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2019
    Texas
    We are human and humans get sick occasionally. Sometimes I think we look for connections that aren't there because we are the human guinea pigs of the vaping industry, but every symptom is not due to the fact we vape. Non-vaping related medical issues arise.

When you smoked did you blame every unusual feeling on smoking? Usually not...

My advice? Go to the doctor... tell him you've been having mild dizzy spells with nausea and tell him you vape if he doesn't already know..

If there are dots to connect let the doctor connect them.. let him decide what's wrong with you instead of self diagnosing.

If I squonk vape or drip on a standard style RDA I have absolutely no issues, the only time I feel this way is when I use velocity style RDA’s squonk or drip.

• Creative

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    If I squonk vape or drip on a standard style RDA I have absolutely no issues, the only time I feel this way is when I use velocity style RDA’s squonk or drip.

By your definition, what is standard RDA? You have given us nothing to reference outside that you get dizzy using the Wotofo Troll with dual 26awg 12 wrap coils at 45 to 60 watts. What other RDA’s do not give you the dizzies and include the builds and wattage you use.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Ok, I will be more specific. If I use for an example the Drop or Dead Rabbit RDA with an Alien Clapton dual coil build where each coil is rated at .45 ohs, so around .22 on the dual build. I can vape all day on this without any issues vaping at 60-70 watts.

Have you considered that you simply vape a little differently on the one RDA and therefore are getting more nicotine than your used to on that one specific device?

And in that case you should either a.) Vape a little less when using it or b.) Drop your nicotine down to 2mg on that device.

It seems it would solve your issue, if your certain your just having symptoms of nic sickness on one device...

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    You know sometimes it is well possible to overthink things and you end up going round in circles, getting up your own mammary glands and everyone else's in the process.

Here's a wee tale - in my last post before I retired I was asked to sort out a failing office which had good staff but wasn't meeting its targets by a mile. They'd a really nice manager who was good at empathising etc, they'd a couple of Ideas Men/Women who could spark a hundred ideas a minute but couldn't ever get one to fly, despite the fact that they had also a couple of Detail Merchants who could have made anything work if they hadn't found other minutae to get side tracked with.

So in came Auld G who had never had an original idea in his life and so didn't do detail but was a good Sergeant Major who could make things happen and could harness resources and could Pick Winners and give credit to those who came up with ideas within limits and to those that could come up with just enough detail to make those ideas work.

Boring etc, I know as the Old Fart Rambles on, - but here's the nub - some atties work for you some don't. Stick with the winners, even buy hunners o' them as we'd have said in Ould Lanarkshire and have a happy life - OMG I'm stilll happy from time to time with my Vivi Novas and my Nauti Minis - keep it simple, don't get tied up in detail, stick with winners - it works every time ... unless of course you introduce other complications when then the whole thing goes round and round again ... to no good avail.

Reactions: mac-nutty

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
    I kinda think that's where all this recent FDA/Seizure thing is coming from. 50 mg/ml of nic will do that to teens as well as some adults. I'm still undecided about the seizure claim though. IMO, it's just kids getting dizzy and whatnot. My 45+ years of having REAL seizures has got me REAL skeptical about the claim..

I've got epilepsy and my neurologist is not keen on nicotine being part of my lifestyle. Which it has been in one form or another since 5 years after my first diagnosis.

For me I'm everything in moderation and that seems best including nicotine intake. I've certainly felt seizures coming on in the past where if I'd resisted smoking and coffee they probably wouldn't have happened but I didn't so they did.

All that is about someone with a pre existing condition being stupid and not managing it well mainly when I was younger. As to whether nicotine can bring on seizures with someone who isn't already vulnerable I suppose it's possible but then it's chicken and egg territory...

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Well I was 'officially diagnosed' as having epilepsy when I was 5, but my mother said I was having seizures since I was 3. I didn't start smoking regularly until my early teens, and didn't start drinking coffee until sometime in my mid 20's. Neither nicotine (or cigarettes in general) or caffeine has made any difference in the occurrence rate or 'type' of seizures I have. When I turned 18 I stopped taking the medication prescribed to me by the neurologist I also stopped seeing. I was having more seizures from the lab work and EEG's. About 4 or 5 years ago (when I was in my mid 40's) I started having seizures more often, 3 - 4 a week instead of the 1 - 3 a year I was having w/o medication. So I've started seeing a neurologist and taking medications again. Neither my family doctor or my neurologist has expressed any concern that I vape, or said "You should quit that too.". In fact, my doctor is absolutely thrilled that I quit smoking.

• Useful

basilia

Moved On
    May 24, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spam
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread