Not open for further replies.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Thats great news then, kindof shuts down the size hysteria

I think that the finished mod will be extremely popular and a lot of knowledgeable modders are gonna have a hay-day building these....but unless there's a ready-made enclosure, building one is gonna be a huge challenge.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
I think that the finished mod will be extremely popular and a lot of knowledgeable modders are gonna have a hay-day building these....but unless there's a ready-made enclosure, building one is gonna be a huge challenge.
Yeah probably true...but if you build your own who do you blame when it goes south? :)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I bet there will be one on Shapeways and Sculpteo in no time at all after the release :)

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Just dropped in to leave a bit more information but this thread has derailed.... sad.... will open a new thread when the DNA200 and software is released....
Please come back retird. You are one of the very few people here with any real info ...

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Reactions: Kaana

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
What's next after 200w? 400?

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of making the board 200w capable. It's surely not because they expect that the majority of users will be using that much power. It seems to me that they are responding the the current market demands. There are a lot of people who would love to use a DNA 40, but there just isn't enough power for them. They are making one board that can do everything. I vape at 18-22w on mesh almost exclusively, but I'm very excited about this board all the same. I very rarely will drip at around 50w if the mood strikes me, and this board can do that. If I ever feel like vaping at 200w (unlikely), this is a board that can grow with me, do whatever I'll ever need it to do. That is exciting! Just because you don't want 200w does not mean that this board will not perform just as well at much lower power settings.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I think thats a straight lie. Everyone keeps referring to the DNA40 interview when they said they were working on a new mod, yet they say there not going to build a high wattage device. If this was the mod they were working on, why would they insist on not building high wattage devices and talk them down. This is a responsive to the market, the chips they were talking could have been anything, but likely NOT this mod as they advocated against high wattage devices. The device they likely were talking about is this DNA70 we keep hearing about.

You are wrong, and you should not continue down this track.

Would someone be able to chime in on 3 18350 battery capabilities?

It would power up and run at lower wattages fine, but it would run out of amp capacity very quickly.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Another thought: Has anyone stopped to consider the lower current draw this board will need to produce the same amount of power as 1s configuration? That's a definite plus in my book.

This has implications as far as the transport wiring on the input side, as well as battery life at lower wattages. It has definite plusses.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California

Evolv's datasheets are very detailed, unlike YiHi's. I have successfully designed enclosures of my own with the dimensions they've provided for earlier boards; I expect the same level of detail will be released for the DNA200 and designing an enclosure shouldn't be anymore difficult than for earlier DNA boards. You will see enclosures in a matter of a few weeks (if not days) from CAD enabled folks once we get our hands on the datasheet.

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
I agree, forget about printed...

Here's a really cool tutorial for resin casting:

Resin Casting: Going from CAD to Engineering-Grade Plastic Parts | Make:

I found it when shopping for a milling machine.

lol I mean the source,
I made my 3d print debut with an 26650 dna40

and I think it's easier to design a box when you have a fixed complete face
(and without battery contacts when using lipo )

I'm not against the lipo vs li-ion talk but it's beyond the dna200 & should have it's own thread imo

it's killing the buzz :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread