classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
@classwife this isn't about temperature control, it's an error that tells the user the board itself is too hot.
TC has to do more with coil temp :p

Aren't dna 75 mods TC capable mods ?
Yeppers - so this is the right home for it :)

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Aren't DNA 75 mods TC capable Mods ?
Yes they are but that capability isn't part of the question nor relevant to it, some devices without TC can give the same error as well, that's why I was unruly :D

But I know there's not only one "correct" way to file threads in a forum and it's perfectly fine in TC, don't want to make a big fuss or dispute the decision further ;)

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
As the title suggests, I am getting a "Too Hot" error on the display. The manual tells me that it means that the board has gotten too hot, but not what to do about it. The error won't go away.

Two things that can cause that failure:

1. A bad dna circuit board as mentioned earlier.

2. Using a battery with insufficient current output. Crappy batteries will get quite hot when pushed to their limits.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ive seen a big ole puddle of juice on the board cause this as well.
I am not positive about this, but doesn't the DNA boards get dipped in a sealant to make them water (or ejuice) resistant?

Not trying to make any claims here, just asking out of curiosity. I thought I remember hearing some statement somewhere along these lines.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I am not positive about this, but doesn't the DNA boards get dipped in a sealant to make them water (or ejuice) resistant?
    Yes, they have what's called a conformal coating. Their actuators (buttons) do not, but can be cleaned. Also the solder tabs (obviously)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Yes, they have what's called a conformal coating. Their actuators (buttons) do not, but can be cleaned. Also the solder tabs (obviously)
    Thanks for the info and confirming that for me. I figured any solder points and buttons/switches would have to be uncoated for proper function.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    The thing about a puddle of juice that sits there and thickens with the heat etc (especially if the juice has sweeteners), is that it forms an insulator that can inhibit heat dissipation. Think of it like putting a blanket over the hot components. This has popped up on the DNA forums so it is not just hypothetical. Isopropyl will easily clean it up.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    The thing about a puddle of juice that sits there and thickens with the heat etc (especially if the juice has sweeteners), is that it forms an insulator that can inhibit heat dissipation. Think of it like putting a blanket over the hot components. This has popped up on the DNA forums so it is not just hypothetical. Isopropyl will easily clean it up.
    I wasn't trying to imply that DNA boards are immune to juice spills or anything, I basically just wanted to confirm that it did have a coating on it.

My next question would be, does rubbing alcohol damage the coating?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I wasn't trying to imply that DNA boards are immune to juice spills or anything, I basically just wanted to confirm that it did have a coating on it.

My next question would be, does rubbing alcohol damage the coating?
    I can't speak for Evolv or any other board manufacturer. Back when Provape first created the Provari, their chip had a "coating" and they even recommended an "alcohol bath or dip" as part of the Provari's maintanance (Yes, the entire mod.). At some point, Provape stopped using a board with the coating and discontinued the alcohol bath recommendation. That makes me question using alcohol on an unprotected circuit board.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Do you have a recommended type to use?

BTW, I like the DW avatar. Keeping it old school.
    I think most are probably good. There was some with a tiny bit of lube in it I used at work once, gotta avoid that here, but good for some applications.
    Lol, got a free TV app and just starting the series. Only on season 2,so have a looong way to go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread