The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DNA Mods

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by ukeman, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    I am ordering a Diagnose and Repair service from Vapor Shark and to my surprise, noticed they have no DNA VS stock. I bought these early 2017 and haven't kept up.
    I like basic TC as simple as possible, and like Evlov's reputation.
    I still have 2 Lava Box DNA200's and love the form factor, but obviously they have discontinued DNA.
    On the other hand, I see FT has some DNA200/250 under $200.
    I Google DNA mods and older
    Whats going on with DNA and TC mods today in general as far as marketing and availability ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Non dna tc has gotten better, and meanwhile DNA came out with a new feature called replay which makes TC much simpler. So DNA is still top dog, more or less. The two current dna chips are the 75c and 250c prices for current chips remain about what they were. You can pick up an old clouper t8 dna200 for $35 though

Not sure whether that’s what you were asking or not

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks Super Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Are you asking about new mods using dna? The current chips are 75c and 250c. Anything older is going to be old stock. Afaik vaporshark hasn’t updated their dna line up in a while.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Just haven't been keeping track. Once I get my quiver set up its not a priority.
    Until, well, its been a year since my purchasing my last 2 VS DNA 250's (one repaired -VS has a good system ) and now the other needs it.
    My 2 LavaBox DNA 200's (bought a couple yrs ago) have been repaired and replaced at least once.
    I guess that may answer my question right there; inevitably general consumers end up needing repair/replacement and I guess its not profitable enough for big stores to carry the lines anymore?
    Warranty process has them spinning their wheels with repair and not so much sales... they are not cheap either!

Btw I don't care for VS's floating 510 connector (?) where you have to push down attach RTA... maybe thats why juice can get in there (?)
    I'm pretty rough on my gear.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lufty

Lufty Senior Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    I talked to VaporShark a month or so ago, and they said they have been working on a new line. Their new line will be released early next year!

• Like Like x 2
  6. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    If it is outside the one year mark,as long as you pay for the repair I don't see why they would not repair it ??

7. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    One nice new DNA mod is the HCigar VT250S. It uses the latest 250C board and can be used in either a 2 OR 3 18650 battery configuration.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lufty

Lufty Senior Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Oh woah! thats really cool actually, the 2 or 3 battery option. Does that mean its capable of 200w to 300w?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    With high amp batteries and the right build, yes, although why would you want to?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. brewbear

brewbear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2017
    To paraphrase Sir Hillary when asked why he climbed Everest, "because it is there"

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Yes with 3 batteries it can do up to 300W. Actually the board is capable of 400W with 4 batteries, but I don't know of any 4 battery mods that use this board. This is also the board that has the "replay" feature.
    Here is the official datasheet on it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    You can build a box with a Lipo that will get you to 400W. Boxer and Mad Modder offer them. Mad Modder is a big sucker too. I think it will take, or almost take, a 40 mm tank without overhang.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Just so everybody knows they still offer the regular 75 and 250 as well as the new C boards. The 250C will do 400 on a 4S lipo or 4 batteries and even though thats rediculous it will do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  14. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    I don't either but !!! they won't/don't

i just trashed my Halcyon,board went bad and after several emails from Evolv saying that unless i could show proof of buying within the last year there was nothing they would do for me
    i attempted fixing it myself but couldn't get 510 out of it,it's now in the landfill and evolv will never see another red cent of my money

• Like Like x 1
  15. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Ive never had anything but great experience dealing with evolv but Ive never ask them to repair a mod, only boards. What about lost vape? They built the mod. DNA just supplied them the board. In the future there are lots of places that will repair a mod.

• Like Like x 2
  16. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks Super Member

Aug 18, 2018

They wouldn’t even take money to fix it weird? Should have just given it to me. I could get that up and running in 15 minutes.

The hcigar vt250s that’s in their website is only a 250 chip. I don’t understand the battery feature. The mod stays the same size so you are only saving one battery worth of weight. Hokay.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Think of it like this. If your car breaks under warranty you dont go after the company that made the part, you go to the company that sold you the car. Once the warranty is up you take it to a regular mechanic

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Here is Vaping with Vic tests the Triade 250C at 300 watts at 24 minutes into it. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Don't understand why he feels obligated to do that with every mod. Someone's gonna send him a Lipo that'll push 400W out just to watch what happens.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    That is what Vic said. We are not watching his videos to hear about Replay, but just here watching Vic vape at 300 watts. He does have a point. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.