Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I am ordering a Diagnose and Repair service from Vapor Shark and to my surprise, noticed they have no dna VS stock. I bought these early 2017 and haven't kept up.
I like basic TC as simple as possible, and like Evlov's reputation.
I still have 2 Lava Box DNA200's and love the form factor, but obviously they have discontinued dna.
On the other hand, I see FT has some DNA200/250 under $200.
I Google dna mods and older
Whats going on with DNA and TC mods today in general as far as marketing and availability ?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Non dna tc has gotten better, and meanwhile DNA came out with a new feature called replay which makes TC much simpler. So DNA is still top dog, more or less. The two current dna chips are the 75c and 250c prices for current chips remain about what they were. You can pick up an old clouper t8 dna200 for $35 though

Not sure whether that’s what you were asking or not

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Just haven't been keeping track. Once I get my quiver set up its not a priority.
Until, well, its been a year since my purchasing my last 2 VS DNA 250's (one repaired -VS has a good system ) and now the other needs it.
My 2 LavaBox DNA 200's (bought a couple yrs ago) have been repaired and replaced at least once.
I guess that may answer my question right there; inevitably general consumers end up needing repair/replacement and I guess its not profitable enough for big stores to carry the lines anymore?
Warranty process has them spinning their wheels with repair and not so much sales... they are not cheap either!

Btw I don't care for VS's floating 510 connector (?) where you have to push down attach RTA... maybe thats why juice can get in there (?)
I'm pretty rough on my gear.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
I am ordering a Diagnose and Repair service from Vapor Shark and to my surprise, noticed they have no DNA VS stock. I bought these early 2017 and haven't kept up.
I like basic TC as simple as possible, and like Evlov's reputation.
I still have 2 Lava Box DNA200's and love the form factor, but obviously they have discontinued DNA.
On the other hand, I see FT has some DNA200/250 under $200.
I Google DNA mods and older
Whats going on with DNA and TC mods today in general as far as marketing and availability ?

I talked to VaporShark a month or so ago, and they said they have been working on a new line. Their new line will be released early next year!

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just haven't been keeping track. Once I get my quiver set up its not a priority.
Until, well, its been a year since my purchasing my last 2 VS DNA 250's (one repaired -VS has a good system ) and now the other needs it.
My 2 LavaBox DNA 200's (bought a couple yrs ago) have been repaired and replaced at least once.
I guess that may answer my question right there; inevitably general consumers end up needing repair/replacement and I guess its not profitable enough for big stores to carry the lines anymore?
Warranty process has them spinning their wheels with repair and not so much sales... they are not cheap either!

Btw I don't care for VS's floating 510 connector (?) where you have to push down attach RTA... maybe thats why juice can get in there (?)
I'm pretty rough on my gear.
If it is outside the one year mark,as long as you pay for the repair I don't see why they would not repair it ??

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Oh woah! thats really cool actually, the 2 or 3 battery option. Does that mean its capable of 200w to 300w?

Yes with 3 batteries it can do up to 300W. Actually the board is capable of 400W with 4 batteries, but I don't know of any 4 battery mods that use this board. This is also the board that has the "replay" feature.
Here is the official datasheet on it

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
If it is outside the one year mark,as long as you pay for the repair I don't see why they would not repair it ??

I don't either but !!! they won't/don't

i just trashed my Halcyon,board went bad and after several emails from Evolv saying that unless i could show proof of buying within the last year there was nothing they would do for me
i attempted fixing it myself but couldn't get 510 out of it,it's now in the landfill and evolv will never see another red cent of my money

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
I don't either but !!! they won't/don't

i just trashed my Halcyon,board went bad and after several emails from Evolv saying that unless i could show proof of buying within the last year there was nothing they would do for me
i attempted fixing it myself but couldn't get 510 out of it,it's now in the landfill and evolv will never see another red cent of my money

They wouldn’t even take money to fix it weird? Should have just given it to me. I could get that up and running in 15 minutes.

The hcigar vt250s that’s in their website is only a 250 chip. I don’t understand the battery feature. The mod stays the same size so you are only saving one battery worth of weight. Hokay.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Oh woah! thats really cool actually, the 2 or 3 battery option. Does that mean its capable of 200w to 300w?

With high amp batteries and the right build, yes, although why would you want to?
Here is Vaping with Vic tests the Triade 250C at 300 watts at 24 minutes into it.
EIQLJ7Z.gif

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Don't understand why he feels obligated to do that with every mod. Someone's gonna send him a Lipo that'll push 400W out just to watch what happens.
That is what Vic said. We are not watching his videos to hear about Replay, but just here watching Vic vape at 300 watts. He does have a point.
EIQLJ7Z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread