Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
In the last year I have gotten back to my vape obsession (just the vape part; not the science end) settling in with the dna TC boxes as my preferred weapons.
I ditched the LavaBox75 (after 2 or 3 replacements) and am good with 2 DNA200 Lava Boxes (i have 2 after 2 replacements of the 200).
Volcano Ecigs seems to only have enough supply to replace under warranty and no longer offers dna products.
Also as you know the 200 is not really on the market much; at least not is an under-$200 range and is replaced by the dna 250.
I am hearing the DNA 250 is superior, but see some commercial review sites saying the DNA75 is still a good option for those that don't need so much power. In my experience I only have the 200's because of reliability not power.
I am zeroing in on a Vapor Shark 250 asap but thought I'd put this out for suggestions/affirmations... I won't try to use the YiHi although I'm sure its great. I've even had one but like they say you can lead a horse to water but...some are just stubbornly ignorant. I sold it.

I'm not a newb but might as well be as I think I'm dyslexic when it comes to things like online USB configuring stuff. I figured how to use Escribe for basic profiles for the 200 (using the 75 platform or whatever you call it).
I vape TC SS316 single coil .30-.45 ohms MTL RTA's
I am hard on my gear; Use 3 boxes a day for different flavors, and early on went through about 6 SmokALien 220's (for ease of use and form) before going with DNA. Never again. Each one glitched out within a months time.
I have a backup MVP4 which is nowhere as good a vape sadly as it is pretty reliable, and needs to be put on the bench.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm extremely happy with my JAC Vapour series B DNA75W. I paid under $100 for it new from JAC Vapour.
JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w -- ECF subforum

This was my first DNA mod and I've been using it for about 4 months. I usually vape around 30 watts, never more than 40 watts. I use 0.5 ohm coils in an original Uwell Crown clearo tank. I've tried TC but prefer wattage mode. I get a full day's use from a single Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15 amp battery. Sexy and compact for portability. 6 month warranty.

JACVapour-Series-B-DNA-75-Sandstorm.jpg

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Evolv is coming out with replay option one needs to have a dnc "c" board .
You can find out what replay does by google or phil does interview on the tube with evolv's president who explains what replay function does.
It will not work with the regular dna boards only the c boards "color" for those vaping in temp control .
They explain better than i could since its not the way i vape .Goes something like this once you find that magic vape one would set replay and it suppose to do it each time .

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The release of the new 250c is imminent, It has some cool new features (replay)
Maybe waiting a few weeks at this point mite be a good Idea?
The biggest advantage of the 250 over the older 200 is 2 amp charging, this is only really relevant if your using an internal Lipo battery or charge via USB

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
The 250 sounds "best" (for me) even if I don't need more than 30 watts with TC. I am a bit concerned that with the "evolving" environment of TC that mods keep getting obsolete. How disposable is a $200 mod??? I guess it just goes with the territory and like I said I'm rough on my mods but I cant expect i.e. the Lava Box repaired if its out of warranty and no longer being produced.
Thats why I'll likely go with a Vapor Shark. At least they have been making these for a good while.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I agree with Dieseler and Steamer the way you vape it sounds as though "replay" would be right up your alley. Once you find your desired vape lock it in with replay. The DNA C board has many other advantages over the non C DNA. the most impressive to me is being able to adjust/set/dial in all the functions/stats (other than themes/profiles and a couple of other constants) on the mod without having to connect to Escribe.
The DNA 250 has a higher output than the DNA 75 but won't matter the way you vape
Output Power 1 Watt 250 Watts Output Voltage .5 Volt 9.3 Volts Output Current, continuous 55.0 Amp Output Current, Output Current, instantaneous peak 60.0 Amps
Output Power 1 Watt 75 Watts Output Voltage .2 Volt 6.2 Volts Output Current, continuous 30.0 Amps Output Current, instantaneous peak 40.0 Amps.

One other consideration in your mod search is the quality of both the materials and workmanship, especially if buying a mass produced mod from China.

No one knows what this year will bring in innovation, Brandon of Evolv said that their R and D was basically on hold until the FDA backed off on the regulations deadline.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I agree with Dieseler and Steamer the way you vape it sounds as though "replay" would be right up your alley. Once you find your desired vape lock it in with replay. The DNA C board has many other advantages over the non C DNA. the most impressive to me is being able to adjust/set/dial in all the functions/stats (other than themes/profiles and a couple of other constants) on the mod without having to connect to Escribe.
The DNA 250 has a higher output than the DNA 75 but won't matter the way you vape
Output Power 1 Watt 250 Watts Output Voltage .5 Volt 9.3 Volts Output Current, continuous 55.0 Amp Output Current, Output Current, instantaneous peak 60.0 Amps
Output Power 1 Watt 75 Watts Output Voltage .2 Volt 6.2 Volts Output Current, continuous 30.0 Amps Output Current, instantaneous peak 40.0 Amps.

One other consideration in your mod search is the quality of both the materials and workmanship, especially if buying a mass produced mod from China.

No one knows what this year will bring in innovation, Brandon of Evolv said that their R and D was basically on hold until the FDA backed off on the regulations deadline.
Wow thanks yes... although chances are 50/50 I'll get bogged down in the tech for replay but you say without even using escribe? that would be pretty amazing; as far as I know you can't set profiles without it.
For the time being I intend to stick with one setting for all my mods (SS .30 to .45 ohms, 20w startup power) but wouldn't mind getting the benefits of the 250 dna chip.

tuxracer

Feb 4, 2014
United States

Another interesting thing to note is the listed efficiency of the chips.
DNA-75C listed at ~85%
DNA-250C listed at ~98%
(https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf , https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread