The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DNA Mods

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by ukeman, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    You’re right! Poor Vic is competing against the big boys in the vape reviewer scene – he needs something to draw in subs/likes/view counts.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    As long as he doesn't emulate VapnFagan to try and drum up more views. Fagan has really lost his mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    How many watts does one need to weld btw? I’m think of back in the day when they used to make laser pointer devices to put on ego batteries. 300w dc clearly isn’t any good for vaping. I wonder if there is anything it IS good for?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I have one with a 2200 4S lipo and turned it all the way up. Never took a hit but I did pulse it a few times. Then I went into escibe and turned it down. I have no idea why the heck anyone would do it but I bet somebody already has.

• Like Like x 2
  5. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks Super Member

Aug 18, 2018
    if you build for it it's not too bad. I regularly use 250-275 at home.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    According to the interviews before release, while in a suitable mod you could vape at up to 400W with it if that's your thing, the high power was implemented because of how replay works, to give it some headroom eg in cold weather (apparently they put mods in the freezer for tests).
    To replicate the draw you saved it may need a lot more power for a short period of time to accomplish that.

There were people from day1 of the announcement that said "but who needs XXX Watts" and completely missed the point evolv were making.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Because 640K ought to be enough for anybody... o_O :lol:

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    well if i could remember which reseller i bought it from ?? well i can't so i tried contacting lost vape

obviously you have never tried using their "contact" button on their sitet !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    All the links on their site are broken (meaning they go nowhere!!). Has been like this for a while now, at least a month. Not very professional! They have a Facebook page if you have an account. Perhaps someone else can chime in with a contact address.

• Like Like x 1
  10. diagrammatiks

Aug 18, 2018
    Just email them. Their website is whacked out right now. It’s like their web admin quit halfway through.

• Like Like x 1
  11. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    its a done deal !! i am done with everything Evolv !! end of story

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    their "where to buy" button works just fine

go figure

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I don't recall any company taking back or repairing merchandise under warranty without proof of purchase, unless the product has a lifetime warranty (so date doesn't matter) or it came from Wal-Mart. I'd wager you wouldn't get anything different from any other company. If you want to see bad customer service buy a SMOK.

Do you not still have the email from where you purchased it? I save all of my vape purchase emails in a special folder in my email. I have every one of them, back to my first purchase in Dec 2012.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Also not sure how a dysfunctional lost vape site would have anything to do with evolv.
    Anyways, my guess is lost vape will want to know when and where the mod was bought as well, so even if you can contact them I don't think it would make a difference.
    If you don't have proof of purchase then I don't know what to say, even the very consumer oriented EU laws wouldn't do anything for you in that case.

I understand it's very frustrating (been there, done that, got the tshirt) but at least take some responsibility. At the moment it seems you somehow think it's evolv's fault that you don't have a functioning mod.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. diagrammatiks

Aug 18, 2018
    I just emailed lv last week about a mod out of warranty. I just told them I didn’t feel like sending it in and just needed parts to fix it myself. They said they’d find me the parts and get back to me. Easy peasy

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Yup, I said the very same thing. Although poor Chinese chip design and their poor programming drove me right back to Evolv. :blush:

• Like Like x 3
  17. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Actually, you want to go to the mining companies that sold the ore to make the metal to make the mod.

TLDR: You don't know where or when you bought something and demand that a component maker fix it for you and are angry when they won't. So now you are going to hold your breath until you turn blue.

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    I'm not going to bother with multi-quoting to spell whats wrong with your thinking

you guys are really something else ,reading whatever suits your fancy into my issue !!
    LV site doesn't work as another member already stated

Evolv REFUSES to do anything for me unless it is still under warranty ,that DOES also include me paying to have it repaired

19. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Look, I completely understand. I am even worse off than you. My first DNA200 failed over 2 years ago still under warranty and I could proof it. I sent an email to Evolv requesting an RMA back in June 2016. This was just months away from 8/8/2016 and I figured they were just too busy to keep up with everything and I didn't hear anything.

Later two more DNA200 failed. Same problem, the dang BMIC (Battery Management IC) BQ76925 chip failed in all 3. I didn't bother with Evolv this time until they take care of the first one first.

Now a few months ago, a 4th one failed with the same symptoms. This one wasn't a DNA200 though, but a 75C. Well a few weeks back, I guess Nick from Evolv heard me complaining about 4 DNA boards failed and wanted to help. We even talked on the phone and he said he would send me RMA numbers for all 4. Guess what? I still haven't heard a thing.

Well I really have given up hope on Evolv fixing anything in or out of warranty for me. And like the story of my life goes, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. So I ordered the parts and that is what I am going to do. :)

Sure I was ticked off for awhile and left Evolv products. But those Chinese chips and firmware are unfixable even by me. So I came back to Evolv with my tail between my legs. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  20. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Any failed DNA's I've had, after opening a ticket with Evolv I have found them to quickly respond and replace the board (in warranty) no questions asked. Nick has always been helpful and will answer any questions or concerns. Still have DNA 40's still chuggin along as well as DNA 75 with 70K puffs. For my 2¢ their QC is outstanding,

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.