The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DNA Mods

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by ukeman, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Evolv is not a repair service for mods. They are a chip manufacturer period. Its a lost vape mod. Thats who you should have dealt with. Yes they built the board and if you had just the board I would bet they would repair it. Why would they take a mod apart and repair it if they didnt build it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    i remember you from my other thread .i did try to get mine apart so i could replace the board [BMIC also failed] but couldn't figure out how to remove the 510 which is mandatory ,oh well
    you do realize all of Evolv's electronics are and have been made in China,assembled here ??
    although i have China mods 4-5 years old that are still working

i am going a different route now,just ordered all the parts to make my own PWM mod

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    Really i should post the emails from Evolv stating that unless my mod was under warranty there was nothing they would do for me,that also includes pointing me in the direction to find somebody to pay to fix the mod !!!!

but posting emails publicly is not a cool thing to do

4. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    dam !! do i need to draw pictures for you sheeple

5. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I totally understand your position to a point, I just think your blaming the wrong place. Evolv doesnt have to fix things out of warranty and its not there place to find you a repair center. Especially since they did not build the mod. All they did was supply a board to a company. Sure, they may have repaired the board if you just sent the board. I would be more upset with lost vape and even they wouldnt have to deal with it out of warranty.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    That is great mackman. And next time ask Nick why they won't repair any of my failed DNAs? As I really like to know. :grr:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Actually they are. As they are also the US service center for Lost Vape mods.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    I hear you.
    In the past have bought plain vv boards and made a few dual 14500 mods with volt meters .
    Several years back bought hcigar nano mod 75watt evolv board opened it up to see the engine(board) inside
    anyways with that board its easy to replace from my other 75w boards if i like that particular case .
    If i recall the 510 connector would stay but its wire has to be unsoldered from connector or the board and said to myself i could replace board with another same board if stopped working.
    It will not stop working after using for 2 years.
    Good luck with what you decide.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    What mod is this again?

Do you realize that the boards are manufactured in Illinois, some chips are manufactured in Texas. And a few components are manufactured in China. And it is assembled in Ohio. So a large part is mostly made in the US.

Brandon (of Evolv) had a bit of trouble in one visit to China. As they asked him why he was there. And he said to sell US electronics to China. And they said, oh you mean to buy Chinese electronics for the US. He said no, he really means selling US electronics to China. :lol:

I have had tons of Chinese mods that still work that are over 4 years old now. I only had 2 I think failed. One was a Vamo clone and the brass 510 threads wore out in 30 days. And one Smok board lost its boost regulation. The vendor replaced it with a M65 v2 which hardly nobody knows about and still works even today.

The problem of course with those Chinese boards are that TC is horrible and wattage regulation is iffy at best. And since their efficiency is so low, battery life sucks! Who could live with that? I definitely can't. As I know their are boards that can do so much better than that.

Why PWM? They pulse when you fire them. And makes that rattlesnake sound. And your vape is uneven and you can tell the wattage is jumping up and down. Gosh I hated those mods. Luckily they are rare today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    1 i dare you to show me where i am blaming Evolv for anything other then refusing to help me get my mod fixed

2 did you not read the earlier[not my post] post about LV's website not working for at least the last month

• Like Like x 1
  11. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    this one,i thought you posted ,but alas i was mistaken
    Halcyon

i actually liked the PWM mods of yester-year,with the right atty the flavor was incredible

• Like Like x 1
  12. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I did read it and to follow up I emailed them myself. If I am wrong I apologize. I really wish you had not chunked it as I might could have helped you out.

13. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    The newer PWM's dont hum anymore. They cycle above 25K now so you cant here them. I just finished a couple. Pretty fun to play with. The older ones did s... though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Big Als PWM boards do not hum, whine or rattlesnake. Tons of features and cheap as chips. :thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I just finished a couple with his Ipwm with dual 21700's. There great and if thats not enough I have a 3S one. Its a little scary

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Oh it is even a squonker to boot. Yeah I don't know either how to get that 510 off. But normally you just unsolder the wires from the board and don't have to take off the 510. Maybe that one the 510 has to be removed first. :unsure:

Ah okay. Then I apologize about all of those bad things I said about PWM. Sorry, I didn't know. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  17. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    They have changed a lot over the past few years. Pretty reliable also but lets be real, there still for power and not finesse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    i needed about 1\4 inch more play to unsolder the board,no way could i get to the 510 to remove or unsolder

as far PWM ,not for everybody

• Like Like x 2
  19. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    link ?? i went MM for my stuff

• Like Like x 2
  20. dc99

Aug 17, 2014
    earth