Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
"Now when I set the power in tc at 25W (temp at 210C), it throttles back to 10-15W which is way to cold. Don't make no difference when I up the watts to. It does make the right difference when I up the temp, but that defeats the object."

That is how TC works. As the coil reaches the preset temp the chipset throttles back the wattage to maintain the preset temp.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Like I said i'm kinda new to DL. I love the flavor and satisfaction i'm getting from it. I actually vape much less than I do with MTL.
I'm currently on 250C and that gives me the heat I like. Just worried that it might be a bit on the warm side.
I'm wondering what the general temp is that people use, when doing DL in temp control...?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I usually vape at between 410F to 450F at 60 watts depending on atomizer/coil and flavor I’m vaping.

I also do not use the supplied DNA SS316L profile. It was incredibly weak and anemic so I downloaded another profile from the Evolv forum which is much better. I was so disappointed especially after coming from a Yihi chip which was very robust. I can’t find the link to the profile but here’s a link to Evolv (they make DNA chips) forums. Someone can hook you up to a good profile. I don’t use DJLs or SteM Engines but some other guys. Lots of good info on how to use the device as well as Escribe software.
Evolv DNA Forum

It took me almost 2 weeks to finally get a great vape. Thing’s still as finicky as all hell though if anything in the build is minutely out of whack.

Reactions: bsidb

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Thanks @Fidola13
Thing is, i'm not into computers. I can help myself with the basics, but that's about how far I want it to go. I don't even understand computer terminology. I can't go to escribe and adjust things...nor do I want to. Now i'm completely confockulated because I have a mod that relies on a computer to function properly.
I don't have that problem with my eVic Primo, Vaporesso, Pico and my Aspire Zelos mods. They all work fine in TC....I adjust my temp and power and away I go. Hell even my ....ty little Livepor gives me less problems it TC than my shiny DNA devices..
Nah I decided to use my DNA mods for VW and do TC on the rest.
I'm buying new mods because i'm doing more DL and i'll be steering clear of any DNA chips.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I usually vape at between 410F to 450F at 60 watts depending on atomizer/coil and flavor I’m vaping.

I also do not use the supplied DNA SS316L profile. It was incredibly weak and anemic so I downloaded another profile from the Evolv forum which is much better. I was so disappointed especially after coming from a Yihi chip which was very robust. I can’t find the link to the profile but here’s a link to Evolv (they make DNA chips) forums. Someone can hook you up to a good profile. I don’t use DJLs or SteM Engines but some other guys. Lots of good info on how to use the device as well as Escribe software.
Evolv DNA Forum

It took me almost 2 weeks to finally get a great vape. Thing’s still as finicky as all hell though if anything in the build is minutely out of whack.
I found it to be weak too. My solution was to just use replay. No muss no fuss

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Thanks @Fidola13
Thing is, i'm not into computers. I can help myself with the basics, but that's about how far I want it to go. I don't even understand computer terminology. I can't go to escribe and adjust things...nor do I want to. Now i'm completely confockulated because I have a mod that relies on a computer to function properly.
I don't have that problem with my eVic Primo, Vaporesso, Pico and my Aspire Zelos mods. They all work fine in TC....I adjust my temp and power and away I go. Hell even my ....ty little Livepor gives me less problems it TC than my shiny DNA devices..
I'm buying new mods because i'm doing more DL and i'll be steering clear of any DNA chips.

That was my BIGGEST gripe about DNA mods. I couldn’t believe I had to use software and a downloaded profile to get a great TC vape. Like you said ALL my other mods were good to go out of the box including my two Yihis. Of course all the DNA fan clubs came out to tell me how perfect the DNA chip and it’s such because it’s such high quality chip that I should expect to have to adjust every setting in the software. Blah blah blah. Whatever.

My thought is that you should still get an incredible vape right out of the box or at least be able to change important settings on the mod itself without relying on a pc and tinkering with all the settings!

I honestly feel badly for people who buy these mods without this knowledge. I at least knew where to find answers to what was going on because I’m nerdy. But for those who don’t research every thing online or join vape forums they’re going to be SOL trying to get a decent ss tc vape. I was furious about it but now I’ve got it all set and I have 3 DNA mods.

Even so I still get bizarre Temp Protect issues or Check Atomizer warnings out of the blue even when it’s been working fine and working on every other mod I own. It gets frustrating tbh.

My favorite mod is still the Vaporesso Revenger X or Polar. The OMNI chip vapes TC just about as well as the DNA or Yihi chips imo without all the fuss or $$.

Good luck.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Unfortunately it didn’t have Replay at the time I bought my 1st Therion and I really wanted to vape in TC.
Yeah I’m kind of a tc noob. I didn’t want to mess with it at all till SS came out, and then I couldn’t get it the way I liked it. Replay seemed the easy way out so I spazzed out finding a therion bf. Pretty happy I did in the end though

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Don't give up on the DNA for TC.

You'll find out that it works properly for what you have it set for (temp too low IMHO) and those other mods actually don't do TC as well as a DNA or high end YiHi. Have you tired those other units when a tank goes dry to see if they are actually throttling back power to prevent burning of your wick?

The problem with stainless steel wire is there are so many variations of of the wire especially between manufacturers. SS316L for example can have a 16 - 18% Chromium content and 10 - 14% Nickle, so a wire with an 18/10 ratio will work differently under TC than a wire with 16/14 ratio. That's why stainless is not the best wire for TC but it is the most versatile, as it can be used in power or TC mode.

A generic SS setting on most mods never really works well since SS304, 316, 316L, 317 and 430 all have different compositions. SS430 has the highest TCR value out of all the SS wires and the lowest Nickle content, it is the best for TC but harder to find.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
SS430 has the highest TCR value out of all the SS wires and the lowest Nickle content, it is the best for TC but harder to find.
I bought a roll at Unkamen some time ago. Didn't really use it, but its been in the back of my mind lately. I'll give it a go.
Have you tired those other units when a tank goes dry to see if they are actually throttling back power to prevent burning of your wick?
Yeah they all cut back well enough for me...even my small Vaporesso Target mini. I use the Hadaly on it and works beautifully. That's all I really want. Something that cuts back when the coil dries out.
Nah really i'm over DNA. The "fault" isn't with the DNA or Evolve. Its me. I made the wrong device choice for how I want to vape. I just want something simple that gives me a good enough vape experience.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
...That's all I really want. Something that cuts back when the coil dries out....
I just want something simple that gives me a good enough vape experience.
*whispers* replay

It’s one button no numbers TC for dummies. I’m in lurve

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I bought a roll at Unkamen some time ago. Didn't really use it, but its been in the back of my mind lately. I'll give it a go.

Yeah they all cut back well enough for me...even my small Vaporesso Target mini. I use the Hadaly on it and works beautifully. That's all I really want. Something that cuts back when the coil dries out.
Nah really i'm over DNA. The "fault" isn't with the DNA or Evolve. Its me. I made the wrong device choice for how I want to vape. I just want something simple that gives me a good enough vape experience.
The Unk is great wire, I have used it single strand as well as double and triple strand twisted.

As long as the other devices are giving you what you want then it's all good. I run Arctic Fox firmware on my Pico and it is an excellent TC firmware for just about any Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf based chip.

If you do go looking for another DNA device, pick up a new C chip version (75C or 250C), Replay mode is a game changer when it comes to TC vaping. Set the cold resistance on your atty, vape and adjust the power to taste. If the vape is good then hit Save, its that easy.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I feel I've run the gambit with DNA equipped mods. Everything from a 250C in a Triade that was go to go out of the box to a DNA75 in an Hcigar that had not had the internal resistance or temperature profile calibrated. Basically had to finish manufacturing the mod. I can get the most out of a DNA mod but it often times takes the most work to get there. I can also get a YiHi to do pretty amazing things but there are still some parameters to play with to get there, although less than DNA. Next in line would be mods like Vaperesso, Smoant, and Tesla where I get respectable TC right out of the box. Kinda like lightroom vs photoshop.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
That was my BIGGEST gripe about DNA mods. I couldn’t believe I had to use software and a downloaded profile to get a great TC vape. Like you said ALL my other mods were good to go out of the box including my two Yihis. Of course all the DNA fan clubs came out to tell me how perfect the DNA chip and it’s such because it’s such high quality chip that I should expect to have to adjust every setting in the software. Blah blah blah. Whatever.

My thought is that you should still get an incredible vape right out of the box or at least be able to change important settings on the mod itself without relying on a pc and tinkering with all the settings!

I honestly feel badly for people who buy these mods without this knowledge. I at least knew where to find answers to what was going on because I’m nerdy. But for those who don’t research every thing online or join vape forums they’re going to be SOL trying to get a decent ss tc vape. I was furious about it but now I’ve got it all set and I have 3 DNA mods.

Even so I still get bizarre Temp Protect issues or Check Atomizer warnings out of the blue even when it’s been working fine and working on every other mod I own. It gets frustrating tbh.

My favorite mod is still the Vaporesso Revenger X or Polar. The OMNI chip vapes TC just about as well as the DNA or Yihi chips imo without all the fuss or $$.

Good luck.

What would you recommend for a single batt mod for TC ?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

Good luck.
I think that is a bit unfair Fidola13. For starters, take the DNA40, it doesn't even connect up to Evolv's EScribe software. And it works right out of the box like other TC mods.

The DNAs you seem to be referring to are the DNA60, 75, 200, and 250 chipsets. They too work right out of the box if the manufacture configured them properly. This isn't on Evolv, but on the manufacture. When the manufacture fails to do this correctly, then you may need EScribe to fix what the manufacture screwed up.

And you totally blew off talking about the DNA75C and the 250C. Both also work with EScribe software, but there isn't any need to use the software unless you want to. And you can also forget all of the hassles that all other TC mods have by using Evolv's Replay. Now forget about setting temperature, TCR, TFR, etc. You don't even need to know the wire type. By far the easiest TC to use on the planet.

And don't get me started about YiHi TC. PWM for TC, please! What genius thought that was a good idea? And my YiHi SXmini SL Class SX485J has very buggy firmware and their software is also very buggy. And the machining of the mod is just horrible. I expected much more for a over $100 Chinese mod. See Jai Haze review of it, as he got it right.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
I think that is a bit unfair Fidola13. For starters, take the DNA40, it doesn't even connect up to Evolv's EScribe software. And it works right out of the box like other TC mods.

The DNAs you seem to be referring to are the DNA60, 75, 200, and 250 chipsets. They too work right out of the box if the manufacture configured them properly. This isn't on Evolv, but on the manufacture. When the manufacture fails to do this correctly, then you may need EScribe to fix what the manufacture screwed up.

And you totally blew off talking about the DNA75C and the 250C. Both also work with EScribe software, but there isn't any need to use the software unless you want to. And you can also forget all of the hassles that all other TC mods have by using Evolv's Replay. Now forget about setting temperature, TCR, TFR, etc. You don't even need to know the wire type. By far the easiest TC to use on the planet.

And don't get me started about YiHi TC. PWM for TC, please! What genius thought that was a good idea? And my YiHi SXmini SL Class SX485J has very buggy firmware and their software is also very buggy. And the machining of the mod is just horrible. I expected much more for a over $100 Chinese mod. See Jai Haze review of it, as he got it right.

Quick question for ya: I want to get a mod with really accurate / good TC as I really like TC vaping. Was considering the Mirage dna75C, but I've seen on Dash vapes (Canadian distributor) I can get the Yihi SX mini MX Class half price right now ($79.99 can) it's reg listed at $149.00 Is this a great deal or should I go with the Mirage?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread