Not open for further replies.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I am curious after getting into sub ohm coils and caping at higher watts then my dna30 can handle would buying a better mech mod help? I am currently using a k100 and all is good but I have seen a nemesis clone at the local vape shop. It looks cool but will I notice a difference?

Hey Buddy,

Your K100 is a perfectly good mod....it's a cheapo mod, but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it IMO... I used one briefly when I first started dabbling with mechanical devices then gave it to a friend and got a Smok Magneto (which I didn't like.....too much voltage drop and the threads were awful). I then went to a HCigar Nemesis clone, and I didn't notice a huge difference in how they all performed (except for the Magneto). The biggest difference you'd notice is aesthetics to be honest....

I only buy authentic mods now (it's just what makes me happy), but if you like the looks of the Nemesis then I say go for it! Most Nemi clones out there are pretty good performers, people seem to have good luck with them.....

As the above poster said, you'll notice more performance gain by using a good battery, like the VTC5....

Last edited:

CloudsinCrowds

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
United States
if you can deal with smell of pennies get the Copper (I dont know if its coated)
I have a SS hcigar clone, it was my first mech and it works great. I would grab one from 101vape they tend to be like 30 bones on sale. That way you can get yourself some other treats too like vtc5s they are amazing, very punchy.

But seriously it will be mostly a threading aesthetics and style of adjustment for atty and battery rattle change. It wont hit that much harder for you. It will surely be better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread