Not open for further replies.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Thanks for that but they have to be here somewhere. I'm even missing the power supply for the printer. We still have stuff to unpack. I'm hoping the stool didn't get to far or it didn't break a leg trying to escape :p

Now how the hell do you loose a stool???

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
I have been using the Paypal shipping lately too Sallana. It does work out great!! After playing around with it for a few minutes, I was even able to get it to print a postage label for a 2nd party (in a different state) to ship an item to a 3rd party (in yet another state), and it allowed me to manipulate the mailing date up to three days forward to allow time for the label that I printed to get to the person who would be mailing the package. That was pretty sweet. And the tracking only costs 19 cents. :)

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I have been using the Paypal shipping lately too Sallana. It does work out great!! After playing around with it for a few minutes, I was even able to get it to print a postage label for a 2nd party (in a different state) to ship an item to a 3rd party (in yet another state), and it allowed me to manipulate the mailing date up to three days forward to allow time for the label that I printed to get to the person who would be mailing the package. That was pretty sweet. And the tracking only costs 19 cents. :)

Yeah, it has a lot of nice features. But from experience? The mail date really doesn't matter. I've let packages sit for 3 - 4 days with an older mailing date and have never lost a package.

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
I think my printer cables ran away with my kitchen stool and my bathroom scale. I haven't seen any of them since we moved!

Well, while I might miss the stool and the cables, I'd be jumping for joy on the scale.

Oh wait, I don't own a scale now. I guess I would be darned surprised if one showed up in my house.

Btw, we had the same issue in our last move except we lost 3 lampshades, our stand fan, and my dad's windtunnel (a fan that I swear is made from jet engine parts). I was hopping mad and certain that the movers had stolen those items. Husband kept me from calling them up and tearing them a new one.

My husband goes out to his car a few weeks later to get some tools out of his trunk and what's in it? Yep, the fans and the lampshades. Boy did he laugh at me.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Is there a way to mark a thread so you can find it easily later? I think this info will come in handy once I get enough stuff to PIF.

You can always click on the '#1' of post #1, that puts the web address for #1 on your browser, then simply click on 'add to favorites' and the thread becomes one of your browser favorites.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
The one good thing about stamps.com is if you sign up (you must have a credit card) they don't charge you for the first month and you get a 'free' offer of a 5lb digital postal scale. You pay shipping & handling of 10$. So sign up, buy the 10$ scale, cancel service.

Unfortunately that scale is only compatible with Stamps.com software which you can't use if you cancel the subscription.

I managed to find a program that will read from the scale, though. It's here: USBScales.zip - Windows Live

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
This is by far the easiest way to ship if you have a scale at home. I've used this for eBay, and recently started using this for PIF stuff since Redgirl brought it up in another thread.

I like the fact that it is paypal funded, and I believe there is a discount built in to the shipping prices.

As far as scheduling a pickup, it has to be priority or express mail.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Unfortunately that scale is only compatible with Stamps.com software which you can't use if you cancel the subscription.

I managed to find a program that will read from the scale, though. It's here: USBScales.zip - Windows Live

I thought it had a digital screen that told you the weight?

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Well, while I might miss the stool and the cables, I'd be jumping for joy on the scale.

Oh wait, I don't own a scale now. I guess I would be darned surprised if one showed up in my house.

Btw, we had the same issue in our last move except we lost 3 lampshades, our stand fan, and my dad's windtunnel (a fan that I swear is made from jet engine parts). I was hopping mad and certain that the movers had stolen those items. Husband kept me from calling them up and tearing them a new one.

My husband goes out to his car a few weeks later to get some tools out of his trunk and what's in it? Yep, the fans and the lampshades. Boy did he laugh at me.

If my scale shows up at your house will you tell it to please come home? lol

Is there a way to mark a thread so you can find it easily later? I think this info will come in handy once I get enough stuff to PIF.
At the top of the page you will see thread tools. You can subscribe to the thread and not get any notifications of new replies. You can then go to your control panel and scroll down on the left side to see your subscriptions. That's what I do anyway.

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
If my scale shows up at your house will you tell it to please come home? lol

At the top of the page you will see thread tools. You can subscribe to the thread and not get any notifications of new replies. You can then go to your control panel and scroll down on the left side to see your subscriptions. That's what I do anyway.

If I see a scale, I will definitely send it home! I don't want that thing in my house! (I don't need a scale to tell me when I'm putting on some lbs. My clothes tell me and that's depressing enough.)

Heh, you made me giggle with the subscription suggestion. I'm still envisioning Sardonic's inbox from the Chit Chat thread. I can't imagine the heart attack it'd cause me since I already get between 125-200 email a day. I cringe when I get back home from business trips.

Bookmarked that one thanks, I'm using the service now and was wondering what happens if you let it expire, which I plan to do once the trial is over. Only problem I run into with PP is the label size. Can you print and avery labels with PP, cause the smallest option I see is 2x7? boB

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Bookmarked that one thanks, I'm using the service now and was wondering what happens if you let it expire, which I plan to do once the trial is over. Only problem I run into with PP is the label size. Can you print and avery labels with PP, cause the smallest option I see is 2x7? boB

If you mean those 1/2 page labels, yes you can, though I don't remember the option. Although their positioning on the page is a little different from the Stamps.com software. I haven't used the USPS software yet, but I will be trying it out.

I thought it had a digital screen that told you the weight?

No, Stamps.com doesn't want you to take the scale and run. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread