DO NOT Use Stamps.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
I picked up a digital postage scale on ebay for under $20 shipped. It weighs up to 75lbs, and has both an AC cord and battery backup. I haven't even bothered plugging in the AC cord yet, just been running on the battery, and it's been probably 6 months since I bought it. The battery is still working great, so it is basically a cord-free unit if you want it to be. I don't see the exact one that I bought listed anymore, but it was similar to this one, and I think this is the same seller that I bought mine from.

76 LB DIGITAL SHIPPING POSTAL SCALE POSTAGE LB SCALES W - eBay (item 350385777160 end time Aug-19-10 05:14:37 PDT)

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
That's a good deal on the scale Adja, I got a 10lbs us postal scale from amazon for the same price a year or two ago, been running it on batteries also.

Just got off the phone with stamps.com canceling the trial account. They put in some serious effort into retaining customers... of course they need to with the crazy monthly fee.

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
That's a good deal on the scale Adja, I got a 10lbs us postal scale from amazon for the same price a year or two ago, been running it on batteries also.

Just got off the phone with stamps.com canceling the trial account. They put in some serious effort into retaining customers... of course they need to with the crazy monthly fee.

Yeah, I liked that it weighs up to 75lbs because I sell a lot of crap on ebay, and some of it is fairly heavy.

I hate that when you really want to cancel something and they don't want to accept the cancellation. On the other hand, I have discovered that you often get an offer of the same product or service at a lower price when you say that you want to cancel. LOL

I got my rates lowered on my Internet service, my cable service, and my On-star service when I called them and told them that I wanted to cancel. On-star even gave me three months of free service for reconsidering my desire to cancel. I took the three months then cancelled anyway. :)

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Yeah that is pretty much standard operating procedure for most companies, it can work out well for the consumer.

I wish I would have gotten at least a 30 lbs scale, I've had more than a few occasions that I was selling something heavy on eBay and would have to pack it, run to the Post Office to have them weigh it (boy they loved that) and then list it so I knew how much shipping would really be. :)

Depending on the pitch they toss at me I may hang with them a bit. The address book sure comes in handy too. If I'm sending to someone I already know it takes no time to pull them up, throw it on the scale, and print. Done.

I'm no good at importing stuff......there's gotta be a way of importing contacts to PP....anyone?
boB

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
Yeah that is pretty much standard operating procedure for most companies, it can work out well for the consumer.

I wish I would have gotten at least a 30 lbs scale, I've had more than a few occasions that I was selling something heavy on eBay and would have to pack it, run to the Post Office to have them weigh it (boy they loved that) and then list it so I knew how much shipping would really be. :)

You could always grab one of those 75lb scales and PIF your 10lb scale. I'm sure someone here would love to have a digital scale that weighs up to 10lb packages. :)

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
It's not that difficult to do, especially if you have excel.

Check out this link: Creating or editing a csv file

Basically just set up a simple worksheet in excel or openoffice (free if you don't have excel) like it shows in the above link with all the contact info.

Save it as a csv file.

Import the csv into PP mulit-order shipping and it will let you map the fields (like name to name, address to address) into Multi-order shipping so it all matches up.

However I'm not sure it will save that data to an address book or not. It may just be a single use type thing as if it were an order coming in. Which makes the whole process unrealistic.

I'll keep messing with it.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
It's not that difficult to do, especially if you have excel.

Check out this link: Creating or editing a csv file

Basically just set up a simple worksheet in excel or openoffice (free if you don't have excel) like it shows in the above link with all the contact info.

Save it as a csv file.

Import the csv into PP mulit-order shipping and it will let you map the fields (like name to name, address to address) into Multi-order shipping so it all matches up.

However I'm not sure it will save that data to an address book or not. It may just be a single use type thing as if it were an order coming in. Which makes the whole process unrealistic.

I'll keep messing with it.

You just need to convert it to CSV or XML. I'm fairly sure Excel and OpenOffice let you do that. Then you should be able to import it into the USPS program. Whether your formatting will work properly with the USPS program's fields is a toss up though.

Thanks for the link and info. I'll give it a shot and see how it turns out.

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Purevapes called it. It has to be formatted with certain fields a specific way.

I had it set up correctly to import the data, but it would only bring in data from the first row. Ignoring any of the other information.

It just doesn't seem practical because it's set up for importing a single order at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread