Not open for further replies.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Thanks for this great info Sallana

Just tried it and was able to print out a label, boofed the first one up, but they let you submit a cancellation for it, so all is good and
I can get my first PIF out tomorrow through the mail room at work! YEAHHHHHH I hate the post office and my inability to get there
while they're still open!

Thanks again!

Nightseer

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Somewhere in time.
Yeah-stamps.com bites-lol-I cancelled them over two years ago(yes, I called)-and they still send me a monthly invoice. I owe them (supposedly) well over $300 according to their invoice, yet they charge me the $9.99 monthly. Every month. Even though it was their screw up-and refuse to cancel it again until I pay the whole ammount........

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
thank you nikhil~!! I was so excited to go home and get my old stamps.com scale....then bummed when I couldn't get it to work.....now I'm excited again~!

Unfortunately that scale is only compatible with Stamps.com software which you can't use if you cancel the subscription.

I managed to find a program that will read from the scale, though. It's here: USBScales.zip - Windows Live

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Thanks for this great info Sallana

Just tried it and was able to print out a label, boofed the first one up, but they let you submit a cancellation for it, so all is good and
I can get my first PIF out tomorrow through the mail room at work! YEAHHHHHH I hate the post office and my inability to get there
while they're still open!

Thanks again!

Yes you can cancel them, but if you go into the history tab you can also reprint them :)

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
I feel like such a dork now....For the last few things I have mailed (1.4 ounces) I have printed my postage through paypal and TOOK them to the post office. I hate going to the post office but I thought I had to since it was first class padded envelope and not priority. I know you can schedule a pick up for priority but not for first class. I totally read the usps website wrong LOL....I thought it meant it HAD to be at least priority for your mail person to pick it up.....WOW I have never laughed so hard at myself before or felt like such a airhead:laugh: ..... I have another package going out soon so this time I will just walk my lazy .... outside a few feet stick it in my mailbox and lift the flag :facepalm:

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Thanks. I was just looking at what was available online. I didn't know about the PP option, I'll have to look at that too. I was just shopping based on what was on the labels of the supplies I get. Stamps.com and Click-N-Ship(USPS) mainly. Any problems with USPS?

I don't think you can print out first class labels with USPS but I might be wrong. There's a thread about that somewhere, too actually. Written by Blaze around the same time I wrote this.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
have a question, i have a bunch of "forever" stamps (like half a book or more) if I plaster like 5 of those on packages will that cover it?

Yes, we've been known to do that. And the cool thing about using stamps is sometimes they don't mark them. I used to get packages with stamps all the time, and they were almost never marked, so I could re-use them. I think 4 stamps should cover most standard packages, use 5 if you're paranoid like I always was :p

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I feel like such a dork now....For the last few things I have mailed (1.4 ounces) I have printed my postage through paypal and TOOK them to the post office. I hate going to the post office but I thought I had to since it was first class padded envelope and not priority. I know you can schedule a pick up for priority but not for first class. I totally read the usps website wrong LOL....I thought it meant it HAD to be at least priority for your mail person to pick it up.....WOW I have never laughed so hard at myself before or felt like such a airhead:laugh: ..... I have another package going out soon so this time I will just walk my lazy .... outside a few feet stick it in my mailbox and lift the flag :facepalm:

LOL. We live, we learn. :p I used to walk to the corner and drop mine in the drop-box thing. But now I just stick it in my mailbox too, which isn't really even meant for carrier pickup. How's that for lazy? Sometimes he won't even take the packages. He let a package sit in there for 3 days once. I ended up covering it with 20 post-its that all said "OUT. GOING." :D

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
have a question, i have a bunch of "forever" stamps (like half a book or more) if I plaster like 5 of those on packages will that cover it?

I am pretty sure that a forever stamp is worth 1 ounce of mail (no matter when you actually use them). If you put 5 on a package, it would cover 5 ounces of first class mail.

It's a good deal for stamp hoarders because they are worth more when the rate increases than what they were paid for initially.

~C

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
LOL. We live, we learn. :p I used to walk to the corner and drop mine in the drop-box thing. But now I just stick it in my mailbox too, which isn't really even meant for carrier pickup. How's that for lazy? Sometimes he won't even take the packages. He let a package sit in there for 3 days once. I ended up covering it with 20 post-its that all said "OUT. GOING." :D

I read online that they are supposed to pick up small packages under 13 ounces from your mailbox when your flag was up. Dang it if that's not true then I will have to go to the post office because my mail person isn't one of the nicest and won't go out of their way for anything :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread