Do not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
I have a solution for that. But it requires some fiddling, but it will increase your flavor in my opinion by 10% to 20%. Get rid of the whistle tip, I really don't care for them. With all the obstructions in the whistle tip you lose quite a bit of flavor. I really prefer using my trip tips. If anyone is interested I can post some pictures. You will need a fluxo tube and a donut.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
...put a filled Vision Extreme in your pants pocket. I did and the mouthpiece came off. I put it back on and vaped and it tasted really nasty. I then realized all the juice had leaked out in my pocket. It would be nice if the mouthpieces were threaded and could screw on. They come off just a bit too easy.

Been there, Done That...

Maybe not with a Vision but the Results were the Same.

:facepalm:

The dumbest, and possibly the most embarrassing thing I ever did was put my PV with a full E2 carto in my pants pocket before doing a Power Point presentation in front of about 60 people.

Needless to say, the carto leaked and by the time I felt it I had a nice wet spot about 2” from my pants zipper.

X-Factor

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Pennsylvania
I just posted a suggestion thread to Gotvapes asking them about a "carrying tube". A test tube shaped case that is long enough for an Ego with a Vision carto on it, and a good width that wont allow it to rattle around too much. It would protect it from getting broken in your pocket, protect from leaking, and keep dust out of it. Plus it would be conveniently available for portable vaping.

Badkolo from Gotvapes posted in the thread, saying they were working on that, and it should be available in about a couple weeks. :)

Last edited:

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Honestly, I'm not sure how the juice gets up in the top when it's lying on the side since it seems like I have a tight seal. For everyday use, I have no leaks, but if I store it on the side for a while, it leaks out. I always pull the inner plug up a little, then use the mouthpiece to push it down so I get a tight seal between the inner and mouthpiece plug. Slow leaks or not, these are still my favorite attys. My stardust and stone tank will be here any day!

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
pulling the inner plug up a little is most likely causing your leak when laying down. pulling the seal up increases the open space at the wick opening in the ceramic cup. i would push the seal down so it sits snug on the wicks without pinching them. as long as the mouthpiece seal goes all the way round the tube and the cup seal nipple goes in the mouthpiece hole it matters not the distance between these 2 seals - they dont need to be squashed tight together lol

Knotar

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
St. Thomas Ontario
I have a solution for that. But it requires some fiddling, but it will increase your flavor in my opinion by 10% to 20%. Get rid of the whistle tip, I really don't care for them. With all the obstructions in the whistle tip you lose quite a bit of flavor. I really prefer using my trip tips. If anyone is interested I can post some pictures. You will need a fluxo tube and a donut.

I would love to see how that is done.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
Ahhh, so I've been doing it wrong all this time! They still work well, tho, so that's good to know. I guess where I was using the fluxos before, and on those you have the o-ring and inner plug fitting together tightly, I thought the visions did, too! Thanks for the heads up. :D

Edit: In response to:

pulling the inner plug up a little is most likely causing your leak when laying down. pulling the seal up increases the open space at the wick opening in the ceramic cup. i would push the seal down so it sits snug on the wicks without pinching them. as long as the mouthpiece seal goes all the way round the tube and the cup seal nipple goes in the mouthpiece hole it matters not the distance between these 2 seals - they dont need to be squashed tight together lol

Mr.BeSoBeautiful

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Without even seeing your pics I grasped your ideal and went to work. I love it. My life just changed a little bit for the better as i take pride in my drip tip collection. The best part was as i was fiddling i took the whistle tip off the vision then proceeded to lay it on its side spilling juice all over the table.

Using the same logic i suppose i can do the same thing with a vision regular tube and probably a cross section of a carto condom to fit in a giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread