Status
Not open for further replies.

PattyR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Sunshine State, USA
Wow! These Vortex cartos are great!!

Got my shipment out of the mailbox about an hour ago and practically ran to the house to fill one and fire it up :)

Short summary: screwed on the adapter, pulled off the soft mouthpiece, filled the chamber with Mountain Rift, put a drip tip on the tube, screwed the Vortex on my Ego, took a long vape, and am in vaping heaven :) I've been back-to-back vaping for about half an hour now and every drag is as good as the one before. So far, no dry spots, no leaks, no cracks - nothing to interfere with the nice, warm, flavorful vape.

To paraphrase what's-his-name, "WINNER!!" :D

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I have a word for these - ELEGANT - you simply fill and vape...no issues, no modding.

And I actually love the fact that the mouthpiece is a little bit looser. Its not like fly off loose, it is still very very solid, the beta were more snug yes but were harder to press back in to re-cap (nor majorly but I actually LOVE the fact that these a a tad looser)...if you liek to stick thesein your pocket th eonly pocket I might vene be worried aobut is a tight pair of jeans, in which you shouldn't slip cartos in any way : )

But the mouthpiece is almost as satisfactory for me as the unit itself...loving it.

Wow! These Vortex cartos are great!!

Got my shipment out of the mailbox about an hour ago and practically ran to the house to fill one and fire it up :)

Short summary: screwed on the adapter, pulled off the soft mouthpiece, filled the chamber with Mountain Rift, put a drip tip on the tube, screwed the Vortex on my Ego, took a long vape, and am in vaping heaven :) I've been back-to-back vaping for about half an hour now and every drag is as good as the one before. So far, no dry spots, no leaks, no cracks - nothing to interfere with the nice, warm, flavorful vape.

To paraphrase what's-his-name, "WINNER!!" :D

roflmao your review almost exactly like mine .... i read this and was wondering if i wrote it lolololol tooo weird :) vape on

just got mine too love them. i also tested to see how quick the juice makes it to the coil and you can vape immediately, no waiting for the juice to settle.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I have these Vortex cartos, and my impressions are decent vapor, great flavor, very easy fill, and overall good stuff.

However, I have no idea why they tend to leak out the battery connection end. A few of them have done this and I'm baffled. At first I thought it was because maybe when I dripped the juice in the dropper was pushing the center tube to the side and misaligning something. But then I used a syringe and just dripped directly in touching none of the sides, and let it sit...then a few minutes later there is a pool of juice under it. What the hell?

So i clear out the juice in the middle and start using it, then when I detach it and let it sit for a while again there is sometimes another pool of juice under it. Now they're not emptying completely mind you, but theres a few drops leaking out and its very frustrating, because other than that I love them, but this one issue is huge for me. With the drip tips nothing leaks out the top which is great.

Has any else had this problem ,or know why it happens? Also I noticed they said the next batch will have no AFL or something, what is this?

Great product, needs a couple adjustments which I saw they are making, but didn't see the mention of bottom end leaking. Hrm..

Oh and by the way, does anyone get a burnt taste with a fully charged battery (4.2volts) ? I thought 2.8-3.0 would have been better for the model that this unit was designed for. Does lower ohm = more vapor but hotter?

Last edited:

bail804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Advance, NC
Just got mine today. I have only used one so far. The only thing I can say is; after 16 months of vaping, this is the FIRST delivery system that really...and I mean really works. Easy to fill, just plug and play. Great vapor prouction. I don't see the need for a drip tip as the mouth piece is very comfortable and it does not get hot on the lips. This is what the industry has been needing. Simple to use and fantastic results. I have not had any leaking issues, but again I have only used one. I don't care if I only get a few days out of it. This is what it should be like...fill and vape. Consistant Vape! I just hope the one I opened first is not a fluke!!! If it's not this will be my one and only choice! GotVapes hit a home run with the Vortex!!!!!!!!!

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
And I actually love the fact that the mouthpiece is a little bit looser. Its not like fly off loose, it is still very very solid, the beta were more snug yes but were harder to press back in to re-cap (nor majorly but I actually LOVE the fact that these a a tad looser)...if you liek to stick thesein your pocket th eonly pocket I might vene be worried aobut is a tight pair of jeans, in which you shouldn't slip cartos in any way : )

But the mouthpiece is almost as satisfactory for me as the unit itself...loving it.

Received mine today and giving them a test run. So far, I feel positive overall about them EXCEPT for the loose cap. It's already popped off on me several times in my pocket and my mouth. And no, not tight jeans. I hope I don't swallow the thing!

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
You guys are killing me with all the great reviews!!! Atleast I have good reading with all these posts!!!

To clarify this is the only part of the post I like.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you.... if not worse being in Canada and wondering if mine are going to make it past customs.

DarwinUser

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
New York
Loose tip issue is being reported as one of the major issue for Vortex, but definitely something that can be remedied by replacing it with a drip-tip. As you mentioned, even drip-tips can be a little loose depending on the Vortex unit being used (maybe slightly different tubing size or depends on the juice being used). Maybe if they add threading to rubber-tips, loose-tip issue will be resolved.

richham3

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Taylor, Michigan
(sniff sniff) postmaster didnt bring mine today! Tomorrow will be day 5 and I am not wanting to waste my juice filling a new blank carto!!!

You guys are killing me with all the great reviews!!! Atleast I have good reading with all these posts!!!

I'm in the same position as you. I checked tracking this morning and there has not been any activity since processing in NY on Tuesday. Some juice orders I placed on Tuesday from another vendor first class show they are out for delivery today. Naturally the package I'm waiting for has disappeared into a USPS black hole.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Can't tell from the pic Gummy... how does the juice get from the tank into the Vortex outer tube?

It works the same as my CE2 mods for a tank. You just drill a small hole in the side wall so that the juice from the tank can get to the inside of the tube. In this case about 1/2 way up the side of the Vortex.

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
It works the same as my CE2 mods for a tank. You just drill a small hole in the side wall so that the juice from the tank can get to the inside of the tube. In this case about 1/2 way up the side of the Vortex.

I assumed as much... just couldn't discern it from the pic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread