First Saphire issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
was working great for me until I decided to pull off the mouthpiece to look at something, I guess it was kinda my fault, I pulled on the mouthpiece and the whole tube came off pouring liquid all over me. Let that be a lesson to make sure you are holding the tube if you are going to pull the mouthpiece off.

Then i realized you have to align it just right to put the tube back on, how do I know if I get it right? I eyeballed it and it seems to be right, but will it not go all the way in if you get it wrong?

anyway, aside from having to get all the oil off my clothes, it seems to be drawing harder now, did I do something wrong?

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
From my experience with them as long as the slot in the wick holder is lined up with the air slot in the carto that's all you really have to worry about. I use the view window on the air tube side to line the carto body up with the cut in the wick holder. It might take several attempts to get it just right.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Its still working, but definitely much harder to draw through now

Blow it out from both ends with a paper towel over the opposite end.

Also, there is a small air hole on the battery connector flange. Try taking a pin or a needle and poking it in the hole. This lets in more air when you take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread