The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vortex = Great Vape :-)

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by PattyR, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. intriqken

intriqken Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    I've noticed the leaking as well....filled a Vortex and set it on my desk last night and this morning between a quarter and a half of the liquid had leaked out from the battery end onto my table.
    I tried this Vortex on my 5V passthru for only a few puffs so I am wondering if the 5V is just too much for the adhesive they use to seal the bottom.

2. Gummy Bear

Gummy Bear Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    That sound about right because @ 4.5v I could see the coil glowing.
    Bad already told us that they were NOT made for over 4.2v.

3. dannoman

dannoman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    This very well may be...these are designed for an eGo/VGO actually and is what they are tested on. 5V as we have said is not recommended for these...

4. intriqken

intriqken Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Yep.....lost my tip in the toilet the 3rd time it slipped off. I just put a drip tip on the Vortex and it works perfectly.

5. Gummy Bear

Gummy Bear Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2010
    orlando fl
    Oh that was you? here you go.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/183516-vortex-drip-tip.html#post3106291

Anyway, I did find one in the pack that leaks too. (not to bad, but enough to be a problem)
    It is not where the outer tube is pressed onto the connector. It is leaking down through the center pin of the connector.
    How ever the juice gets down to the wick seems to be working a bit too well.

This may turn out to be the doom of them. After all the juice has to be able to get from the upper chamber down to the wick but, what tells it when to stop wicking? If your using it then perhaps you will use the juice as fast as it seeps down but then, when it just sits there (over night). It seems that they all seep some juice out the bottom overnight or when idling for several hours.

6. Krispers

Krispers ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Honestly tho Mine which i got at noon has been sitting on the desk and not a speck of juice has gone down so it must stop pulling when the wick is drenched

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.