Vortex = Great Vape :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
I've noticed the leaking as well....filled a Vortex and set it on my desk last night and this morning between a quarter and a half of the liquid had leaked out from the battery end onto my table.
I tried this Vortex on my 5V passthru for only a few puffs so I am wondering if the 5V is just too much for the adhesive they use to seal the bottom.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
This very well may be...these are designed for an eGo/VGO actually and is what they are tested on. 5V as we have said is not recommended for these...

I've noticed the leaking as well....filled a Vortex and set it on my desk last night and this morning between a quarter and a half of the liquid had leaked out from the battery end onto my table.
I tried this Vortex on my 5V passthru for only a few puffs so I am wondering if the 5V is just too much for the adhesive they use to seal the bottom.

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
I got mine today also and like everything but the loose mouth piece... Even my drip tips are all a little loose but ALOT better than using it stock..

Vaper production is good, and flavor is great.. It needs minor tweaking by manufacturer and they will be best of the best..

Anyone else experience loose drip tips?

Yep.....lost my tip in the toilet the 3rd time it slipped off. I just put a drip tip on the Vortex and it works perfectly.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Oh that was you? here you go.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/183516-vortex-drip-tip.html#post3106291

Anyway, I did find one in the pack that leaks too. (not to bad, but enough to be a problem)
It is not where the outer tube is pressed onto the connector. It is leaking down through the center pin of the connector.
How ever the juice gets down to the wick seems to be working a bit too well.

This may turn out to be the doom of them. After all the juice has to be able to get from the upper chamber down to the wick but, what tells it when to stop wicking? If your using it then perhaps you will use the juice as fast as it seeps down but then, when it just sits there (over night). It seems that they all seep some juice out the bottom overnight or when idling for several hours.

Last edited:

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Oh that was you? here you go.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/183516-vortex-drip-tip.html#post3106291

Anyway, I did find one in the pack that leaks too. (not to bad, but enough to be a problem)
It is not where the outer tube is pressed onto the connector. It is leaking down through the center pin of the connector.
How ever the juice gets down to the wick seems to be working a bit too well.

This may turn out to be the doom of them. After all the juice has to be able to get from the upper chamber down to the wick but, what tells it when to stop wicking? If your using it then perhaps you will use the juice as fast as it seeps down but then, when it just sits there (over night). It seems that they all seep some juice out the bottom overnight or when idling for several hours.
Honestly tho Mine which i got at noon has been sitting on the desk and not a speck of juice has gone down so it must stop pulling when the wick is drenched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread