Do the XL's affect quality (Royalsmokers c e2 r4) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill67

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
n/a
I would like to know what people them think of the differences in the Royalsmokers e2 r4 XL and the regular sized ce2 r4 -for the 510 Mega- other than size (if there are any at all ). I can't imagine there would be a difference in vape quality or wicking issues but then I've never tried these particular cartos.

I'm using 510 clearomisers at 2.8-3.0ohms vaping strawberry shortcake in one and chocolate fudge Bavarian cream in another and regularly I get a burnt taste, I was wondering if this is common at this ohms?

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
There are lots of reasons why one can get a 'burnt' taste on these. There are also other 'off tastes'. I doubt yours is due to the ohm level, that's a fairly safe ohm level.

That leaves the wicks getting pinced, short wicks, etc (more common w/ the XL size. When the wicks are dry you can pull the slack on them so both wicks reach the bottom. Only when dry, they'll break otherwise).

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
If you use 3.7v batteries, you should use the highest ohm cartomizers (3.0ohm->3.2ohm) otherwise they burn easily.

If you use 100% VG juice, you may need to thin the juice down a bit using water or PG. I've found that the CE2's gunk up easily when thick juice is used.

I use the XL size and have no issues with wicking, however I vape PG70:VG30 juice.

Dill67

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
n/a
Thanks for the advice turbo, I'll give that a try. Is cleaning these a problem, I only ask because I haven't seen many videos or info on the XL's specifically and was wondering if soaking them in hot water would be enough or taking the outer shell off is possible. The clearomisers are very easy to put back together again as you can line up the parts inside visibly, is this even possible with the black XL's ?

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Thanks for the advice turbo, I'll give that a try. Is cleaning these a problem, I only ask because I haven't seen many videos or info on the XL's specifically and was wondering if soaking them in hot water would be enough or taking the outer shell off is possible. The clearomisers are very easy to put back together again as you can line up the parts inside visibly, is this even possible with the black XL's ?

You can clean the black (steel) XL's but can't take them apart in the sense you can a clear one. One thing you can do is make your own w/ a 3ml syringe (Kendall monoject, Terumo, BD). A small pipe cutter is all you need.

I'd try them as is, after cleaning, and decide for yourself. The syringe mod is all I use, made from the steel CE2.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Can I ask how you clean the normal ones then and also is it effective?

You could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers to that, but I use Vodka and then dry burn them. I clean my syringe mods much like the people do the stock clears; take apart, rinse under water, pat wicks dry, and dry burn.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I have heard that the reg size Microcigs carto's wick better than their XL's. All I've ever used is the XL's. It's been so long now I can hardly remember what I did. I know for a while, I was loading two XL's on two different color Riva batts, and alternating between the two. Thus allowing a longer dwell time for the wick to catch up. Then I discovered that holding the PV horizontal, or even batt high, (battery higher than mouthpiece), helped the wick considerable. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread