classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I like to eat bean burritos from Taco Bell and then get a good vape afterwards. This leads to a plaque of stewed beans with a component of taco sauce mixed with old lip skin that accumulates on my tip.

This is most beneficial when sitting in on a long lecture or going for extended air travel.. No vaping allowed, yet peeling off the residue and chewing it like jerky, or sometimes placing it under the tongue for prolonged, savory enjoyment gets me through every time.

Why clean and wash all that goodness down the drain? Keep it for emergencies. You never know, right?

Too gross ! EEEEeeewww !!

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Yes I clean them, I soak them in a cup of water for awhile then rinse well with water - along with condoms too that I reuse. Sometimes when I am cleaning off my mods and stuff I will also wipe them clean too. I use a little bit of hydrogen peroxide on a paper towel to wipe down mods, cartos and drip tips when they are dirty or greasy from juice. Makes everything shiny, takes away the greasiness, and it also cleans and is anti-bacterial.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
Every evening I take a shot glass, fill it with vodka, drink it, fill it up again and drop my drip tip in it and rinse it out every morning. Then I fill a coffee cup...oh, never mind.

I get it! Danged vodka ... goes bad just when you least expect it, so it's always a good idea to "check it" before you use it for cleaning nasty ol' tips. :) Yeppers!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I clean drips every day while filling cartos. I just swab them out with a Q-Tip. Once a week or so I wash them under warm water with anti-bacterial dishwashing soap.

There doesn't seem to be a standardized bore size for drips. I only have two. One is a nickle plated brass straight and the other is solid aluminum in the baby bottle nipple shape. The straight drip tip has the wider bore and is my favorite. It draws better than the other and is a better fit for the Q-tips.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
In addition to outside contamination remember that both propylene glycol USP and glycerine USP are compounds that provide the backbone of amino acids. Given time and the right conditions including introduced bacteria these chemicals will grow stuff. Best to clean drip tips often. I don't use a carto longer than 10-14 days for the same reason.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
So far, all I have is a black delrin. I've been wiping out the gunk with a rolled up paper towel. Was thinking of getting some pipe cleaners, but q-tips are better and I have some.... I'm about to try to clean out my first carto, so I will do the tip at the same time. Who the heck knows what is in there if you can't see through it.... ewwww...

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I would not deign to participate in such drudgery myself, as it does not befit a man of my station; however, my attendants regularly clean my drip tips by soaking in the highest-quality Corinthian wine. The diamond ones do not attract filth easily, but the emerald & ruby tips seem to become dirty more swiftly for some reason. To tell the truth, the Provincials typically offer drip tips within their monthly Tribute, so I usually throw older ones away before cleanliness can become a serious issue.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
No problems with O-rings with using the method described in post #27 for several months. A little juice on the O-rings after cleaning will provided some lubrication, reducing wear.

I'd hesitate before using bleach as it is quite caustic and may damage O-rings (and you, if not completely rinsed off). I have full confidence in the properties of anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid for this purpose. If that doesn't kill the bugs well enough for your satisfaction I'd recommend using a rubbing alcohol rinse followed by a final and thorough rinse in clear water. Keep in mind that I do not know what what material the O-rings you use are made of. Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol and water) can break down some plastics and rubber.

As others suggest, a high proof liqueur may make a more sensible substitute for rubbing alcohol. I've got some 92 proof Sailor Jerry's rum that might do nicely for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread