Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
The "Crave A Cigarette" thread got me wondering......

How many of us plan to give up vaping someday? I know most of us took up vaping to fight our smoking addictions but how many actually WANT to give up their vapes?

I know a few people who have given it up after a period of time but I really don't think I will. I enjoy vaping. I've whittled myself down to 6mg nic and I'm comfortable there. I'm not hurting anybody by doing it and there are times it keeps me from strangling people.

So what about you?

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I love vaping and have my nic down to 4.5-6. I am comfortable there myself. My wife couldn't care less about my vaping, but wished I didn't do that either. She was one of the rare ones who quit cold turkey. I figure as long as I am getting enjoyment from it and it's not hurting anyone nor myself, I'll continue.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I mean I can go without it easily, but I feel naked without having a mod in my hand. I don't vape because I need nicotine and I don't vape because I crave cigarettes. I don't vape for flavors. I do it to have it in my hand since that's harder to break than anything else.

Maybe I should get one of those fidget spinner things. That might help not having a mod with me :lol:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I've come close a couple of times recently. I even sold off about $5k worth of gear the last couple of months with the intention of getting down to just a couple of mods and then quitting altogether. Since then, I've purchased a half dozen new mods, lol. I'm probably in it for the stupid gear as much as I am the actual vaping.

I have no doubt that when the mood finally strikes to quit, I'll have no problem with it.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When I started vaping my intent was and still is to at some point quit vaping.
I hoped it would take a year or two at most, weaned down from mid 30's nic to 4mg/ml nic so far. Every time I try 0 or 2 mg/ml nic my e liquid consumption goes way up. Guess it will just take more time.

Just me, I look forward with great anticipation being unencumbered from vaping & all the stuff that goes with it.

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
I'm 63 & smoked a PAD+ for 46 years, so not likely... :D

^^this^^
I'm 66 and smoked about the same amount for 47 yrs. Still feel like I'd immediately smoke again if I couldn't vape and it's been over three years since I've had a cigarette.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
The only way I would even consider quitting the vape will be when somebody, anybody can verify a known and serious health risk associated with vaping. So far, "it contains nicotine" and "we don't know the long term effects" do not even warrant making that list.....a list that now stands at zero in my book.

JMHO and vape on! :vapor: :vapor: :vapor: :vapor: :vapor:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yes I plan to quit. I have quit twice now, and each time learned from my failures and done better the next time

I'm hoping the next time i quit vaping it will be a permanent condition - but if it's not I hope I will again learn even more.. :) to make the following time permanent.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I mean I can go without it easily, but I feel naked without having a mod in my hand. I don't vape because I need nicotine and I don't vape because I crave cigarettes. I don't vape for flavors. I do it to have it in my hand since that's harder to break than anything else.

Maybe I should get one of those fidget spinner things. That might help not having a mod with me :lol:
I like the Fidget Cubes better myself, I keep one in my car to avoid constantly grabbing my mod (or phone!) while driving around for work all day.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I know I want to quit someday. I've got myself down to 3mg nic juice after starting at 24, so I know it is possible. 2 years and 8 months to get to this point, so if I have to go another year or so to quit, I'm ok with that.

Strange enough, I do find myself leaving my mod here and there a lot more since I dropped the nic to 3. That didn't happen so much at 6 or higher. Either i'm getting less dependent on nic or I'm just getting more forgetful!

Being as i'm finding vaping more of a pain in the buttocks now, I would say I am on the path to quit everything concerning vaping, I'm also convinced NOTHING could turn me back to smoking now.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
No plans to quit. I smoked over 40 years so I am old already. Maybe if I was younger. I may try switching to unflavored though. Only because even vaping flavored liquids leaves a smell in my house.

Smell that? You smell that? Cinnamon Custard son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Cinnamon Custard in the morning. You know, one time we had 5 people vapin' Cinnamon Custard, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I looked around. We didn’t find one stinkie anywhere. The smell, you know that sweet cinnamon smell, the whole house. Smelled like… Victory. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread