Do you plan to quit someday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
i tried to quit smoking many times during the 41 years of my 1½ PAD habit. Since I switched to vaping over 9 years ago, never once have I tried to quit vaping, or even thought about. So no, I don't plan on quitting vaping.
The FDA may force me to, but it will be some years down the road before the blockade starves me out. I'm pretty sure I won't go back to cigs tho.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I not only have no intention to quit vaping, I'm finding that even lowering my nicotine isn't working. I actually was down to 18mg using my 11 watt high ohm Innokin VV v3 set up when I pretty much had to change up when replacements left the market. So I'm now at 40w sub ohm temp control and when I logically went down first to 14mg all that happened was chain vaping more. So I'm still at ~16mg.

I'm stocked up now for longer than I have any expectation to live, with batteries and flavors being the only consumables I'll need. I physically can't make coils (the reason I had to switch when I did was that I couldn't/cant hold onto a lit cigarette) so I am still stocking up on coils just in case I did underestimate how many I'll need.

I smoked for 42 years, started when I was 14. The last 20 or so years I smoked a pipe. I enjoyed every single puff. I got to a point that I had no spare lung capacity to lose. The doctor said quit or go on Oxygen. I took option C and started vaping, two weeks later quit tobacco altogether. That was more than 5 years ago, no tobacco since then. It took me a while to find e-juices that I liked. Being a die hard smoker, candy and fruit flavors weren't for me. I am back to where I was, I enjoy every puff, I can vape while I work and absolutely have no plan to quit. If vaping becomes illegal or too expensive, I go back to smoking pipe and get me an Oxygen generator.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Hello fellow vapers.
Here is a topic I was thinking of lately and I wanted to ask your opinion/plans.

Generally speaking, e-cigs were invented in order to help smokers switch from smoking regular cigs to something much less harmful and eventually help people quit this (one of the worst) habit of smoking / adding nicotine to your system.

Ideal plan was to give a smoker something similar (as a process) with enough nicotine to satisfy his needs but without all that sh@t that cigs contain.
After some time this ex-smoker was suppose to start lowering amounts of nicotine in his e-juice up until he is OK with 0 mg. nic vaping.
And eventually quit vaping as well, eliminating the habit.

In reality, I'd say about 80% of ex-smokers who became vapers don't even plan to quit vaping, they have their preferred nic. level and they keep on vaping it year after year being happy about it.

So what's your opinion on that? Do you also plan to keep on vaping or you might quit it in the future?
I don't plan to quit vaping because I love vaping, and I see no harm in it. As you mentioned, nicotine divorced from burning plant matter and "all that sh@t that cigs contain" is a mild stimulant with effects similar to caffeine. I'm addicted to caffeine too, with no plans to quit, to need to quit, because I love coffee, the way it smells, the way it tastes, how it slowly and gently expands your awakeness.

Vaping, as did smoking, blurs a sense of worry I always seem to carry around, for reasons unknown to me. I wake up worried, always have, with a sense of dread about mistakes I'll make, people I'll hurt, people who will hurt me, stuff happening in the world, buildings blowing up. Vaping does what smoking did, which is to somehow balance out my thinking and suppress the constant worry.

I also love having a relatively new and very useful industry in this country, which provides jobs, outlets for creativity and innovation. Love having beautiful equipment, trusted sellers, trusted liquids, friendly vape sellers, and vaping friends. We all need to think of things to do for ourselves, like having vape parties only for our vaping peeps. Something like that.

We also have to stay active through CASAA, if not by converging on the hall of Congress. I feel a sense of giving up when I read the forums lately. I'm not ready to give up yet, even though our elected so-called leaders are never on our side, never really interested in human health, and are buffoons and trained monkeys mounting soapboxes, indicating their erections by making harsh nasty laws, all the while greeting us jovially with that middle finger raised.

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
I quit smoking cigs over 5 years ago and started vaping. I went from 2 packs a day to chain vaping and I have no plans to quit vaping. I started at 18 mg nic on the pen style devices. After 5 years I'm still using the Istick 30 and 40 watt mods with the Aspire Nautilus tanks and have dropped to 6 mg nicotine. It's all I need to keep me sane. Never want to go back to smoking and I'm trying to convince my daughter to vape instead of smoke.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If vaping becomes illegal or too expensive, I go back to smoking pipe and get me an Oxygen generator.
Too expensive: It's pretty straightforward to prevent that from happening.

Illegal? Seems unlikely, but if so, I'll be an outlaw.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    that bottle in the freezer is liquid gold
    willread-300x236.jpg

- And for the youngest daughter, the only one I truly loved, I leave a Gallon of 99% Liquid Nicotine in the freezer. Use it wisely, my child! (c)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Quit vaping after I've just stockpiled for armageddon? :facepalm:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I do plan on very slowly tapering my nic strength use, while maintaining my daily juice consumption. And perhaps, eventually, I'll vape 0 nic juice. But I'm not even thinking about that at all, I'd just like to reduce my nic strength.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Quit vaping after I've just stockpiled for armageddon?

Imagine in a 1000 years, alien mission is landing on Earth (destroyed by the WW3), starting to explore what's left. What are they going to think when they'll find the skeletons with their favorite mods in hand and vape gear/nic/vg/pg stocks in every 2nd house in the US?
    They'll think that vaping was the cause ... :unsure:

Last edited:
    Reactions: DaveP

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Eventually, my whole goal of quitting smoking and drinking was to get healthy again. Vaping is great for stress but it's still not accomplishing the goal. Funny though, I can go all day without it and not miss it so quitting won't be that hard.
    its 1:00am Sunday here, Im having my first vape since about 2:00am Saturday.
    I forgot to sit down and have a vape during the day. I just got busy with gardens and with dogs at the beach all day.
    When I was smoking there was no way I could accidentally forget to have a cigarette for 23hrs.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    When I was smoking there was no way I could accidentally forget to have a cigarette for 23hrs.

Well, we can't have that, confiscate that vape, move you back to combustible tobacco, get you back to paying taxes like a good citizen and never dare stray again.

Reactions: Jebbn

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Well, we can't have that, confiscate that vape, move you back to combustible tobacco, get you back to paying taxes like a good citizen and never dare stray again.
    Aussie tobacco taxes are so high that hardly anyone can afford to smoke there!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread