Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
DrZanis - wow I never would of imagined such a high percentage of 0 nic. Information like this needs to be expanded and submitted to the FDA

Yes - and there is another factor to consider, as well. Of all the groups of users most likely to complete a total cessation of smoking of any kind, including ecigarette use, it would seem logical that those who have ramped down to zero-nic are the most likely to cease usage.

Therefore in any poll of zero-nic users, we ought to consider the possibility that that there are (were) more, who have quit completely, and no longer use an ecig, and who no longer visit ecig websites and fill out polls. The number might well be larger for this reason, as there is no way to measure those who stopped totally.

As regards submitting this infromation to the FDA, I think it a waste of effort. Their agenda is to kill ecigs of any form except the 0.1% that might manage to succeed eventually in pharmaceutical licensing. There is only one option acceptable to them and no amount of protest will make any difference - pressure needs applying in other quarters. This information is best addressed to others.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
I thought I'd add my voice to the crowd and say that although I reduced myself to 0 nic over a period of five days, I have no intention of giving up the e-cig. I smoked because I loved the act of smoking (the whole process). Now I vape because I love the act of vaping. It's comforting to have an enjoyable ritual behavior, and I honestly believe the physical addiction and the behavior are two separate things, each of which is quite powerful. I've given up my addiction, but kept my obsession. :D

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
^^^That's pretty much how I feel.

I stopped tobacco and nicotine the same day. I wanted to quit; period. But I knew that I was doomed to failure and got my ecig, knowing that I could satisfy my hand to mouth urge while I detoxed from the nicotine. It was hard, but having a draw, release and vapor really helped.

So, I've only ever vaped 0 nic and I don't plan to ever give up vaping, unless it somehow got as expensive as analogs. Right now, I'm at the 25 to 30 dollar a month range for blanks and juice. You can't go wrong there.

So the FDA needs to know that this absolutely can be a smoking AND/OR nicotine cessation device. Weaning, for my type of personality, is just prolonging the agony.

West Florida Vapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
^^^That's pretty much how I feel.

I stopped tobacco and nicotine the same day. I wanted to quit; period. But I knew that I was doomed to failure and got my ecig, knowing that I could satisfy my hand to mouth urge while I detoxed from the nicotine. It was hard, but having a draw, release and vapor really helped.

So, I've only ever vaped 0 nic and I don't plan to ever give up vaping, unless it somehow got as expensive as analogs. Right now, I'm at the 25 to 30 dollar a month range for blanks and juice. You can't go wrong there.

So the FDA needs to know that this absolutely can be a smoking AND/OR nicotine cessation device. Weaning, for my type of personality, is just prolonging the agony.

Well written :)

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I made the mistake of buying some nicotine "enhanced" juice at 0 nicotine. It has vitamins in it and it is foul.
Tastes like medicine.
I don't know what I was thinking when I bought 30ml of it. I just may throw it out because I wouldn't wish this stuff on anybody.
Unless.....?
I mean it's naaaaassstEEEE

I had every intention of enjoying 0 nic. I'll try again later once I get over the trauma.

MitchW

Jul 1, 2010
Gardena CA
I have never tried 0 nic. I keep on hand from 10mg all the way to 25mg. I use the nic level depending on how I feel. In the mornings I usually want a higher nic level. At some point I may go to 0 nic but do not feel comfortable doing that yet.

Smoke free for 7 months

I start out at 24mg to get my morning fix and then move down to 18 and then 16 but 16 is a bit too weak for me. When my DIY supplies get here I'm going to make up a supply of flavored 0nic that I hope i get used to for my "Inbetween" vaping.:closedeyes:

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
I started at 36mg and went down from there. I do lot of PIFing and I have noticed that my favorites are very low nicotine and the high liquids and cartos just make me hiccup all the time, the same thing that the lozenges and gum used to do to me. If I stay low and 0mg I am much more likely to continue vaping. So I only do 18mg and under in very stressfull situations and when I am at home just vegging I only vape 0-8mg depending on how I am feeling, I just made alot of 0mg juice and am really enjoying myself, now. No heartburn or hiccups to speak of.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
Some of us were more addicted to the habit/ritual than we were to the nicotine. Vaping 0 nic is what keeps me from going back to analogs. I'd say that's a pretty good point! :)

I'll second this. It was zero nic that set me free and it's zero nic that keeps me free. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread