Status
Not open for further replies.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Been dripping ever since I started vaping. Tried cartos (blech), vivi tanks (no flavor and I can't commit to a juice for that long), and more recently, an IGO-L RBA.

I love the looks and concept behind the RDA's but I just can't get into the flavor. I can build a solid 1.5 Ohm coil on the IGO-L all day long, but it just doesn't hold the flavor like a plain ol' throw-away 510 (or 901). Flavor is great at first, but after vaping, say, 3mL on the coil, the flavor is gone and I'm basically getting the taste of pure VG/PG.

I'd love to move on to using the IGO-L exclusively as I recently tied onto a Super T ELA mech that just screams for a nice low-Ohm coil build. Until I get the flavor issue solved, ready-made 510's and a kick are where I'm at.

Any ideas on the IGO-L????

I'm using a natural undyed, unwaxed, un bleached 12 ply 2mm hemp wicj and it's working great for me...
There's a whole thread here called Just Hemp that tells you everything you want to know...

I did boil it for about 18 hours and changed the water twice, but it's a great wick for an IGO-L

I'm using a natural undyed, unwaxed, un bleached 12 ply 2mm hemp wicj and it's working great for me...
There's a whole thread here called Just Hemp that tells you everything you want to know...

I did boil it for about 18 hours and changed the water twice, but it's a great wick for an IGO-L

I'm sure that's great, but honestly that just sounds like a huge pain in the ... for me. I could just drip instead.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I have tried pretty much everything. For the longest time I was "hooked" on dual coil cartos. I now drip exclusively. The flavor cant be replicated IMO. E-liquid seems to last MUCH longer too! I am not even a fan of RDA's. Its gotta be a 510 no bridge from either Avid Vaper or Empire Mods. I am scared to try attys from other companies. Though I'm open to suggestions.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html this thread is well worth a visit for ideas and suggestions about new attys to try. It's actually a really good read - yes all 110 pages of it.

For what it's worth, I use the Vapage 1.5 slant coil hybrid atty http://www.vapage.com/AMG_Hybrid_Bottom_Feeder_2_pack_p/vpa-046-050.htm They are $18 for 2 - but Vapage often have a 50% sale, so that makes them 4.50 each, which is outstanding value IMHO.

I recently got some 510 LR Kidney puncher long barrel from the classys, which are great too.

Both give excellent flavor and vapor on both my VMOD bottom feed and as a regular dripper.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
qhb.gif

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html this thread is well worth a visit for ideas and suggestions about new attys to try. It's actually a really good read - yes all 110 pages of it.

For what it's worth, I use the Vapage 1.5 slant coil hybrid atty AMG Hybrid Bottom Feeder (2-pack) They are $18 for 2 - but Vapage often have a 50% sale, so that makes them 4.50 each, which is outstanding value IMHO.

I recently got some 510 LR Kidney puncher long barrel from the classys, which are great too.

Both give excellent flavor and vapor on both my VMOD bottom feed and as a regular dripper.
I have been interested in trying the vapage slant coil. I believe this is a newer design from them? Their regular attys I did not like.

I saw the KP too. Roughly how many times to they wrap their coil? Are they comparable to the slant coil or does it look like fewer wraps?

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
I didn't read every post in this thread, so sorry if this was already brought up. There was a poll done last year on what juice delivery method is preferred by people. It's dripping for about 22% of the people who responded.

Not too surprizing...
It's truly hard to beat the pure flavor, and throat hit produced by bare coil dripping on a good low res (1.5-1.7 ohm) 306 or good 510 atty...
even on a plain old stick battery...

RBAs like the IGO-L TRY to replicate the experience and add juice capacity at the came time, but that requires some sort of wicking material, and that mutes the flavor... It can however, produce huge clouds of vapor...

But vapor production is not what true dripping aficionados are really looking for...

The only thing I've heard about that comes close, (and I have not yet experienced this myself) is a perfectly built ceramic or SS mesh, well broken in coil, on a genesis style RBA...

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I thought it prudent to learn about RDA's because of not knowing what deeming regs will do to us. However IMO nothing, absolutely nothing, is as good as an old fashioned dripping atty.

There are just about as many different atomizers as there are flavors of juice. So who knows which one a person might like best, and the only way a person will find out is to try them. My favorite is a Joyetech LR 510-T with the wick plate removed.

side note:
    Here it is 9am, and I just dripped some "Buttered popcorn", within 5 minutes my wife stuck a bag of popcorn in the microwave :lol:
    How's that for the power of suggestion

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2009
    Austin, TX
    www.ValueVapor.com
    ever since i got my genesis rba.. no friggin way, im way too comfy now. Haven't had to rewick it for months, maintenance free vaping 4tw!

I have a Trident, and RDA, and a DID v2 mini all coming from fasttech as we speak...
    AND I STILL haven't found the time to build my AGA-T+

I gotta find the time to do that... Maybe sometime this weekend :D

Apparently Necessary Disclaimer: The items, and vendor mentioned above, were purchased for my personal use, and in no way sold by or affiliated with my business interests...

adamack

Aug 10, 2013
    NJ, USA
    I have tried pretty much everything. For the longest time I was "hooked" on dual coil cartos. I now drip exclusively. The flavor cant be replicated IMO. E-liquid seems to last MUCH longer too! I am not even a fan of RDA's. Its gotta be a 510 no bridge from either Avid Vaper or Empire Mods. I am scared to try attys from other companies. Though I'm open to suggestions.

Just a few questions if you don't mind, as I'm still a newb:

1. What are the benefits of a 510 without a bridge? Can I remove the bridge from my 510 myself, or is it easier/better to buy bridgeless?

2. Is "direct dripping" the same thing as dripping right onto your atty coil?

3. Whereabouts in Jersey are you? Just curious because if you are from SJ, I wanted to see if you knew of any good brick and mortar vaping shops!

Thanks so much in advance!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    1. What are the benefits of a 510 without a bridge?
    Ummmm, it holds less juice?

Oh, you said benefits, sorry about that.
    ;)

Personally, I have never tried a bridgeless atomizer, because I don't really see the need to.
    I would like to hear some honest opinions from people who have extensive experience with and without the bridge.

2. Is "direct dripping" the same thing as dripping right onto your atty coil?
    Yes, or dripping right on the bridge, if you have one.
    :D

InTheShade

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    I have been interested in trying the vapage slant coil. I believe this is a newer design from them? Their regular attys I did not like.

I saw the KP too. Roughly how many times to they wrap their coil? Are they comparable to the slant coil or does it look like fewer wraps?

When I get a chance I'll take a look, try to get some photo's and post up here 2coils...

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2009
    Austin, TX
    www.ValueVapor.com
    Personally, I have never tried a bridgeless atomizer, because I don't really see the need to.
    I would like to hear some honest opinions from people who have extensive experience with and without the bridge.

I've been direct dripping since 2009. Before there were even Drip tips. I had a callous on my lip for 2 years from stove-pipeing (vaping straight from the bare atomizer) 510s Initially I started by just dripping on the bridge mesh, then I began plucking the loose wicks between the bridge and the coil before I dripped... Eventually I started removing the bridge mesh and bridge entirely and dripped directly on the bare coil...

I removed the mesh and bridges from 510 attys and dripped bare coil exclusively for over 3 years. The advantage is that dripping on a bare coil removes everything between you and the flavor of the juice you're vaping.

The 3 and 4 hole so called dripping atomizers don't come close, and you can either buy them bare coil bridgless (fairly hard to find) or de-bridge them your self.

You get all the flavor of the juice with nothing in the way to taint that flavor, and great throat hit.

The mesh material you find in all commercial atomizers is a nickle foam. Suck on a clean nickle for a while and you'll get an idea of how it can affect the flavor of your vape.

My personal preference is Low Res 1.5 - 1.8(MAX) ohm 510 or 306 atomizers at 3.5 to 4.0 volts or around 8 watts

510s and 901s are very prone to flooding and leaking if over-dripped, so I now use a drip shield.
    They work great on both, but the location of the air hole on a 510 requires the addition of a 510 to 510 adapter to allow the drip shield to get the gasket below the air hole. With the drip shield, if you flood it and it it starts to gurgle, the excess juice is contained inside the shield, and a few good hard drags will pull the juice back into the atty to be vaped off...

BTW: these drip shields do have a couple of air holes in them... the holes need to be at the top when you put it on your atty :D

I have dripped 801, 901, 306, and 510 attys

I have only ever found 1 atomizer that I prefer to drip straight out of the wrapper with no modifications, but you will hae to PM me for the specifics.

I even built my own "Redneck" top dripper mod so I could safely drip and drive!
    Here it is on a fistpack Just give it a little squeeze and your good to go:

1175608_1411269465753822_550108956_n.jpg

1229813_1411269452420490_842118030_n.jpg

AND again on a lavatube:

993670_1411269485753820_1500710139_n.jpg

So yeah, I think I qualify as having extensive experience both with and without a bridge...
    :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    The mesh material you find in all commercial atomizers is a nickle foam. Suck on a clean nickle for a while and you'll get an idea of how it can affect the flavor of your vape.
    But if you remove the bridge, doesn't that still leave the same mesh material under the coil pot?
    If I am not mistaken that holds a fair amount of the juice that you will eventually be vaping.

Again, I haven't tried a bridgeless atomizer, so I am not doubting your experiences.
    But I just want to expand the conversation a little bit and let everyone learn as much as possible.
    :)

Any comment on the bridgeless atomizers holding less juice than if the bridge were still there?

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2009
    Austin, TX
    www.ValueVapor.com
    But if you remove the bridge, doesn't that still leave the same mesh material under the coil pot?
    If I am not mistaken that holds a fair amount of the juice that you will eventually be vaping.

Again, I haven't tried a bridgeless atomizer, so I am not doubting your experiences.
    But I just want to expand the conversation a little bit and let everyone learn as much as possible.

Any comment on the bridgeless atomizers holding less juice than if the bridge were still there?

As to the mesh question, yes, however the vapor is not passing through it on it's way to your mouth... Additionally, look at the way the bridge and it's mesh is attached... Only a thin piece of wicking material connect the coil to the mesh, the bridge is many times wider than the wick. So most of the juice is wicked by the bridge mesh directly into the mesh wrapped around the cup, where bridgeless gets more juice in the cup directly... Once you get the hang of it...

There is an atomizer that addresses this issue, but once again you'll have to PM me for specifics...

As for juice capacity... Yes The mesh holds juice... It takes around 8 drops to load the bridge on a new atty to the point that the coil get's saturated... It takes about 3 drops to directly fill the ceramic cup on a 510 and you're vaping!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    As to the mesh question, yes, however the vapor is not passing through it on it's way to your mouth...
    I think it is passing through, at least once you've vaped what's in the coil pot.
    Once that's gone, when you inhale you are pulling up e-liquid that is in the mesh under the coil pot.

At least, that is what I was always led to believe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread