Does anyone still buy Provari full size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I have been trying to decide between the V2.5 or the Mini but am concerned about battery life with the Mini. It seems like the vast majority of reviews, videos, photos, etc... are of the Mini vs very little of the Full Size. I wanted to post in the Provari forum but I do not get the option to post there. I do have more than 5 posts so is there some other requirement?
Thanks

robo74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Harvard, IL
I have both, purchased the full size new, and then bought the mini used. The fill size with regular battery gives me about 8 hours of heavy vaping. Heavy to me is all day at my desk. If I get busy and not vaping as much, I can get around 9 hours. Everyone's use will vary.
The nice thing is, with the full size, you can add the extended cap and get the bigger batteries. With the mini, you can add the extended cap and get the 18490 battery, the same as the full size stock. Either way, your going to want to own more then one battery, so keep them charged and swap out as needed. I dont think you will be making a bad choice with either.
my :2c:

Rob

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well I have the standard Provari and the Tatroe extension ring to use the 18650 battery. You can always get 2 Tatroe rings for the mini or the Twins, and be able to use all three size of batteries on the mini. 18350-19650. It's all about personal taste. Can't imagine using anything with a 350 though, but then again my Mech in the 490 mode without a kick is shorter than the mini Provari, looks kind of cute that way.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Right now I have a full size with extension cap and 18650 batteries. :)

I wanted to get a Mini as my back up, but my hand seemed to big, when I hold a mini in my hand not all my fingers fit :(
So I ordered some 18490 batteries and I took the extension cap off to see which one I liked better,
the ProVari Mini or the ProVari with no extension cap. I can't seem to make my mind up :blink:
So I am waiting for ProVape to get the Polished Stainless Steel ProVari's back in stock, Which ever one gets in stock first is the one I am buying, or if I can find a deal here in the ECF Classified's I will buy that one. :p

Now Battery life is I think the Big Question for you. I travel across country a lot and needed batteries to last. Some of my trips are over 20 hours of driving.
I get 2 days of Vaping out of my 18650s. I am sure that varies on the user and how much a person Vapes. The Mini's I see (my Family) their batteries (18350) last them one day. But they are always around their charger and it's no big deal to them to change batteries every morning.
I hope that helps :vapor:

sludgeroo

Aug 18, 2013
Buffalo
Puffcat, if that setup can get you a full day Vape, any provari configuration will last just as long longer. I'd go with a mini if you like it and rock 18350s then, if you notice you're vaping more, you can always pick up an extension tube to rock the 490s.

These devices also utilize the battery charge better than any 650mah battery could.

Also you'll notice that Provari only recommends AW imr batteries.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first Provari is the standand size. I use both the 18490 (1100 mAh) and the 18650 (2000 mAh) with the extension cap. It's 18 months old, and before I got my Mini 6 months ago I used it all day and carried it in my front jeans pocket. I can get about 10 hours use with the 18490, all day with the 18650 battery.

I got the Mini for easier portability due to its shorter size in 18350 (700 mAh) mode. I get 5 - 6 hours time with this battery. This has become my most used and adaptable mod. I carry a couple of 18350 spares in a plastic battery case in my pocket just in case I need them while away from home. Once I am home, I attach either the Provape extender cap to use the 18490 battery, or attach two Tatroe extender rings to use an 18650 battery.

I have several AW IMR batteries in 18350, 18490, and 18650 size. I use a Nitecore Intellicharger i4 charger which has four independent charging bays.

blue-chrome-ext.jpg Standard Provari with extension cap

Mini Provari 2.jpg IBTankedXL22.jpg Mini Provari in 18350 mode

AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg

Mini using Tatroe extension rings for 18350, 18490, & 18650 modes. Pics also show the Tatroe Mods wide base cap which is very pratical for top heavy RBA's.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I just bought the Mini, and here's why...
You can make the Mini the regular one(all the way up to the 18650 battery), but you can't make the regular one a Mini.
I will say, I was surprised at how small the Mini is.

so trying to get this straight in my mind

mini = 350 -- need ext cap to get = 490

standard = 490 -- need ext cap to get = 650

- - - -

that is the Provari basic configs ?

if you just buy a standard Provari it comes in 18490 with option to buy ext cap
which turns it into 18650

if you just buy a mini Provari it comes in 18350 with option to buy ext cap
which turns it into 18490

Provari does not sell an ext that makes the mini a 18650
(you have to go off-site for one ?)

and the standard tube size restricts you from going with smaller 18350 config

OK , got it :facepalm: (I need a nap) ;)

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
Can you use the tatroe ext rings with carto tanks? I am wanting a flush look for my standard provari with extension-18650-endcap. I am currently using a lokilab ring but I have to leave a small gap between the ring and carto tank or else it cuts off all my airflow. There has to be a way to have a flush appearance using a provari and cartotank setup??

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Can you use the tatroe ext rings with carto tanks? I am wanting a flush look for my standard provari with extension-18650-endcap. I am currently using a lokilab ring but I have to leave a small gap between the ring and carto tank or else it cuts off all my airflow. There has to be a way to have a flush appearance using a provari and cartotank setup??

I am new but I think Extension rings make the mod bigger for bigger batteries. What you want is what I think is called Beauty rings.
I can be wrong only been vaping a little over 8 weeks. I just wanted to say that because it might narrow down your search if you use the word Beauty ring instead of ext ring.

I see something that is called a ProVari HIPPO CAP (Air Flow Regulator) being sold by people but I don't know where they got them or if that's what you need.

And if you like the flush look check out this tank
View attachment 271850 View attachment 271851

Prive-special tank by Kir Fanis - Gr-Modders
This is going to be my next Tank once I get a Polished Stainless Steel ProVari.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread