Does anyone vape like they smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a little but not exactly. I do not vape in the house but, i no longer stand 15ft away from the open door. I smoked in my car when i was alone and all of the windows were down. I vape with passengers and only cracked windows. I never smoked in the garage but, will vape even if the door is down.
Ill be going on vacation in a week and im also curious how everybody else is doing with the public vaping. Ill be going to a beach resort and i think ill be able to vape on the pool chairs and at the outside bar. I would have never have thought about smoking in either place before. Has anyone been anywhere like this? What did you do?

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
I think being able to vape differently than you smoked is a big part of quitting tobacco. You have to be able to replace the smoking habit with a new vaping habit. I never smoked in the house, always going to the basement. Now I vape when I am home alone. Laws prevented me from smoking at my desk at work. Now I sit at my desk vaping away and being significantly more productive. Being able to replace all of those thing associated with smoking helps kick the tobacco habit.

I have 5 different mods on that I rotate through with different flavors at my desk in the basement. I have no issues vaping in the car, usually windows down, otherwise it gets too foggy and it messes with my vision. Public areas so far I've had no issues, I just make sure I ask if it's ok to vape in their establishment before chucking clouds.

My next move is taking my vape gear through the airport, I'm still looking at all the rules and regs for vaping and flying. Vape On!

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
I don't vape anything like I smoke, though I did at first but over time I found a more enjoyable way. Most smokers will take the smoke into their mouth then take a breathe in (mouth to lung) over time I began to take straight deep lung hits. I found I much more enjoyed the way the vapor felt filling my lungs and blowing it out through my nose and mouth. I would probably choke if I tried to do that with a cigarette. I agree with the poster above, for vaping to work it shouldn't so much be used to emulate smoking but rather delve into a completely new form of enjoyment. Which is why from day one I never got any tobacco flavours :)

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
I always smoked outside or in the garage, and in the car with the window cracked, even in winter. Now I vape in my bedroom, but I occasionally go out to the garage with it just to move a little! I think at friends' places, for now, I'll still go outside to vape....just treat it like I did when I smoked.

I do enjoy vaping straight to lung now that I'm used to it....I love menthol and mint, and am almost looking forward to how it'll be if I have a cold. LOL

Last edited:

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I've always vaped a mouthful, then to the lungs (just like real cig), but I may have to experiment with straight to lung. Quite intense with mint.

I've always felt a bit odd vaping in public, so I definitely understand your hesitation. But hey, it's your vacation, you deserve to enjoy it, right? Especially if there is smoking happening in these places, then you've definitely got a green light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I vape exactly like I smoked. I take drags just as long and just as often, if not more so because I can do it right on my couch or at my desk at work. No longer any need to sweat or freeze outside every time I need a puff. Once in a while I'll get a dirty look but then I just puff harder. So the short answer is...pretty much, yes.

Once you start messing with subohm builds and mech mods, you may want to blow the clouds outdoors. I especially started doing this because I chain vape on my mech mods at 0.5ohms. After vaping for a while, I look around my basement and it looks like I'm sitting in my own vape shop with customers vaping away lol.

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
I do more or less. I still go out for a "smoke" break at work and we vape outside at home. But that's mainly because we have a young daughter and don't want her exposed to nicotine. I still crack the window while vaping in the car but it's summer so that might change in the winter. I also don't vape in the car when my daughter is in it. Guess the main thing for me that has changed is I don't change my shirt and thoroughly wash my hands before I pick my daughter up. It's been great being off cigarettes and I think I like vaping more:).

Thanks to all for making this a great resource!!

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
I always smoked outside and in the car when I was alone. I used to follow the same rules for smoking as vaping. But now I vape in my house and car with passengers. When Im out in public I follow the same rules as when I smoked. With a couple of minor exceptions. If Im in public but im outside and want to vape I do but Im discrete about it I dont do it in the middle of a crowd or anything, I just dont go to the smoking areas all of the time.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I vape exactly like i smoked. The difference is that the first vape of the day is not accompanied by a coughing fit that makes my face red and from which it's difficult to recover in a dignified way.

I vape everywhere smoking is allowed, so in my house and car too. I don't like the smell of smoke too much, but i don't think i'm on a crusade to berate people that still do something i did for 30 years.

As for worrying about exposing kids to second-hand vape, i appreciate the caring nature of the sentiment, but it's really not backed up by the science - because even if you were giving them mouth-to-mouth, it's unlikely you'd pass on more nicotine than they could get in a tomato.

T

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape more often than I smoked, but the good part is that I don't have to worry about the vehicles or the house stinking. I'm almost never without my mod in my hand or in my pocket. I vape less in public places, but I sneak a vape here and there in stores and restaurants and vape freely in parking lots. Most of the time no one seems to notice, but there's the occasional person I see staring when I look up. It's usually a little old lady who is probably wondering what the heck that is that looks sort of like smoke but doesn't cause any odor.

I vape on vacation in the condo, in restaurants, and on the beach.

Personally, I think vaping should be done courteously every where we go. I see very few vapers anywhere outside of vape shops. The public needs to see that it's not intrusive to their space. They need to come up and ask questions. I get that here and there and most people are curious. They want to know if I was able to quit cigarettes, is it like smoking, and where is the best place to get one. That's when I get to pass out vape shop cards and write the ECF URL on the back.

It's all good if you vape with some thought for others in your space. Everyone has a relative that they want to convert from smoking to vaping. We can help them do that.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
i do NOT. only smoked in my bedroom or outside, never in a car, and usualy always outside when im at someones house.

my vaping habits are completly different. i vape EVERYWHERE, untill im told im not allowed.
vaped yesterday walking into a gas station, and still puffed while i was browsing/purchasing, only thing that came of it was i got my buzz and the store clerk just laughed at me.

personaly, i have only had one person come up to me and tell me to stop because it "still causes cancer", but that person is one of them "know it all" types.... and he was smoking a cigarette as he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread