Vaping...in Aruba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
My wife and I just got back from a week's vaca in Aruba. Took my Innokin vv3 with me (along with two 30ml bottles of juice) - no problems going through Canada/Aruba customs. I packed one juice in the check-in luggage...took the other as carry-on (in case one somehow went missing). I emptied and disassembled the iTaste and stowed it in a carrying pouch with my carry-on.

Anyways - we stayed at an all-inclusive resort that was smoke-friendly (cigs) - even in the restaurants and bars. Not many people were actually smoking, however (which is a good thing, of course) - and I noticed I was the ONLY one using an e-cig anywhere in the resort. I refrained from using it in the restaurants, though - just as a courtesy/consideration to others. I was a bit surprised to see no one else vaping anywhere in our travels, and even more surprised no one seemed to take a curious interest or ask me questions about it.

We did a fair bit of shopping in the downtown capital of Oranjestad - and I didn't notice any bricks 'n mortar vape retailers anywhere. So I'm guessing vaping is still a somewhat foreign idea to them in the Caribbean? Or at least Aruba.

It was so nice to walk down a white, sandy beach in paradise without the need to toss aside a cigarette ..... No need for an ashtray at our palapas hut on the beach. vaping my favorite flavor (Sweetish Berry) while watching a golden sunset just seemed so...good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kemosabe

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
I was born an raised on Kaua'i and HATE when i see people smoking on the beach and leaving the butts on the sand. NO aloha whatsoever, whats worse is when I have to go up to them and tell them to pick it up. Ecigs don't leave trash around and don't smell like doodoo so it's perfect to be able to vape without leaving a trace of anything behind you.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
I was born an raised on Kaua'i and HATE when i see people smoking on the beach and leaving the butts on the sand. NO aloha whatsoever, whats worse is when I have to go up to them and tell them to pick it up. Ecigs don't leave trash around and don't smell like doodoo so it's perfect to be able to vape without leaving a trace of anything behind you.

Exactly. :)

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I'm sitting here in Oklahoma waiting for another cold spell and possible snow. A tropical beach sounds really good right now! Glad you could get away and that vaping on vacation went well for you.

And what you said about not noticing others vaping...Oklahoma City where I live is a large metro area and we have vape shops on every corner, it seems like. I seldom see anyone vaping in public when I am out and about though. I've noticed lots of folks vaping in their cars.

gm91z28

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Arizona, USA
I just flew back from Reno, Nevada on business and i had my itaste vv v3 with a glassomizer on it in my carry on. I left all my mods and tanks in my checked luggage on the way there. I got stopped by security on the way back, i assumed because of my vape gear. They asked to open my bag and search it, i agreed. They pulled out a half full water bottle that i had tossed in there the day before that i didn't finish. I laughed and told the security person i thought they were interested in the e-cigarette the lady informed me that a surprising number of people come through the airport every day with them, and sent me on my way.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
I'm sitting here in Oklahoma waiting for another cold spell and possible snow. A tropical beach sounds really good right now! Glad you could get away and that vaping on vacation went well for you.

I hear ya'. We've had a long, brutal winter in Niagara - so the week away did us a world of good. Even though, we landed back in Toronto to -22c and several inches of snow. We'd been watching the weather forecast before leaving the island, and knew we were in for a reality check.

I was just thankful we didn't run in to any complications with the e-cig at the airports. As odd as it sounds...that was one of the main concerns we had during the trip, lol. I had no desire to go back to analogs if the e-cig was confiscated or went missing.

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Sounds like you had a great time. I should be jealous, but the weather here in Denver is very similar to Aruba...yeah, right. :?: Well, at least it's similar in the sense that it gets dark at night and lighter during the day. And Aruba is not in the Super Bowl. Go Broncos !!

I bet it was weather culture shock when you got back home. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Enjoy and namaste.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
I've been to Aruba 20 times...Love the place. 20 years ago it was a smoking friendly place, but over the years the hotels have become less and less tolerant so that it has become very hard to find a place to stay. I haven't been back since I took up vaping, but it's nice to know there weren't any problems.

We stayed at the Tamarijn (with access to all the Divi resorts) - smoking still allowed in rooms and restaurants.

Silent Knight

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Niagara region
Aruba is awesome! I used to vacation there! Thanks for the write up

It was our first time - and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Rented a Jeep Wrangler for two days...toured the entire island and did a LOT of photography. I'd definitely return. The people were very friendly, the scenery was fantastic - and the food was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread