Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey all!

I haven't posted since my precious chalice bit the dust, and though I'm expecting to get it back any week now from its Romanian holiday, I have felt totally empty inside since putting a carto back on my precious reos. I've gone from pro to noob lol, I feel like I've drank 30ml of liquid since re-learning how to squonk all over again haha

What I really want is an rm2, but sadly I've disconnected my paypal account and can't really purchase through robs site this time. They've changed the reo swap thread thingy to disallow all of the trades i was thinking of making and I've never seen one appear in the classifieds up here in Canuckistan where the igloos dwell. Ok cut the sad violins. ;)

So after reading a few positive posts about the cyclone and reo cooperating well, I've been able to locate a canadian vendor who sells this guy Cyclone Atomizer | Rebuildable | Atomizers | Gentlemen's Reserve.

Is that thing reo compatible out of the box or is there a bf version specifically? My girlfriend will inherit this when my chalice is back as well and she has an OG 14500 woodvil with a slightly odd catch cup size. My chalice fits it, but era, rm1 etc never would. Will this?

Am I better off sticking a wad of cash in an envelope and mailing it to rob for an rm2? Or is this atty a reasonable option?

As always reo friends, I appreciate any time you'd take to help a confused reonaught!

Cheers

DuffTime

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
United States
There is a bottom feed option. I got mine from Indyvaporshop, and the BF is a $5 dollar option. Bummer, but thats what it is. I'm extremely happy with my Cyclone. Id have to say on par with the RM2, except air hole size - it's a little smaller on the Cyclone.

According to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html it won't fit the 14500 woodvil. Bummer too, since the Cyclone is so aesthetically pleasing.

Maybe Rob would be able to mill the RM2 to fit the woodvil 18490. Never hurt to ask, and the RM2 wins huge points for ease of build. Ask around, and best of luck!

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
That site does not mention any bottom feeder in the description of the Cyclone, and just calls it "dripping atomizer". So I would think they are selling the dripping version of the Cyclone, which will not work for you.

You could use Western Union or some such to transfer money to Rob - better than a wad of notes.
Or maybe call Gentleman's Reserve and ask them if they have the bottom fed version as well.
Or try and find a bottom fed Hornet - it will fit if the Chalice fits with half a millimeter to spare.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Sorry for the slow response, and tyvm for your suggestions.

Yeah if a milled down rm2 will work on both our mods that's certainly the direction I'd rather go. I don't want or even have the means currently to buy anything as expensive as the cyclone anyways. I've also been looking out for a hornet etc in canada but no luck. Ill see how desperate I get and will probably have to message rob at some point to see if he'll take some cash in the mail or something lol

That site does not mention any bottom feeder in the description of the Cyclone, and just calls it "dripping atomizer". So I would think they are selling the dripping version of the Cyclone, which will not work for you.

You could use Western Union or some such to transfer money to Rob - better than a wad of notes.
Or maybe call Gentleman's Reserve and ask them if they have the bottom fed version as well.
Or try and find a bottom fed Hornet - it will fit if the Chalice fits with half a millimeter to spare.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Haha well I was hoping for a solution to this, and who other then reo folk would make an offer such as this!

Man your generosity is just amazing, to offer to do something like that for someone you don't/barely know is just remarkable!

However I just don't think I'd feel right taking you up on it. I'd have the same problems repaying you as I would rob being in canada and all, and Tbh I'm a bit of a starving artist type so having anything outstanding money wise is just a scary move for me to make.

I'm deeply grateful for your kindness though, this is what the reo tribe is all about!

Thank you!

Chinner,
It would be great if you can find a way to get RM2s. You can get 2 almost for the price of 1 cyclone. How bout I pay Rob for ya, have him ship them to you and just pay me back bro?
Let me know if that'll work for you :)

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
  • Deleted by Rhapsodies Fire
  • Reason: duplicate post

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Sorry for the slow response, and tyvm for your suggestions.

Yeah if a milled down rm2 will work on both our mods that's certainly the direction I'd rather go. I don't want or even have the means currently to buy anything as expensive as the cyclone anyways. I've also been looking out for a hornet etc in canada but no luck. Ill see how desperate I get and will probably have to message rob at some point to see if he'll take some cash in the mail or something lol

I have an unused hornet here on the west coast its almost tempting to sell it to you :lol: let me stew on it a bit here and if I decide to maybe we can deal I guess i will have to post in classies and you will just have to be fast :lol:

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I have an unused hornet here on the west coast its almost tempting to sell it to you :lol: let me stew on it a bit here and if I decide to maybe we can deal I guess i will have to post in classies and you will just have to be fast :lol:

Man that would be epic! Let me know how you feel about it I'd be happy to work something out.

Keep an eye out in the wanted section for my WTB: Hornet from Darryl Justice lol. ;)

Thanks everyone! You really make Ecf worth sticking around :)

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
You say starving artist, what kind of artist? I see a drum kitin your avatar, was wondering if anything else.

Hey there!

Yeah music man here! My whole family is painters and stuff, but I took to drumming at a pretty young age. Clearly it was the wrong career choice.

If you're interested there's a short ep from a couple summers ago available still online for free. Not sure if I'm allowed to but ill post anyways wth lol! Beware its a bit heavy at times lol, especially first song at the beginning haha!

The LA Experiment | The LA Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread