Does There Exist A Consensus On PG/VG Ratios Per Vendor/Flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spainman

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2012
Memphis, TN
Hope this doesn't sound like too dumb of a question, as I know tastes are very subjective and everyone has their own preferences, but as I sit here and think about all the flavors out there I'd like to try, and the fact that I'm just moving past 50/50 mixes and trying 60/40.... it all just seems overwhelming at times. And I can accept that most of times, sometimes I flip flop between enjoying vaping as a hobby and just needing something I don't have to figure out so much. But with that said, does there exist any dominating opinions, as I try different vendors, as to who's flavors and what flavors may be stronger vs weaker, and therefore be inclined to perhaps be more inclined to go with certain pg/vg ratios? Or heck just share your own opinions on your own findings.

I'm just throwing a shot in the dark here, trying to speed up the learning curve. I've been so consumed with finding the right set up and juices that I never thought too much about the ratios til I read a few threads here. I just tried my so far fav ejuice (TKO ECBlend)
in a 60/40 mix and I notice a much stronger flavor without much difference in vapor production.

gdaym8

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
ATX
Since I am still fairly new at this (7 months in) and didn't venture away from my original vendor until about 3 months ago I am still learning. After reading a lot on the ECF I decided my best bet was going with vendors who put a lot of thought into their craft and attempt to educate their customers on their website. Many do a good job of this, I found Ahlusion's info very helpful even though I don't think they think very highly of my choice in set up (Volt X2 w/ clearomizer). I also watched several youtube videos on the subject and continue to read as much as possible. It really does boil down to what you are using an the types of juice you prefer...and what your body will tolerate! While I know this is not a definitive answer I hope it at least tells you researching is important. For me a 30VG/70PG on tobacco flavors is preferred, 50/50 for fruit flavors. Good luck!

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Short answer, is no, no real consensus, as many want TH over vapor production so get higher PG. Many, such as myself don't care too much for TH and want massive plumes, so go with higher VG ratios. Also many for various reasons, want 100% VG only, and won't even buy juices with PG flavorings that probably constitute less than 5 or 10% PG total.

You really just have to find what works for you, and as you alluded to, different ratios amongst different vendors, or even the same vendor and different juices is what will work for most individuals. It's complicated and costly to do this, so unless something really seems off, if you find a general ratio that works for you, I'd just normally stick to it.

Personally, I started with 80/20 PG to VG, and am mostly now using 70/30 as I like more vapor. I keep the PG relatively high because it seems to carry flavor better and that too is important to me.

I am going to try some 50/50 at some point to see if higher vapor production makes me happier, without sarificing too much taste.

I also lately have been using the "trust the experts" option on many vendor's sites, which typically has been 70/30 anyway.

Good luck, and happy vaping!

There isn't even a consensus in my tanks. I'm perfectly content with anything from 0% VG to about 50% VG, and I find anything above that vapes fine...I just don't like how thick the liquid is when trying to fill stuff.

I DIY and settled at 70% PG/30% VG as my sweet spot, but if you fiddled with my liquid and changed the percentages somewhat I probably wouldn't even notice if I weren't paying attention to the cloud I'm emitting when I vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread