does this guy make any money? is he into philanthropy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I know I got my order today and he put in a tiny voltage regulator with the big one I ordered plus 5 of the resistors and the little flashlight. I really like that little tiny regulator.
I also like doing business with mad vapes. They go above and beyond on their orders plus they have everything and the tutorials on building mods is great. MAD VAPES ROCKS
P.S. I've never ever waited on an order from them either. Blam it's here.

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
So here's the scoop and a little bit of history about MadVapes and for those that want to know..

We don't make a killing or a living from MadVapes... yet.. All of our revenue goes to continued growth and new products.. Well I did go to dinner once and made MadVapes pay for it.. :oops:

I'm a full time programmer(work at home) and this started out as a part time gig to sell some parts and connectors. I like building mods but hated spending $40 in shipping to buy $8 worth of parts..

In my search for connectors after making my home brew connectors for a while, I finally found a place to buy them but the manufacturer didn't want to sell just connectors alone so I was forced to buy other 'parts'..

Folks then wanted more parts when building a mod so I got some atties and batteries.. No point in building a box mod and not having juice to test it so it continues on and on..

Our product line has expanded considerably from our original business plan which was to help people build and sell mods.. The area of our website where you can sell your mods is going to get a shove to the front of the line again very soon.

I absolutely love working on MadVapes and spend many hours searching and testing new products, some make it for sale others don't.. I pound the china vendors until the wee hours of the morning to get deals.. They hate me 'haggling' as they call it but want the sale :).. I really like new products and I think you do too but they are challenging at times but all in all worth it..

We've got parts here that we've had for a months and haven't gotten around to testing yet but will soon and if they are good then they'll make the website with crappy shadowy photos and typo riddled descriptions :)

MadVapes has 5 part time 'helpers' and we average about 120 orders per day lately.. We also sell wholesale to about 15 retail outlets and although we like doing that it kills our stock sometimes..

MadVapes.co.uk will be online soon and in the near future we will be offering international shipping on any non-nictotine containing products so growth continues..

Freebies are fun.. and we do them when we can... We are currently out of ponies however.. lol.. that was funny banjoman...

USPS, regardless of the other complaints has really been terrific with making us look good. We love the service and pricing they provide and yeah we lose a package once in a while and the tracking is non-existant but all in all no complaints here.

My dad taught me old fashion make the customer happy type of service.. I make all helpers follow this same philosophy..

We have no need to sit on your orders for days so try to pack and ship immediately or at least by the next pickup which is about 2:00pm daily Monday through Saturday.. Getting your orders packed and ready is our top priority and that's why sometimes products sit and don't make it to the website right away.. We don't do backorders or preorders because I don't want to be responsible for having your money and having nothing to send you.

I'm trying to get to working at MadVapes full time.. So many ideas, so little time.. My lathe sits idle and dusty and my drill press has rust spots :(

So that's the scoop for now and probably more than you ever wanted to know..

This message will self destruct in 10..9..8..7..

hoog

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
explode02june.gif

good story and good luck with it too ;)

Konservative

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Holland, MI
So that's the scoop for now and probably more than you ever wanted to know..
hoog

Defiantly NOT more than i wanted to know. I actually like a sales person that can give me good reasons for the way he dose things, especially when i like the way he dose them :)

Keep up the good work, and good luck with your company. I will do my part to help out, when i can afford to :)

P.S. You need to get in more of those moded ponies

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Defiantly NOT more than i wanted to know. I actually like a sales person that can give me good reasons for the way he dose things, especially when i like the way he dose them :)

Keep up the good work, and good luck with your company. I will do my part to help out, when i can afford to :)

P.S. You need to get in more of those moded ponies

They are pretty cool but they're full of crap :)

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
My dad taught me old fashion make the customer happy type of service.. I make all helpers follow this same philosophy..
kudos to daddy!! Im sure (hope not) you dont get a VIP treatment from the suppliers you dealing with. Im glad it doesnt affect YOUR above rate/exceeding/beyond marvelous costumer service. I think you should have a DIY liquid session.
and thank YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread