Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
But even if Every Single Vaper was United, I still thing we are going to Need a Portion of the Non-vaping Public to be on Our Side.

I don't at all.

My uncle was a part of the fight for aids research.

Another uncle is a supporting NRA member.

I was a part of the rest of those battles.

In all these cases we were likely more outnumbered with less relevant arguments.

I mean who needs a pet snake that can swallow the neighbors child whole?

Or a pet fish that might reproduce and decimate entire ecosystems like the jumping carp and northern snake head already have?

But we won those with less support than is possible here... A Whole Lot Less...

Tapatyped

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
What are you Talking About?

The Undecided are Always the Most Important. Swing them and Many Times your side Becomes a Strong Majority. But Lose them, and Most Times you go Down in Flames.

Who Do you think All these Smear Campaigns are Geared Towards like the one in California?

There are only two efficient methods to sway the "undecided":

- hate speech
- convincing them that they have an interest in the outcome

Govt campaigns are using both: "dirty vapers" and "protect your children".

I notice that intentionally or not, you're doing something similar too.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I don't at all.

My uncle was a part of the fight for aids research.

Another uncle is a supporting NRA member.

I was a part of the rest of those battles.

In all these cases we were likely more outnumbered with less relevant arguments.

I mean who needs a pet snake that can swallow the neighbors child whole?

Or a pet fish that might reproduce and decimate entire ecosystems like the jumping carp and northern snake head already have?

Tapatyped

But there wasn't any trillion dollars industry interested to fight against the snakes.....

Reactions: DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Public support would be nice, but I don't think we NEED it, not unless they're going to put the Deeming Regs up to a popular vote.

What I think would be most effective, and I could be totally wrong, is to get the word out as much as possible that none of the arguments against vaping hold any scientific/public health merit. That way, when a senator says "They're marketing to children" a reporter can ask "Really? They're marketing an adult product, only available for purchase to adults, to children? Have you ever seen Cotton Candy Vodka?"

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Tapatyped

Good Deal on those Victories.

But here's the Problem with e-Cigarettes. Taxes.

If e-Cigarettes was not such a Low Hanging Tax Fruit, we Wouldn't even be Having this (or any of these) conversation. But it is. So were Aren't playing on a Level Playing Field.

If e-Cigarettes, or More Precisely e-liquids couldn't Easily be Taxed, then Science would Prevail. And people (all People) would view e-Cigarettes for what they Are. Viable Harm Reduction. Maybe not 100% Safe. But Orders of Magnitude Safer than Smoking Cigarettes.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Public support would be nice, but I don't think we NEED it, not unless they're going to put the Deeming Regs up to a popular vote.

What I think would be most effective, and I could be totally wrong, is to get the word out as much as possible that none of the arguments against vaping hold any scientific/public health merit. That way, when a senator says "They're marketing to children" a reporter can ask "Really? They're marketing an adult product, only available for purchase to adults, to children? Have you ever seen Cotton Candy Vodka?"

OK... I can go with Getting the Word Out.

Where/How do we Generate the Money Needed to do it?

About the Only People I know who have that Kind of Money is BT. And I they seem to be Willing to go with what the FDA has Proposed. Because it was Custom Tailored for BT. And they will be the Big Winners of a Restrictive Regulations.

Reactions: DC2

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

If e-Cigarettes was not such a Low Hanging Tax Fruit, we Wouldn't even be Having this (or any of these) conversation. But it is. So were Aren't playing on a Level Playing Field.

If e-Cigarettes, or More Precisely e-Liquids couldn't Easily be Taxed, then Science would Prevail. And people (all People) would view e-Cigarettes for what they Are. Viable Harm Reduction. Maybe not 100% Safe. But Orders of Magnitude Safer than Smoking Cigarettes.

It's not about the taxes that e-cigs could bring. It's about the MSA that could be lost. Do you think there would be one for vaping?

Reactions: beckdg

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
OK... I can go with Getting the Word Out.

Where/How do we Generate the Money Needed to do it?

About the Only People I know who have that Kind of Money is BT. And I they seem to be Willing to go with what the FDA has Proposed. Because it was Custom Tailored for BT. And they will be the Big Winners of a Restrictive Regulations.

So your answer is to just go with the flow, even though it's wrong? I can guarantee you that BT doesn't want to stop with packaging. Ever see a cotton candy flavored Vuse or Mark Ten?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So your answer is to just go with the flow, even though it's wrong? I can guarantee you that BT doesn't want to stop with packaging. Ever see a cotton candy flavored Vuse or Mark Ten?

Who said Go with the Flow?

You said you want to get the Word Out. I said Great. How do we Do it / Pay for it?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Who said Go with the Flow?

You said you want to get the Word Out. I said Great. How do we Do it / Pay for it?
On a major level, I'm not sure, notblowingsmoke.org is a good start.

On an individual grass roots level, any time you see this BS posted anywhere, point out the idiocy.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
But there wasn't any trillion dollars industry interested to fight against the snakes.....
Gooberment and citizens. Didn't need money and propaganda to give people their opinions.

Ever see the documentary where the fish crawls for miles then ambushes a small child?

And the pics of the snakes that were caught after eating large adult, male alligators?

Unnecessary propaganda.

If e-Cigarettes, or More Precisely e-Liquids couldn't Easily be Taxed, then Science would Prevail. And people (all People) would view e-Cigarettes for what they Are. Viable Harm Reduction. Maybe not 100% Safe. But Orders of Magnitude Safer than Smoking Cigarettes.

Licensing fees.

Some talks discussed proposals in the tens of thousands plus the cost of courses one had to take and pass to be licensed.

Plus tagging with microchips, nationwide registries, etc... that would have cost a small fortune.

If a middle ground would have been accepted, fortunes would have been made in gov't fees.

No lower hanging fruit than that which the neighbors several streets away fear and despise even being in their neighborhood.

Tapatyped

Reactions: KattMamma

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Reactions: beckdg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
On a major level, I'm not sure, notblowingsmoke.org is a good start.

On an individual grass roots level, any time you see this BS posted anywhere, point out the idiocy.

My God. How many Times have I posted in a Thread about some Crappy Article of Slanted View

"Have you Contacted the Author?"

"Maybe we should send an e-Mail to the Site. Here is the Contact Information"

"If you Don't like the Article, maybe it would be Good to Leave a Comment"

If 3 people out of 100 Actually do something I consider it a Victory. I finally just Gave up.

We do a great Job of "Debating" things INSIDE the ECF. But Very Few take it OUTSIDE the ECF.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Gooberment and citizens. Didn't need money and propaganda to give people their opinions.

Ever see the documentary where the fish crawls for miles then ambushes a small child?

And the pics of the snakes that were caught after eating large adult, male alligators?

Unnecessary propaganda.

Licensing fees.

Some talks discussed proposals in the tens of thousands plus the cost of courses one had to take and pass to be licensed.

Plus tagging with microchips, nationwide registries, etc... that would have cost a small fortune.

If a middle ground would have been accepted, fortunes would have been made in gov't fees.

No lower hanging fruit than that which the neighbors several streets away fear and despise even being in their neighborhood.

Tapatyped

Not Exactly Sure what you are Say'n?

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

Unnecessary propaganda.

No I haven't seen them. But in a country where alligators are everywhere anyway (FL), that snake doesn't look out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread