Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Jarum.jpg
Best "Child Proof Label around" Just fill with your favorite juice, problem solved!:D

Jarum.jpg

Attachments

• Jarum.jpg
    Jarum.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 21

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
You know what, after re-reading this thread, I say blank it. If you were a child and were innocent and blameless and grew up into the flowering and wonderfully productive adult you are today, good on you. But let's just apply your rules to your own selves. So say, as a child, you made a major mistake. You did something horrible. Now you're stuck with it, forever. And whether or not you learn from your mistakes, pull yourself up by your bootstrings, and become a brand new man... Well, yeah, you changed, you became a productive member of society. But, by your own reasoning, the mistake you may have made from your childhood is with you forever, always hanging over your head, inescapable. Now you can't find a job. Now you can't buy a house. Now you're still being shamed for something you did in immature ignorance decades ago. Yeah, that'll make you a better individual. That'll make you a stronger person.
and yet most of us born before the seventies seemed to have managed just fine.
the point is there used to be powerful social consequences to horrible behavior.
it worked quite well.
now we just invent another social program to put a band-aid on the problem.
:2c:
regards
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Being born before the 70s excludes you from childhood mistakes that might linger. Logic....?
logic? did you read what i was saying?
being born before the seventies kept a lot of people from
doing things that many kids due with impunity today because
they are shielded by law.
regards
mike

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Being born in or before the 70's meant there wasn't immediate access to information and news concerning aberrant behavior in children. They've always been the way they are, being born within a window of years doesn't mean a thing. Now we just hear about it and see and read it more frequently.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Being born in or before the 70's meant there wasn't immediate access to information and news concerning aberrant behavior in children. They've always been the way they are, being born within a window of years doesn't mean a thing. Now we just hear about it and see and read it more frequently.
school records were open to any employer by request.
criminal records were all public domain.
it was different then.i lived through it and can see
the difference.today we read of it more frequently
because it is happening more.
mike

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nope. Kids perception is what matters here.

This Isn't how I see it. And why I knew that this Thread would go Horribly Off Track.

It Isn't the Kids Perception that I am Primarily Concerned with. It is the Perception of the General Non-
Vaping Public. And the Perception of Law Makers who Very Shortly will decide how Adults can Use e-Cigarettes.

Go back and Watch the Senate Hearing I liked to in this Post...

E-Cigarette Marketing | Video | C-SPAN.org

BTW - These people who are Frothing at the Mouth about the way some brands of e-Cigarettes are Marketed are also the Ones who will say if the coming FDA Deeming Regulations are Strict Enough.

We have a Lot of Law Makers in this Country who would Like to see No One use e-Cigarettes. And about the Same Amount, or More, who would like to see BT being the ONLY ones to sell e-Cigarettes.

A Great way to Accomplish this would be to Show the General Public that the e-Cigarette Market has to be Severely Regulated. That it can Not Be Self-Regulated. And I can't think of a Better way to win the Hearts and Minds of Non Vapers than to Imply that e-Liquid Companies are Targeting Minors.

Labeling like the OP posted Doesn't Increase Sales. And it Doesn't make the e-Liquid taste any better.

But it does Raise thoughts in Non Vapers as to Why a Cartoon Character is being used if a company is not trying to target Kids.

It Does Matter what the Intent is. Doesn't Matter if it is Right or Wrong. It doesn't even Matter if it Does or Doesn't Entice Kids.

What Matters is some Pin Headed Senator can stand up during a FDA Deeming Hearing and hold up a Bottle of this "Juice" as why FDA Regs need to be as Restrictive as Possible.

And ya know what? Many People are going to Agree.

Why give these Law Makers the Tools to justify Limiting, or in some Cases, take away e-Cigarettes from Adults?

It Doesn't make Sense.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
A gummi bear flavor should be labeled like this, then, to prevent a child's interest? This label will surely drum up a ton of sales to responsible adults.

View attachment 459423

What do people not get..it doesn't matter what parent card you throw out there. No one is going to support allowing bottles of deadly poisonous liquid to be labeled with cute kiddie cartoon characters or the bottles shaped as them. They won't just regulate those who do this, they will just go full force ahead and regulate flavoring as a whole and punish everyone, especially given over half of the reports of nic poisoning is young children who ingested their parents eliquid. Whether it's the parents fault or not..it doesn't matter because in the end, this is a losing card that will drag flavoring as a whole down with it. Why support something soo juvenile that is only going to hurt vapers and the vaping industry.

Give me a plain boring bottle with the name of the flavoring..i can read the flavoring name and i can also read the reviews of the flavor..i don't need papa smurf on the label nor do i need the bottle to be shaped like papa smurf in order for me to buy it. Most liquid sellers do this and I applaud and support them for keeping their priorities straight in focusing on what's important.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Go to the "Contact Us" on the web page and ask them if they have the juice in child protective bottles. They won't switch just for you, but if every one e-mails them, they will start to think.

For me, well my kids are older, but I have an upper cabinet that I just keep my juices in. They just meld longer if I don't use them. Teach your kids.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
What do people not get..it doesn't matter what parent card you throw out there. No one is going to support allowing bottles of deadly poisonous liquid to be labeled with cute kiddie cartoon characters or the bottles shaped as them. They won't just regulate those who do this, they will just go full force ahead and regulate flavoring as a whole and punish everyone, especially given over half of the reports of nic poisoning is young children who ingested their parents eliquid. Whether it's the parents fault or not..it doesn't matter because in the end, this is a losing card that will drag flavoring as a whole down with it. Why support something soo juvenile that is only going to hurt vapers and the vaping industry.

Give me a plain boring bottle with the name of the flavoring..i can read the flavoring name and i can also read the reviews of the flavor..i don't need papa smurf on the label nor do i need the bottle to be shaped like papa smurf in order for me to buy it. Most liquid sellers do this and I applaud and support them for keeping their priorities straight in focusing on what's important.
there have been increased calls to poison control centers concerning e-juice.
there is no indication of how any actual cases of ingestion have occurred.
calls concerning patches,gum and,chantrix far outnumber e-juice.
the fact is it doesn't mater. just saying the word children is enough for
them. there has only been one accidental poisoning from liquid nicotine
that resulted in death in the USA in the last 25 years. even this one is suspect
because of a lack of toxicology reports.they don't need children to use as
an excuse. they use the children to get what they wan't. the whole advertising/flavor
nonsense was there pretext to drag the chillin' into the argument.
regards
mike

Reactions: KattMamma

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
What do people not get..it doesn't matter what parent card you throw out there. No one is going to support allowing bottles of deadly poisonous liquid to be labeled with cute kiddie cartoon characters or the bottles shaped as them. Why support something soo juvenile that is only going to hurt vapers and the vaping industry.

Give me a plain boring bottle with the name of the flavoring..Most liquid sellers do this and I applaud and support them for keeping their priorities straight in focusing on what's important.

Using words like "no one is going to" and "give me" are sweeping entitlements. I certainly don't feel the way you do concerning this subject. So what invalidates either one of our opinions? This is why discussions on forums go round and round and round with no discernible end result.

I like arsty labels.

And yes, it all does fall down to parental control. Your home is full of poisons. Why is this one subject so demonizing? Like I said, if you don't agree with the bottle labels and don't want them in your home, don't buy them. If you DO like a flavor that has a label that you don't agree with, put it in another unlabeled bottle and label it the way you want to. And put it out of reach of children. Or is that just TOO much effort? Good grief, what do people not get... it's a free world and I like art and uniqueness. A catchy label = kids drinking juice... there are so many stopgaps between those two, and it's in your power to affect that... unless you just don't care.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It is inevitable that their are an increased number of calls to the PCC. Vaping has skyrocketed. Percentage-wise it is still very low, but it does get immediate attention. Another issue is that since bottle labels are not regulated and "approved", it lets people pursue damages in court.

All this is just bad. So, it is good for us to police our industry. Send an e-mail, identify vendor issues here, it is a no-cost way to protect our industry.

Initially, the industry has to be careful and that includes a lot.

Working together is better.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
It is inevitable that their are an increased number of calls to the PCC. Vaping has skyrocketed. Percentage-wise it is still very low, but it does get immediate attention. Another issue is that since bottle labels are not regulated and "approved", it lets people pursue damages in court.

All this is just bad. So, it is good for us to police our industry. Send an e-mail, identify vendor issues here, it is a no-cost way to protect our industry.

Initially, the industry has to be careful and that includes a lot.

Working together is better.
regulated or approved does not have anything to do with
going to court or not.
if this was true every bleach manufacturer would have
been sued off the planet.
mike

Reactions: AndriaD

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Not saying that it Is. Not saying that it Isn't. All I know is that this is the World that we live in.

And when you Know that there is a Small Army of Detractors out there trying to Tie your products to Appealing to Kids, it Boggles the Mind that a Company would Label their product this way.

So when do the 'Small Army of Detractors' march in and decide you or yours don't fit the 'Latest Politically Correct Standard'? And you're taken to a 'Retraining Station' for re-indoctrination. I don't think that was a good idea the last time it happened.

Reactions: AndriaD

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So when do the 'Small Army of Detractors' march in and decide you or yours don't fit the 'Latest Politically Correct Standard'? And you're taken to a 'Retraining Station' for re-indoctrination. I don't think that was a good idea the last time it happened.

You can Make Analogies rich in Hype all you want.

But the Simple Fact is that Any Impression that e-Liquids are being Marketed towards Kids is about the Worst thing we could have to Fight.

Have you viewed the Senate Hearing I linked to in Post [HASHTAG]#102[/HASHTAG]?

Do you Understand what we are Up Against. And what will be Used Against Us?

Reactions: YoursTruli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread