Does this seem right to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Another part of the burden lies upon the shoulders of vendors. Online vendors can only do so much. Clicking on "I'm 18" doesn't stop a minor with a prepaid card from buying nicotine juice or hardware. That's where I think a little bit of regulation can be a good thing. But if you operate a B&M store, and the customers are directly in front of you, card the blank out of those people. If they look under thirty, CARD THEM. If they don't have ID, they should have to leave the premises, even to the point to where they can't whisper or conspire with cohorts. Any brick & mortar who does't emphasize and enforce IDs, will only hurt our culture.
the only way to prevent online sales to minors is to completely ban it.
when i was growing up if one wanted to do adult things you also had
to suffer adult consequences.
there are two reasons we have so much youth related problems today.
1.making school records confidential.
2. sealing juvenile criminal records.
kids get to do almost anything with no real consequences and,adults 45
years their senior have to jump through hoops.
:2c:
regards
mike

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
the only way to prevent online sales to minors is to completely ban it.
when i was growing up if one wanted to do adult things you also had
to suffer adult consequences.
there are two reasons we have so much youth related problems today.
1.making school records confidential.
2. sealing juvenile criminal records.
kids get to do almost anything with no real consequences and,adults 45
years their senior have to jump through hoops.
regards
mike

You're so right! Kids do whatever they please or almost, make up stories and are taken seriously because "they're way more sensitive and just than adults", they remain "kids" until God knows when if it suits them, they simply grow without true ethics. In the meantime, adults have to watch their backs all the time. There's something awfully wrong with the world these days...

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
You're so right! Kids do whatever they please or almost, make up stories and are taken seriously because "they're way more sensitive and just than adults", they remain "kids" until God knows when if it suits them, they simply grow without true ethics. In the meantime, adults have to watch their backs all the time. There's something awfully wrong with the world these days...

Yeah. Parents. You were never a kid?

Reactions: AndriaD

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
While I agree with you to a certain degree, I do not think a child's mistakes should follow him or her the rest of their life. Children are children. They cannot understand or comprehend adult consequences. Yes, kids know right from wrong, but kids are inherently naive. That's only my opinion, though.
of course they should follow them for the rest of their lives.
it builds character.
open records may show the bad things in your life but,they also
show how far you have come and if you have a commitment to
become a productive member of society and not one big problem
since the day you were born.
regards
mike

Reactions: mattiem

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
of course they should follow them for the rest of their lives.
it builds character.
open records may show the bad things in your life but,they also
show how far you have come and if you have a commitment to
become a productive member of society and not one big problem
since the day you were born.
regards
mike

Thank goodness you were able to live your entire childhood life blameless of all wrong doing.

Reactions: freepoet

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
And yet there is no public outrage over, or politicians waving around alcohol bottles for targeting teens because they would never ever be interested in whipped cream flavored vodka....

Maybe not, but on the other hand, that vodka is not under local, state, and federal scrutiny like e liquid is right now. The fact is, powers that be will most definitely use labeling as ammunition and justification for passing regulations that will impact the cost and availability of e liquids. While I think that e liquid manufacturers as a whole are not marketing to minors, I'm not willing to put my access to e liquid on the line to go to bat for the very few that choose to use potentially misconstrued labeling, there's just too much at stake here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msand

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Just because i am 45yrs old does not mean i don't like gummy bears, however, given i am an adult, it looks irresponsible and mortally bad when an adult product that contains a deadly poisonous liquid comes in a bottle with gummy bears on it or shaped like one. The flavoring is what i care about, not the cute kiddie packaging and marketing.
There is a reason why most liquid sellers do not do this and that is because they have their priorities straight, so likewise, let's support these sellers and pick our fights wisely as well. Making arguments in comparison to other products is irrelevant, only eliquid flavoring will be on the table and scrutinized when the gavel comes down on how it is regulated.

As an adult who vapes i have two choices.... keep my focus on protecting flavors, or i can throw a losing card into the fight and insist that i should be allowed to be marketed to like a child... (((sigh)))..and this is what we are willing to lose our flavoring freedoms over? ..shakes head.

A gummi bear flavor should be labeled like this, then, to prevent a child's interest? This label will surely drum up a ton of sales to responsible adults.

download.jpg

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Yeah. Parents. You were never a kid?

Sure I was. And whatever I may have done, my parents were definitely not my accomplices. Think of it this way: kids may be naive in ways, but they're certainly not stupid and know how to manipulate the parents, the teachers, the board of directors etc. In other words, they cause a lot of harm and know it well enough - please, don't lecture me on that because you don't seem to have the faintest idea. Why? Simply because they know they can. They aren't born with any deep sense of ethics, that does not exist even if different people act differently. Society as whole is weak and decadent; from the darkness of the past to the chaos of today (where most priorities are lost), society hasn't found a much needed balance. These kids grow up knowing they can easily manipulate others and become egocentrical. When they get older, they may not be at all pleased that they suddenly find themselves without a permanent shield. They may become even more selfish. And it is precisely that generation of possibly angry, egocentrical characters that will be those who will have to take care of you when you're older and pay for your retirement (or not).

Reactions: schatz

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I don't know what kind of kids you know, but you're giving them entirely too much credit, and, I suppose, superimposing adult ideas onto children. I'm sorry your life experiences have brought you to this conclusion. I have no idea the kinds of children you're exposed to. I, for one, being the uncle to nine neices and nephews, know those buggers inside and out. Have you seen The Good Son too many times?

Reactions: freepoet

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Thank goodness you were able to live your entire childhood life blameless of all wrong doing.
i a 60 years old. these laws were not in effect until i was an adult.
when these laws were passed the word on the street was, woopie!
we can do just about anything we want now.
mike

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
You know what, after re-reading this thread, I say blank it. If you were a child and were innocent and blameless and grew up into the flowering and wonderfully productive adult you are today, good on you. But let's just apply your rules to your own selves. So say, as a child, you made a major mistake. You did something horrible. Now you're stuck with it, forever. And whether or not you learn from your mistakes, pull yourself up by your bootstrings, and become a brand new man... Well, yeah, you changed, you became a productive member of society. But, by your own reasoning, the mistake you may have made from your childhood is with you forever, always hanging over your head, inescapable. Now you can't find a job. Now you can't buy a house. Now you're still being shamed for something you did in immature ignorance decades ago. Yeah, that'll make you a better individual. That'll make you a stronger person.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Just regular kids. All together at the same time, doing something they don't want to as opposed to being with a kid or a couple of kids at a time. Kids are generally alright as long as they feel like nothing is imposed on them. As long as you entertain them and not for too long. That's how it is. Why? Again, because they can. I'm not saying it's the kids fault, not at all, only that they're not idiots who act like they have no idea. The fault belongs to their parents and to today's western society as a whole. I tell you, if the Chinese, or the Russians or the Arabs invaded, the entire western world would easily crumble. The fear of causing an instant trauma, the fear that every other adult may be a bandit, that's all part of the entire decadence.

So, please, don't patronise me. I'm a parent too. I was a kid too. And I don't believe you live in la-la land.

Other than that, all is cool. :)

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Russians, Arabs, Chinese, etc. So, are you actually pretending you don't understand what I told you? You can't discuss something like this without placing it.

Well, never mind, let's get back on topic. I don't even remember how this thing started. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocketpunk

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Don't deprive yourself of something you may really enjoy because of public views you may or may not agree with, buy it, put it in a plastic bottle and label it however you like. Mr. Cookie is quite good, I've got a friend who goes through a bottle of it a week and I must admit that until I read this thread I never once perceived the art work on the bottle to be marketed towards minors in any way.

YOUR perception is what matters here, don't let the public perception run yours over.
Nope. Kids perception is what matters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread