Does your vamo make a sound while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7v7nqh

Apr 2, 2013
Sunny Island
Hey guys,

I just received my Vamo today, its hooked up to a Vivi Nova clearomizer. Just a quick question here: is the vamo supposed to make a sound while vaping? I am not sure whether it is supposed make any weird noises. Its sort of like someone sucking on an empty straw. This happens whenever I press the power button to vape.

The vapor still comes out smoothly though. I'm just worried that I didn't assemble it correctly or anything. This is my first ever PV so I am quite clueless about this!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Depends on what device you have attached. Cartotanks on mine are very noisy...my Protanks less so. My AGA-T2 is silent. My coworker and I made some gaskets out of...well...gaskets...and that has reduced the noise somewhat. Sometimes fiddling with your device and how low it sits makes a difference. The culprit is the airflow.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
No strange noises from mine....

I do notice tho, when I use doil coil carto's, the vamo dont like it, sometimes it wont fire, other times it will fire, then automatically back down the voltage, and other times it works just fine. Does not happen with my vivi or vobcc.

I use 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos on my Vamo and never have that problem. But for dual coils to work properly, you need to have the Vamo in RMS (N02) mode. Dual coils work like a charm in RMS mode.

Last edited:

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Hey guys,

I just received my Vamo today, its hooked up to a Vivi Nova clearomizer. Just a quick question here: is the vamo supposed to make a sound while vaping? I am not sure whether it is supposed make any weird noises. Its sort of like someone sucking on an empty straw. This happens whenever I press the power button to vape.

The vapor still comes out smoothly though. I'm just worried that I didn't assemble it correctly or anything. This is my first ever PV so I am quite clueless about this!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

That's normal...it's the sound of the liquid being heated by the coil...mine snap, crackles, and pops on the Vamo...how much seems to depend on how I have the settings adjusted...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread