Doesn't hurt to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
New Jersey
Hello, I hope this is the right place for this. I just found out my favorite juice is made with foreign sourced tobacco, I don't know how I feel about that (well, I do but) and the place doesn't even have a name. I'd like to support local businesses and at the same time know what it is I'm vaping (all of a sudden after 35 yrs. of smoking). And the internet isn't really the place for a straight answer anyway. But I'd like to ask, is all vaping tobacco foreign sourced? And I just didn't know or do the tobacco farmers only want their product used for cancer sticks? Also, last night I was on the nic vape website, they look promising. I'm sure a lot of people here use them. Is all that stuff safe? As far as heating up concoctions and inhaling them can be?

Thanks

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Greg,
Hello, I just found out my favorite juice is made with foreign sourced tobacco,
Please name the product you are talking about.
But I'd like to ask, is all vaping tobacco foreign sourced?
We vape nicotine liquid and no, the US also produces nicotine concentrate.
I was on the nic vape website, they look promising. I'm sure a lot of people here use them. Is all that stuff safe?
E-Liquid | DIY Vaping Supplies | NicVape.
No, it is NOT safe. It is a safer alternative to smoking combustion cigarettes.

Cheers
I

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
New Jersey
Hi Greg,

Please name the product you are talking about.
We vape nicotine liquid and no, the US also produces nicotine concentrate.
E-Liquid | DIY Vaping Supplies | NicVape.
No, it is NOT safe. It is a safer alternative to smoking combustion cigarettes.

Cheers
I
Hello I, I'd rather not name names, I don't want to do anything to possibly hurt their sales. The stuff comes in a box and all the info is on it. It's a great company and the juice is tasty. I was just a little surprised to read that. That was a quick reply by the way.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello I, I'd rather not name names, I don't want to do anything to possibly hurt their sales. The stuff comes in a box and all the info is on it. It's a great company and the juice is tasty. I was just a little surprised to read that. That was a quick reply by the way.

I don't know how to respond to that. Are you being serious?
Are you under a legal obligation to not discuss the product or brand?

I guess we are done here.
Have a great day.
I

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
New Jersey
Most of the nic we vape with comes from overseas. If you want control you will have to jump into diy.
Thank you Letitia, I thought that's where this might go, a lot of people here even vape unflavored. I'd try that, and I've made my own before, simple butterscotch with vape wild base. It was good. Did you ever try nic vape? An ad for them magically appeared under your post :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Look you can't ask questions about a black box company then refuse to name them and expect useful answers. Sorry. Also, I highly doubt your ONE opinion posted on an e-cig board is going to "hurt" their sales in any way, uh, no offense. People that like said company will still do so, and will be unlikely to be "swayed" by your thoughts.

Nicotine is sourced from many different companies and countries. I'm not sure how much it matters where your nicotine is FROM what matters more is that it is USP grade (pharmacy grade) meaning little to no impurities in the product.

You sound like you feel ready to start DIY. It is less expensive than buying premade liquid certainly, although there is more labor involved as well as a learning curve. But if that's what you think you want to do, have at it.

Lots of great resources on the DIY board.

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
New Jersey
Look you can't ask questions about a black box company then refuse to name them and expect useful answers. Sorry. Also, I highly doubt your ONE opinion posted on an e-cig board is going to "hurt" their sales in any way, uh, no offense. People that like said company will still do so, and will be unlikely to be "swayed" by your thoughts.

Nicotine is sourced from many different companies and countries. I'm not sure how much it matters where your nicotine is FROM what matters more is that it is USP grade (pharmacy grade) meaning little to no impurities in the product.

You sound like you feel ready to start DIY. It is less expensive than buying premade liquid certainly, although there is more labor involved as well as a learning curve. But if that's what you think you want to do, have at it.

Lots of great resources on the DIY board.
Mmm, I think you might be right, my idea was to support local workers but if it's the local company that's outsourcing then... I'm ready to diy but now I have two 120's that'll last me two months. I didn't ask a question about that company. :)

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Mmm, I think you might be right, my idea was to support local workers but if it's the local company that's outsourcing then... I'm ready to diy but now I have two 120's that'll last me two months
Gives you time to cruise this thread. I'd work my way backwards a few pages at a time, lot of good info
Nicotine Comparisons

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
But I'd like to ask, is all vaping tobacco foreign sourced?

No it is not all foreign sourced. It will depend on the company.

For example, Kai's Virgin Vapors says
Our USP pharmaceutical grade Kosher nicotine is extracted from tobacco leaves grown in the United States that is 99.97% pure. We keep our nicotine under refrigeration until it is mixed for your use to ensure freshness and full potency.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Is all that stuff safe?
The FDA establishes some guide lines. The fact of the matter is nothing is safe. Some chemicals are safer to ingest than others. I try only go with ingredients that have been manufactured to US and Free World recognized standards.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Switzerland and the UK make some of the most pure nicotine in the world. To be honest I would trust nic from there before the US :) The other comments are correct though its purity that matters and there are lots of countries around the world which operate to safe standards just like the US do.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Your question can be abstracted to the generic "What about nicotine quality" without naming a vendor, and that's fine.

Mostly great answers above.

As mentioned, if you want to really know for sure, you have to DIY your own juice. Some/Many manufacturers/distributors of nic-base provide nicotine purity info from certified lab tests.

I use NudeNicotine, if that matters. Interesting site, and they provide nic testing services to others too.

The thing is...most nic is extracted from tobacco, because of tobacco's high nic content. They try to purify it to a reasonable degree, but they can only get "so far" without major additional costs. As you allude to, some may care more than others.

And you're right, it does NOT hurt to ask. Welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I only get flavors from them. I mix with salts, I order from LNW (Liquid Nicotine Wholesale) or NR (Nicotine River). Prefer LNW, only because customer service is excellent.
Hey @Letitia, I was thinking of switching from regular nicotine to salts for my diy. Was there much of a difference you noticed when you changed nicotine? Did you have to lower the mg’s due to better absorption? Also was there a change in the throat hit? I wasn’t sure if I should get smooth or hit salts. I like some throat hit but was worried hit salts may provide too much because I’m going to be using it somewhere between 20-30mg’s but didn’t know if smooth meant I’d get no TH. Any experience and/or information you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I like some throat hit but was worried hit salts may provide too much because I’m going to be using it somewhere between 20-30mg’s but didn’t know if smooth meant I’d get no TH. Any experience and/or information you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

In my opinion, "smooth" has no throat hit at all. I like their "smooth" version since I substitute the cooling effect of mint or menthol or koolada in place of throat hit. I've never tried their "hit" version but if you want a throat hit then that's the one you want. I realize that lots of folks like throat hit but keep in mind that it's only throat irritation. The drug effect of nicotine is the same with "smooth" and "hit". The enjoyment of throat hit is mostly mental. Smokers are conditioned to the feeback.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I have the hit and the smooth from NR and there is a difference. I have never mixed it that high for myself but I have a friend that vapes the "hit" at 36mg and loves it. I highly advise you that if you are going to mix that high to get the highest mg you can, that way you will use less in a mix. It does change the flavor at higher levels

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread