Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hey @Letitia, I was thinking of switching from regular nicotine to salts for my diy. Was there much of a difference you noticed when you changed nicotine? Did you have to lower the mg’s due to better absorption? Also was there a change in the throat hit? I wasn’t sure if I should get smooth or hit salts. I like some throat hit but was worried hit salts may provide too much because I’m going to be using it somewhere between 20-30mg’s but didn’t know if smooth meant I’d get no TH. Any experience and/or information you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
I don’t get any th from LNW salts or NR smooth salts. This is why I use salts as I don't care for th. IMO there is no reason to use salts over freebase unless you are looking to reduce or eliminate throat hit. You would mix salts exactly as you do your freebase, same mg/ml. If you are looking to raise your nic mg you might use the salts with your freebase to soften the th, if not the extra cost has no gains that I can think of.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don’t get any th from LNW salts or NR smooth salts. This is why I use salts as I don't care for th. IMO there is no reason to use salts over freebase unless you are looking to reduce or eliminate throat hit. You would mix salts exactly as you do your freebase, same mg/ml. If you are looking to raise your nic mg you might use the salts with your freebase to soften the th, if not the extra cost has no gains that I can think of.
Thanks for the info. I was wanting to use it for the nice nic buzz I get from it. I think I’ll try the hit salt so I get a little bite.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for the info. I was wanting to use it for the nice nic buzz I get from it. I think I’ll try the hit salt so I get a little bite.
There is no added nic buzz that I notice unless I use a higher percentage. YMMV, some swear salts work faster. Maybe it just isn't like that for me.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
But I'd like to ask, is all vaping tobacco foreign sourced?
The only truly "made in the USA" (US-sourced tobacco; processed in the US) nicotine I am aware of, is Carolina Xtration Technologies. It has been considered one of the ultra premium nicotine offerings (and priced like it is too!). Just my opinion; but I think the cost makes it prohibitive for commercial e-liquid manufacturers, so it is not used (that I know of).

They do sell to individuals; so if you decide to venture into DIY, you could use them... if cost is no concern.

• Informative
Reactions: Gregjl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread