Done with Vaporesso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
On 09 Oct 2018, I started the process of a warranty claim with Vaporesso. The item was a Cascade Mini starter kit that I had purchased for my girlfriend. It was purchased on 29 August 2018. It quickly started frying coils. Not the way it should, slowly and over time, but I’m talking about an immediate surge that left the coils black and unusable. The final straw was when the the stick was sitting upright and untouched on a desk and just fired on its own. So anyhow, I start the warranty process. The company is in China, which means you really only get to send one email per day back and forth unless you’re up at 2am. About the 2nd or 3rd email exchange, I was asked to try the stick with another tank to see if the problem was the mod or the tank. Okay??? It’s not the tank. Do I really have to explain that the tank just sits there waiting for power to be applied. Anyhow, I told her (the rep) that I had owned this product for less than 2 months and it had been faulty for at least a month of that time. I said it was not my job to troubleshoot their defective products, but if they wanted it back, I would send it and they could troubleshoot it. My job is to purchase and vape. So they agreed to send a replacement. They then told me that they didn’t have the mini in stock but would send a silver or blue full size. My girlfriend like the smaller version that she had picked in rainbow and didn’t want another color or even size. They said they would have them in stock in about a week and would send it when received. About 2-3 weeks later, we get a call. Still not in stock but now they can send a full size rainbow option. My girlfriend agreed that that would be fine. Why so long to call back? That was at least 6 weeks ago and we still haven’t received a replacement. This is total bull..... I have purchased a few products that have shipped from China and received them in less than 2 weeks. I have also had issues with other products from other companies and have had the items replaced in a matter of days. I was also not asked to troubleshoot the defective products prior to replacement. This is the reply I received when informing them that I wasn’t happy with it being 6 weeks or so since they said they shipped and I still haven’t received the replacement.

Dear Jason,
Thanks for your reply!
I am so sorry to hear your comments.
As we know, this is normal aftersales process.
Or you can just claim warranty from your own retailer if it is complicate for you now.

So it’s normal for it to take this long??? Ridiculous! I am done with Vaporesso. I had even stood in a vape shop before and encouraged a customer to buy a Vaporesso product when they were deciding on a mod. Never again. Customer service goes a long way. This stuff is electronic and things can and will go wrong. That’s were a company has the opportunity to excel or fail, and Vaporesso, I hope someone in your company sees this and realizes that it is indeed a fail. I may be one customer, but a lot of people in the vaping community are going to see this, so maybe you should tighten up the “normal aftersales process” a bit.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I have and they just don’t do it that way. It’s a pretty good store overall, but it’s also the only one within about an hour and a half of me, and they have a very short time for returns. Even if they did do something, it doesn’t fix a thing as far as the service I’ve received from Vaporesso. That’s my issue. We’ve moved on and my girlfriend has a new mod. Neither of us will ever touch a Vaporesso product again. Way to many options out there to be dealing with this garbage. I don’t care if I ever get the replacement, I’m simply done with this company.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I have and they just don’t do it that way. It’s a pretty good store overall, but it’s also the only one within about an hour and a half of me, and they have a very short time for returns. Even if they did do something, it doesn’t fix a thing as far as the service I’ve received from Vaporesso. That’s my issue. We’ve moved on and my girlfriend has a new mod. Neither of us will ever touch a Vaporesso product again. Way to many options out there to be dealing with this garbage. I don’t care if I ever get the replacement, I’m simply done with this company.
Also, their products could be among the greatest available, but as long as I have viable options to purchase besides theirs, I most certainly will. My problem is not with the quality of their products, it’s with the service I have received (or lack thereof).

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Also, their products could be among the greatest available, but as long as I have viable options to purchase besides theirs, I most certainly will. My problem is not with the quality of their products, it’s with the service I have received (or lack thereof).
Bear in mind, I only started this process 67 days ago. At what point should I just be done with a company?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My only suggestion is whatever you choose to spend your money on, but it from a vendor who supports the product after sale. Some offer 30 days and others longer. I wouldn't buy from a store with a very limited return period. If your local store isn't helpful for postsales support, find a new vendor. The web is filled with them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, IDK the whole story but did you get the retailer you bought it from to contact Vapresso and say they absolutely refused the return?

Seems to me your issue is with the RETAILER and not vaperesso and I probably would have done a charge back the moment they refused to honor the warranty process IN THE WAY the manufacturer requests, PERIOD. Vapresso does not have to warranty before a certain period of time because that is the way it is set UP.

I get that you are annoyed with Vapresso and should they have gone the extra mile, and replaced their product to get and keep a happy customer, well, perhaps yes.

But their failure to give you what the retailer is bound to give you is NOT their problem or fault.

You should certainly buy other products if you prefer, but I still don't see Vapresesso at fault here and I would have been upset with THE RETAILER.

Direct your ire in the correct place, and do a charge back. I bet you still maybe could. Also, stop using that retailer, I don't buy stuff new from places who won't honor a standard in the industry warranty it is not worth my time, frankly.

Anna

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
My only suggestion is whatever you choose to spend your money on, but it from a vendor who supports the product after sale. Some offer 30 days and others longer. I wouldn't buy from a store with a very limited return period. If your local store isn't helpful for postsales support, find a new vendor. The web is filled with them.
Why do we keep making it about the store? I’m talking about Vaporesso’s customer service.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I buy something from Gearbest and it’s here in a week and a half at most. Vaporesso ships something and 6 weeks later, I’m still waiting. There isn’t a problem here??? I don’t even remember all the details, but I think the store has a 30 day policy and then you deal with the company. I live in bfe and just don’t have a ton of options. I know in a larger area with other stores, it might be different. All of that being said, where in my original post does Vaporesso look like they are giving even remotely decent customer service? I have a Mach On3. I love it. First one I bought, the screen went out when squonking. They had another one at my door in 3 days. It has worked splendidly. Now that’s what I’m talking about. Good service.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Everyone is talking about the store, because that is where you purchased it, and that is where you should have gotten the warranty.

I do not understand..... Why you do not understand this concept.

Store-- warranty for a period of time.

Manufacturer MAY warranty for a longer period of time. Etc. They don't have to. The good ones do but I have to be frank, if I were the person at Vapresso trying to tell you to go to the store like 7 times and you ignored it, well I'd be a bit beside myself, frankly.

I have never had to warranty a Vapresso product because mine have all been operational.

I'm pretty hard on mods myself, but all this warranty this, fix this and comparison stuff also makes me wonder if you know how to vape. No offense. But, I am pretty hard on mods and I don't break them frequently, even.

There are a few makers that I stay away from because they are not good FOR ME, like Kangertech for example. But I don't make long, expressive rants about how I hate them and etc. It's just worthless and useless, they are good mods, but not for me.

You have determined that about Vapresso in your own mind. THAT'S FINE. You don't need to try to convince the ENTIRE WORLD they suck and receive external validation, honestly you don't.

I happen to hate Gearbest, but to each his own, right?

I'm serious about the mod thing though maybe watch some reviews on the gear you are getting?

Anyway, other than trying to convince you of your error in annoyance which, like, you don't seem to GET, well, not too many people care and I am fairly certain anyone who likes Vapressso and who has successfully warrantied their product if needed is going to care.

I get that YOU care, but I do feel you could do it more quietly. Really go sit in the corner for a while and care a LOT. Then get on with your life (including your vaping life.)

Jeez

Anna

• Love
Reactions: PatVapes

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Vape shops are NOT the guarantor of the warranty.. The manufacturer is.. I get what you are saying @Murphy2278....

Most vape shops I've dealt with will only act as an intermediate for you if needed. Some might offer a refund and deal with the manufacturer but I assume that would only be within their specified return period. I assume many vape shops have a no return policy as well...

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced OP.. Hopefully at some point your issues is resolved. If not chalk it up to a bad experience and move on but thanks for sharing your story so others can learn from it..

• Useful

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Everyone is talking about the store, because that is where you purchased it, and that is where you should have gotten the warranty.

I do not understand..... Why you do not understand this concept.

Store-- warranty for a period of time.

Manufacturer MAY warranty for a longer period of time. Etc. They don't have to. The good ones do but I have to be frank, if I were the person at Vapresso trying to tell you to go to the store like 7 times and you ignored it, well I'd be a bit beside myself, frankly.

I have never had to warranty a Vapresso product because mine have all been operational.

I'm pretty hard on mods myself, but all this warranty this, fix this and comparison stuff also makes me wonder if you know how to vape. No offense. But, I am pretty hard on mods and I don't break them frequently, even.

There are a few makers that I stay away from because they are not good FOR ME, like Kangertech for example. But I don't make long, expressive rants about how I hate them and etc. It's just worthless and useless, they are good mods, but not for me.

You have determined that about Vapresso in your own mind. THAT'S FINE. You don't need to try to convince the ENTIRE WORLD they suck and receive external validation, honestly you don't.

I happen to hate Gearbest, but to each his own, right?

I'm serious about the mod thing though maybe watch some reviews on the gear you are getting?

Anyway, other than trying to convince you of your error in annoyance which, like, you don't seem to GET, well, not too many people care and I am fairly certain anyone who likes Vapressso and who has successfully warrantied their product if needed is going to care.

I get that YOU care, but I do feel you could do it more quietly. Really go sit in the corner for a while and care a LOT. Then get on with your life (including your vaping life.)

Jeez

Anna
While you’re explaining to me a concept that I’m unable to grasp, would you mind telling me where I said that Vaporesso told me to contact the store even once, let alone 7 times? That never happened. They never said to do that and I never said that they did.

• Optimistic

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I have to say even Smoks customer service was better than what Vaporesso is giving you. My procolor stopped working 4 months after purchase and after who knows how many drops. The merchant I ordered from had a 3 month warranty and Smok had 6 months so I contacted Smok. They sent me a shipping label and within 3 weeks I had another Smok procolor that worked. It wasn't the same color and the box wasn't returned but I didn't care. I was impressed with Smoks dedication to their customers. Vaporesso seems to have forgotten about good customer service and doesn't seem to care. I'll remember your experience next time I consider buying something from Vaporesso.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
While you’re explaining to me a concept that I’m unable to grasp, would you mind telling me where I said that Vaporesso told me to contact the store even once, let alone 7 times? That never happened. They never said to do that and I never said that they did.

Sometimes people don't read the post or they do and just want to force an opinion on you..

You said in the original post:

I had owned this product for less than 2 months and it had been faulty for at least a month of that time.

So based on that, I already assumed you were well past any return period that a vape shop may have had... I don't know of any place, vape shop or not, that offers returns for life..

If they had a return period you were already well past it... The vape shop might act as an intermediate but that's about it. Some might go above and beyond of you are a long time customer who spends a lot of cash but I'd certainly not expect that either..

What I'd expect after 2 months is for the vape shop to tell me, or assist me, in contacting the manufacturer for warranty. You've obviously done that so not sure why some are saying go to the store or blame the store...

Good luck!

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
It definitely appears that you make a ton of assumptions and don’t thoroughly read what you are commenting on. I had a ..... about Vaporesso and I shared. That’s that. They told me they shipped something 6 weeks ago and I’ve yet to see it. All of the store warranties in the world doesn’t negate that fact. They never told me to contact the store either. I did move on and I purchased her another mod and we are fine. I shared an experience that I found to be ridiculous. I also shared a post of someone else experiencing the same sort of thing, so that just might mean something. I didn’t come here to fight with you or anyone else. Have it your way though.

• Optimistic

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I have to say even Smoks customer service was better than what Vaporesso is giving you. My procolor stopped working 4 months after purchase and after who knows how many drops. The merchant I ordered from had a 3 month warranty and Smok had 6 months so I contacted Smok. They sent me a shipping label and within 3 weeks I had another Smok procolor that worked. It wasn't the same color and the box wasn't returned but I didn't care. I was impressed with Smoks dedication to their customers. Vaporesso seems to have forgotten about good customer service and doesn't seem to care. I'll remember your experience next time I consider buying something from Vaporesso.
I suspect that's because Smok has to employ a small army to keep up with all of their warranty claims :lol:

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Sometimes people don't read the post or they do and just want to force an opinion on you..

You said in the original post:

I had owned this product for less than 2 months and it had been faulty for at least a month of that time.

So based on that, I already assumed you were well past any return period that a vape shop may have had... I don't know of any place, vape shop or not, that offers returns for life..

If they had a return period you were already well past it... The vape shop might act as an intermediate but that's about it. Some might go above and beyond of you are a long time customer who spends a lot of cash but I'd certainly not expect that either..

What I'd expect after 2 months if for the vape shop to tell me, or assist me, in contacting the manufacturer for warranty. You've obviously done that so not sure why some are saying go to the store or blame the store...

Good luck!
Thank for actually reading. It was just short of 2 months after purchase that I started the process. The store had 30 days. Not really sure if that’s good, bad, or average. Anyhow, I’m not here to fight with anyone or any of that. Just sharing an email experience. We are all consumers. If you take over 6 weeks to ship me something and then tell me it’s “the process”, you’re damn right I’m gonna let some people know.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Thank for actually reading. It was just short of 2 months after purchase that I started the process. The store had 30 days. Not really sure if that’s good, bad, or average. Anyhow, I’m not here to fight with anyone or any of that. Just sharing an email experience. We are all consumers. If you take over 6 weeks to ship me something and then tell me it’s “the process”, you’re damn right I’m gonna let some people know.

I'd say a 30 day return period from a vape shop is very good!

Hope you get it resolved and thanks for sharing your story. It might help someone else who is getting ready to buy or order one of their products...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread