Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I understand being frustrated with a company over warranty related service but this forum (ECF) has rules against people making threads like this against registered forum suppliers who have their own forums where you can post to resolve issues with them or speak to them about their products.

vaporesso has their own forum on this website, and cannot post outside of their forum section - even to defend themselves, so it's morally wrong to not give them a chance to speak for themselves and answer your post.

Vaporesso

^^^^ there is their forum. Post there. Forum rules.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
On 09 Oct 2018, I started the process of a warranty claim with Vaporesso. The item was a Cascade Mini starter kit that I had purchased for my girlfriend. It was purchased on 29 August 2018. It quickly started frying coils. Not the way it should, slowly and over time, but I’m talking about an immediate surge that left the coils black and unusable. The final straw was when the the stick was sitting upright and untouched on a desk and just fired on its own. So anyhow, I start the warranty process. The company is in China, which means you really only get to send one email per day back and forth unless you’re up at 2am. About the 2nd or 3rd email exchange, I was asked to try the stick with another tank to see if the problem was the mod or the tank. Okay??? It’s not the tank. Do I really have to explain that the tank just sits there waiting for power to be applied. Anyhow, I told her (the rep) that I had owned this product for less than 2 months and it had been faulty for at least a month of that time. I said it was not my job to troubleshoot their defective products, but if they wanted it back, I would send it and they could troubleshoot it. My job is to purchase and vape. So they agreed to send a replacement. They then told me that they didn’t have the mini in stock but would send a silver or blue full size. My girlfriend like the smaller version that she had picked in rainbow and didn’t want another color or even size. They said they would have them in stock in about a week and would send it when received. About 2-3 weeks later, we get a call. Still not in stock but now they can send a full size rainbow option. My girlfriend agreed that that would be fine. Why so long to call back? That was at least 6 weeks ago and we still haven’t received a replacement. This is total bull..... I have purchased a few products that have shipped from China and received them in less than 2 weeks. I have also had issues with other products from other companies and have had the items replaced in a matter of days. I was also not asked to troubleshoot the defective products prior to replacement. This is the reply I received when informing them that I wasn’t happy with it being 6 weeks or so since they said they shipped and I still haven’t received the replacement.

Dear Jason,
Thanks for your reply!
I am so sorry to hear your comments.
As we know, this is normal aftersales process.
Or you can just claim warranty from your own retailer if it is complicate for you now.

So it’s normal for it to take this long??? Ridiculous! I am done with Vaporesso. I had even stood in a vape shop before and encouraged a customer to buy a Vaporesso product when they were deciding on a mod. Never again. Customer service goes a long way. This stuff is electronic and things can and will go wrong. That’s were a company has the opportunity to excel or fail, and Vaporesso, I hope someone in your company sees this and realizes that it is indeed a fail. I may be one customer, but a lot of people in the vaping community are going to see this, so maybe you should tighten up the “normal aftersales process” a bit.
Hey, welcome to the forum. I get your frustration. Luckily when I was new to vaping and used a Vaporesso product I never had an issue. Actually I still have the device and it still works.

I do think vape companies in general can all improve with their customer service, there are some that are excellent though.

Good luck with the new device.

Last edited:

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
67 days is a long time but I think my warranty replacement from Voopoo took longer.

I have had to go through trouble shooting each time I did a warranty request--that does seem common. Suorin and Voopoo both asked that I make a video of the problem and send it to them.
They did ask for that but it was impossible for the most part. It was a very intermittent issue. A coil would be fine for days and all of a sudden, it surges and it’s fried. When it just fired on its own, that was the last straw. I wasn’t using the mod and tbh, I thought maybe she was doing something, but after the firing on it’s own, I knew that wasn’t the case. Anyhow, I might be done with Voopoo too if I had that experience. I’ve had a few issues with things in the past. Anyone that has vaped for any period of time has. I’ll stick to the companies that have good customer service and timely shipping. I know it’s not always going to be 3 days, but they can do better than 67.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I understand being frustrated with a company over warranty related service but this forum (ECF) has rules against people making threads like this against registered forum suppliers who have their own forums where you can post to resolve issues with them or speak to them about their products.

Vaporesso has their own forum on this website, and cannot post outside of their forum section - even to defend themselves, so it's morally wrong to not give them a chance to speak for themselves and answer your post.

Vaporesso

^^^^ there is their forum. Post there. Forum rules.
I was not aware of that. I do apologize if I broke a forum rule. That being said, I’ve had enough of talking to them. I tried and was told that’s just how it is. I won’t comment further since it’s the rules of the forum, but I won’t be going to their section to hash it out either. As my post was titled, Done with Vaporesso.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I was not aware of that. I do apologize if I broke a forum rule. That being said, I’ve had enough of talking to them. I tried and was told that’s just how it is. I won’t comment further since it’s the rules of the forum, but I won’t be going to their section to hash it out either. As my post was titled, Done with Vaporesso.

Maybe you can ask a moderator to move the thread there just to cover your rear end and then just not respond if Vaporesso chimes in...

Heck I've been here since 2010 and didn't know they had their own area.. LOL

Either way, maybe if you ever get the replacement you can sell it and get some of your cash back OR keep it as an emergency spare..

Good luck!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

If your not even willing to post to discuss your problems with Vaperesso representatives who can work to resolve your issues then I have zero reason to believe your "opinion" about your service experience.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe you can ask a moderator to move the thread there just to cover your rear end and then just not respond if Vaporesso chimes in...

Heck I've been here since 2010 and didn't know they had their own area.. LOL

Either way, maybe if you ever get the replacement you can sell it and get some of your cash back OR keep it as an emergency spare..

Good luck!
They can move or not, doesn’t matter to me. No further comment and no further business with a certain company, end of story.

• Optimistic

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I did deal with them. I started 67 days ago. That ship has sailed.

So you say...

I have no reason to believe a perfect stranger on the internet who won't even speak to those who have the ability to resolve an issue.

You've been here what? A minute?

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
i get where you are coming from ,i had a bad warranty experience with Evolv ,so i will no longer use their products either

Best way to do it.. Vote with your $$$.... If enough do it, they'll either fix issues or go belly up...

I've been pretty lucky in all my years of vaping as I've only had a few issues. I try to buy from US manufacturers but since most have closed up because they can't compete with China prices, there are not many left....

I did have to deal with a Chinese company once a few years ago on a non vape related product and it dragged on forever with emails back and forth.. I finally gave up and just tossed the item as it really was not worth the effort....

I've never owned a Vaporesso product so I can't speak to them but most all these Chinese manufacturers operate in a similar manner, customer support wise that is.. Email only and it's slooooooooooooooow...

• Optimistic

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
So you say...

You could also be paid by a competing company to trash their reputation...

I have no reason to believe a perfect stranger on the internet.
Then don’t believe it. You want the email correspondence? It doesn’t cover what was said on the phone, but it’s proof that an issue took place. I even cut and pasted a piece of it in the original comment, but I’m sure I probably made that up. You informed me of the rules and I stopped. Delete the post if that’s the right thing to do. The title is Done with Vaporesso and that’s what I am. I have moved on from their products. I’m doing fine. I posted because their answer of it being “the process” was ridiculous and I’m a consumer sharing my experience with other consumers. You think I haven’t been in touch with their people? That’s what this whole thing is about. I’m done with them. I don’t care if I ever get the product. Now you asked me to stop and I have every intention of stopping, but this isn’t a made up story and I simply don’t want to deal with them anymore.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Then don’t believe it. You want the email correspondence? It doesn’t cover what was said on the phone, but it’s proof that an issue took place. I even cut and pasted a piece of it in the original comment, but I’m sure I probably made that up. You informed me of the rules and I stopped. Delete the post if that’s the right thing to do. The title is Done with Vaporesso and that’s what I am. I have moved on from their products. I’m doing fine. I posted because their answer of it being “the process” was ridiculous and I’m a consumer sharing my experience with other consumers. You think I haven’t been in touch with their people? That’s what this whole thing is about. I’m done with them. I don’t care if I ever get the product. Now you asked me to stop and I have every intention of stopping, but this isn’t a made up story and I simply don’t want to deal with them anymore.

Then don't deal with them if you don't want.

But if you don't deal with anyone then no one can resolve your issue (provided there even was an issue)

Kind of a double edged sword that..

But if you dont deal with anyone then you've really got nothing to complain about.

• Agree

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Then don't deal with them if you don't want.

But if you don't deal with anyone then no one can resolve your issue (provided there even was an issue)

Kind of a double edged sword that..

But if you dont deal with anyone then you've really got nothing to complain about.
I’ve been dealing with them since 09 October! Here it is!!! You told me to stop and then you keep it going. Here is the proof that there was an issue. I was being reasonable. I shared a story. I was informed of the rules and wasn’t going to say a word. The point of this was that I got a new mod and moved on and I’m done. I shared the story. If I wanted to talk to them anymore, I’d be on their site and not here.

Attachments

• 8F362B4F-F2E1-4092-BD1E-BF7C8F053A88.png
    8F362B4F-F2E1-4092-BD1E-BF7C8F053A88.png
    160 KB · Views: 12
  • B1B11122-BD37-48CB-968A-5262460D38FC.png
    B1B11122-BD37-48CB-968A-5262460D38FC.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 11
  • A86EE24F-334D-4EFB-AB5A-E3F155C5C18C.png
    A86EE24F-334D-4EFB-AB5A-E3F155C5C18C.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 58C32ED3-5049-41FD-9811-C9F8BCBE01CF.png
    58C32ED3-5049-41FD-9811-C9F8BCBE01CF.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 0706E8C0-E357-4196-82FF-3635C8EC8AE3.png
    0706E8C0-E357-4196-82FF-3635C8EC8AE3.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ABE30CE9-F656-4BCA-820E-FA4A5DD220B2.png
    ABE30CE9-F656-4BCA-820E-FA4A5DD220B2.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 50A58297-CE52-4F53-A262-D70136E9C6D9.png
    50A58297-CE52-4F53-A262-D70136E9C6D9.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 0BA6C2C5-A716-4080-90C6-FBC7CCA21F2E.png
    0BA6C2C5-A716-4080-90C6-FBC7CCA21F2E.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DD39C25E-263F-48D4-9A81-13BB1563A831.png
    DD39C25E-263F-48D4-9A81-13BB1563A831.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I’ve been dealing with them since 09 October! Here it is!!! I probably get banned for this but I don’t care. Go suck a dick you ....! You told me to stop and then you keep it going. Here is the proof that there was an issue. I was being reasonable. I shared a story. I was informed of the rules and wasn’t going to say a word. The point of this was that I got a new mod and moved on and I’m done. I shared the story. If I wanted to talk to them anymore, I’d be on their site and not here. Go .... yourself. I’m sure I’ll be banned so best wishes to everyone else.

If you've got a problem with someone you tell them to their face not others behind someone's back.

So tell them. Not me. Them.

This is your opportunity to make an escalation in your case and speak to someone who might be able to help far more directly than an email.

• Agree
Reactions: bask

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
If you've got a problem with someone you tell them to their face not others behind someone's back.

So tell them. Not me. Them.

This is your opportunity to make an escalation in your case and speak to someone who might be able to help far more directly than an email.
I did tell them. They told me it’s the process. They apparently don’t see a reason with something taking more than 6 weeks to ship. I DID tell them. Now I’m sharing a negative experience. I thought this would be the place to do it. C’mon man. People put their experiences with companies in related forums all the time. This is the age of the internet. They stopped replying to me. If you see the last pic I posted, that’s where it ended. They told me it’s the process and then they ended it. Once again, this whole thing can be deleted and I’ll never speak a negative word about Vaporesso here again. Fair enough. You seem to be overlooking the fact that I’ve been talking to them for over 2 months now. It’s like when you finally break up with someone. You’re just done. Nothing more to discuss. That’s where I stand, I’m done.

• Optimistic

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So you don't want to deal with them? Just attack them in a public forum where it's impossible for them to defend themselves?

Customer service must be a miserably thankless job when you've got to deal with folks who can't be told anything.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
So you don't want to deal with them? Just attack them in a public forum where it's impossible for them to defend themselves?

Customer service must be a miserably thankless job when you've got to deal with folks who can't be told anything.
I posted the correspondence. I also posted a link to another complaint. More can be found by utilizing the Google. They can do better and I told them that and they ended the conversation. Take this post and place it on their page or whatever. Please do. Fact is, I’m done purchasing their products. They are a huge company and I’m one person. They will be fine regardless of their lacking of good customer service. By all means, move the post. Let them explain. I wanted to gripe and share, not discuss further with them. Once again, see the title. Done.

• Optimistic

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I did tell them. They told me it’s the process. They apparently don’t see a reason with something taking more than 6 weeks to ship. I DID tell them. Now I’m sharing a negative experience. I thought this would be the place to do it. C’mon man. People put their experiences with companies in related forums all the time. This is the age of the internet. They stopped replying to me. If you see the last pic I posted, that’s where it ended. They told me it’s the process and then they ended it. Once again, this whole thing can be deleted and I’ll never speak a negative word about Vaporesso here again. Fair enough. You seem to be overlooking the fact that I’ve been talking to them for over 2 months now. It’s like when you finally break up with someone. You’re just done. Nothing more to discuss. That’s where I stand, I’m done.

If I buy something at Walmart and that thing has an issue, I return the product to Walmart while its under warranty with Walmart.

Most people do not deal directly with manufactures, and prefer instead to deal with upstanding retailers who take that responsibility for us.

Therefore, your looking at a manufacter who is used to dealing with retailers whom they have a relationship with for this sort of thing and aren't usually set up so much to deal with individual customers.

That said, shipping from China can take a long time... a couple months on the long end if I order from FastTech, although usually 3 weeks but they are a retailer not a manufacter.

I would expect it to take longer for a manufacter to get out a product to me, to be perfectly honest.. and China post is notoriously slow ..

Some manufacturers have excellent warranty departments, others not so much.. it's always a crap shoot when dealing with a manufacturer..

I'd have patience and just keep reminding them I exist, and take every opportunity to escalate that I could.

Last edited:

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
If I buy something at Walmart and that thing has an issue, I return the product to Walmart while its under warranty with Walmart.

Most people do not deal directly with manufactures, and prefer instead to deal with upstanding retailers who take that responsibility for us.

Therefore, your looking at a manufacter who is used to dealing with retailers whom they have a relationship with for this sort of thing and aren't usually set up so much to deal with individual customers.

That said, shipping from China can take a long time... a couple months on the long end of I order from FastTech, although usually 3 weeks but they are a retailer not a manufacter.

I would expect it to take longer for a manufacter to get out a product to me, to be perfectly honest.. and China post is notoriously slow ..

Some manufacturers have excellent warranty departments, others not so much.. it's always a crap shoot when dealing with a manufacturer..

I'd have patience and just keep reminding them I exist, and take every opportunity to escalate that I could.

I was supported to get a coupon for a free tomato sauce from hunts a few months ago because I had a product related issue - I'm still waiting on my coupon..
Now we are getting somewhere. I agree with you. I did mention ordering from Gearbest in the past. What I didn’t mention was that I don’t any longer based on the fact they are in China. They did get me the products in about 2 weeks time, but American companies do it in 3-5 days. I’ve had good customer experience with a few companies. USV and Geekvape are two that come to immediate mind. They got it right and they get a returning customer. Anyhow, to my knowledge the item has already been shipped and is apparently on the world’s slowest tugboat. I’ll get it at some point and it’ll probably never make it out of the box. I’ll take it to the vape shop and hopefully trade it for a new RDA or RTA and get some satisfaction in the end. Then the new RTA will break this whole thing will start over. Lol

• Creative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread