Not open for further replies.

btngchck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Gibraltar, MI
SARA YOU ROCK!!!!!

We know the two of you bend over backwards to help us out!

Something to think about.......Sometimes we run across those people that just don't want to be satisfied. That is their happiness....in a kind of sick twisted way they like to be miserable. It doesn't matter what you do or say they will never be satisfied. They are living with a cup half (or more) empty. Sad they are letting the joy pass them by.

Yes, we all know they shouldn't take it out on others. It makes them feel better to berate others. Kind of like a bully. Be thankful the experience is over. They'll move on to another unsuspecting wonderful person when they realize the fight for them no longer exists.

We on the other hand can make sure Sara & Jay know they are appreciated! AND WE LOVE OUR GLV'S!!

Last edited:
I hope Sara sees this and knows how much we appreciate her.We always got your back Girl!

The fact that anyone can complain about customer service with these guys when, going in, they know it's pretty much a one man operation, AND it's a new product, completely baffles me.

Be patient, for (Almighty)God's sake (see what I did there? Pretty clever!!). There's nothing so life-pressing that you have to have this thing in your hand tomorrow. Quality over all else. Sara, Jay, keep doing what you're doing. I hope that customers like that are few and far between for you guys...

Kpoc

Jun 2, 2011
KY
Jay and Sara are awesome, first I called today to check on my mini since I am headed back to Afghanistan soon. Jay answered and was completely honest in the fact that Sara would have a better idea but was out. So I called back later and got to talk with Sara, she informed me where I was in the line for my mini. I mentioned I was headed back to Afghanistan soon and Sara said she would get it to me before I left. the costumer service at GLV is top notch, where else can you talk directly to the designer and owner of a company to get answers.

The fact that anyone can complain about customer service with these guys when, going in, they know it's pretty much a one man operation, AND it's a new product, completely baffles me.

Be patient, for (Almighty)God's sake (see what I did there? Pretty clever!!). There's nothing so life-pressing that you have to have this thing in your hand tomorrow. Quality over all else. Sara, Jay, keep doing what you're doing. I hope that customers like that are few and far between for you guys...

I take that back; there are some things that are pressing like Kpoc's Afghanistan return mission. If it were an issue, simply because he's going over to hostile territory, I'd totally donate my GLV-3 to his cause (alas, I'm in round 2, so I couldn't do it even if I wanted to at this point). Kudos to you for doing what others can't, Kpoc. Keep safe, man.

marcalbar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Philippines
Have never spoken to Jay nor Sara but have exchanged numerous emails. They have always gone out of their way to serve their customers.

Here is GLV's forum where Jay posts everything about his products. (Dates, availabilities, etc.)

All we have to do is read thru it. It's that simple. He has also posted his telephone # for any questions.

It's just a matter of breeding, some people have it, some don't.

Jay and Sara, cheers! You guys rock!

My 2 cents.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just saw this thread and have to chime in. Recently I've been in contact with Sara a few times. She's been kind and sweet at every turn.... whether it be by email or phone. (mostly email). My super mini was only in for a re-coat and it was right in the middle of Jay working on a fresh batch of GLV3s. I wouldn't expect mine to be a priority and yet they treated me with respect and class and got it out to me quickly.

Sara is wonderful to work with.
If any of you wanna scream at someone... PM me and I'll send you my phone number. I'll be glad to be the one that hangs up on you. It's the least I can do. :laugh:

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I work in customer service as well and absolutely can't stand when people "sound off" like that. It's an extremely poor display of character and shows nothing but lack of respect. I've only exchanged one email with Sara and she was extremely nice/pleasant and I've spoken to Jay on the phone once; also awesome to deal with.

Jay, I'm glad you're willing and able to put your foot down on stuff like this. There's no reason for someone to act like that and it's awesome for you to stick to your guns! :)

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
After reading through this thread I feel the need to chime in as well, as I was thinking of starting a thread regarding the customer service issue over at GLV. As the proud owner of a GLV (my first mod). Bought from another ECF member recently.
Not only did Jay offer to honor the warranty, but also to upgrade the unit for free! I was speechless on the phone with him while he explained the upgrade. I feel that they were both happy that I decided on a GLV, regardless of not buying it new from them. All the while, Sara has been extremely quick to email me back and forth. Called Jay multiple times this week; the phone gets picked up immediately, and he spends tons of time helping me out, with all that he has going on at the moment. He even joked, "try not to get too attached to it", lol...too late for that. Used the device for one great evening, and was in love with it. Know I want to keep it forever, so decided to send it back today for repair. Considering the facts, this is above and beyond customer service. Really am feeling the love from the GLV family here as well. Thanks to all.
I got a bad deal on the first car I ever bought, and learned the "if it sounds too good to true, it probably is" lesson. In this case, it doesn't apply. Can't help but want to support great people like that. As a 2 person operation, and with a new baby, I don't know how they do it. Amazing. I understand how waiting for it to get us is difficult, but I feel we are all extremely fortunate to not just have a device as unique as the GLV, but Jay and Sara in our lives....rant over, let's vape.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I'm sorry that happened to Sara. She doesn't deserve that. I have purchased six GLVs and have experienced exceptional CS. Having been through the waiting process a few times, a sprinkle of simple automation in customer contact could relieve much of the stress from anxious buyers and free up some of Sara's time to coddle the baby rather than new customers. And pre-written emails for the top 20 questions that can be personalized with a sentence or two could also be helpful. Like it or not, the GLV brand is in the Big Leagues. The stress will get greater, not less. Hang on to your wigs and keys you two - it's going to get crazy! You're wonderful people that make a superior product. Many are cheering for you. That's something to smile about :)

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
Geez. I've been AFK for a bit so pardon my lateness on this thread but......someone is being testy with Sara?? Jay & Sara bend over backwards for their cutomers. I had Jay calling ME one time because my GLV-3 was being funky. Customer service doesn't get any better than that.

Keep up the good work Jay & Sara!! We got your backs!!

okiedokiesmokie

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2011
Miami
I'll tell you one thing, I'm a receptionist and I know a thing or two about miserable people you can never please. Sara was INCREDIBLY helpful at EVERY turn, NEVER short, never condescending, never in anyway a bad customer service "representative", for lack of a better term, quite the contrary. GLV's quality AND customer service are the reason I know I'm going back to buy my own GLV3 after having purchased a GLV2 for dad.
Sara, your husband's right, the customer service of your company speaks for itself. You've been nothing but helpful and kind, and if someone thinks they can intimidate you (as many people in this country seem to think they have a right to do) to get their way faster, you don't need their business. You've got a boatload of people here saving up, not just to buy, but to buy AGAIN. Keep up the exceptional work!

(and congrats on the new baby!)

youreadeadmanapples

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
California
First and foremost, congrats on the baby and I wish your family a happy and healthy new year with countless more to come, now to the matter at hand, Sara you are a delightful person, hard worker and all around good human being! Jay you and your family make up the back bone of this country with your dedication to customer service and good manners! It takes a man to take care of HIS business but it takes a REAL MAN to defend his family! Very much respect to you and your home and keep up the good work Great Lakes family!

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I called Sara with probably more than my share of questions. I used probably three times my alotted time. She was calm, professional, knew what she was talking about and helped me choose the right GLV for me. She was patient and kind and made VERY SURE I was aware that there was lead time and how the system was working and that only one person was making the PVs. Kudos for her kindness and her time. When I was a new mother, I would have told me off! She is way too nice to be rude to. Just give me an addy. I am at the Jersey Shore and have a friend named "Stoney" with some fine cement shoes................LOL, jk.................*not really*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread