Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Maybe my filling is too low?
A little trial and error should help determine where the filler should stop. It's not that critical, just barely below the lip, and seat the cart with a tool... not by shoving it down with the atty. I imagine your problem is probably too much, too dense with the filler. These tiny carts don't need much.

The bottom half of my cart now contains a small spring cut from a ball point pen (just dropped in vertically) with a small amount of filler on top. So far I'm very pleased with the result.

I got the idea from here, from the ADP mod thread.

Ghalenlee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Manchester, CT
So, I've been playing with the dipping and driving problem for a bit now.

I had to try a couple different places in the car for the contact lens case, but finally got it in a comfortable, don't need to look place.

I stuck the case to the arm rest thingie on the door, put a couple drops in and I'm good for the entire drive to work.

Haven't used a cart with filler in over a week and I'm very happy with the drip/dip combo I've been doing. Lots of flavor, lots of vapor, and less work and cleanup for me.

Don't know how this is going to work if I ever venture out of the house somewhere like a bar or the movies, but I'm sure I'll read about or come up with something. Good thing I don't go out much.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
So, I've been playing with the dipping and driving problem for a bit now.

I had to try a couple different places in the car for the contact lens case, but finally got it in a comfortable, don't need to look place.

As I mentioned to jadeninja when I first saw this idea posted, simple is good!

Glad to see this worked for ya ghalen, I'm sure the other drivers on the road are happy as well! :D

I purchased an Evo/401 (mighty atom battz) and my lady gave me one of her spare contact cases for just this purpose(dipping that is).

I'm still fairly new to this, but one night into dipping (using camel 26mg) and I'm pretty impressed. Only previous hardware experience being (in order):510, KR808D-1, and DSE-801(4-hole).

Been into this thing for maybe a month or two now, but messing with carts is seriously causing me to smoke more real cigarettes. All the blue foam, tweezers, and straws make me feel like a junkie. Liquid in the mouth is insulting to boot. Quite a hassle, indeed.

Been following this thread for awhile, just wanted to give due props to a clever method of e-smoking. I found other models/methods lacking in renewability, if that makes sense. Eager to try this with M602(when I have more capital to blow on hardware that is).

Concerning driving, I don't mind prefilling a small number of carts for transit. And my car is also a terrible mess. The hassle to prefill carts seems justified if it makes me a safer driver. And the thought of spilling or getting the stuff on me is enough to make me want to smoke a pack of cigarettes.

And right on to cleaning connections. Anyone use DeOxit on them? I'd imagine it'd be safe, but if the smell carried over wouldn't be worth it if there were any advantages. Excuse the crudity, but the stuff smells like cat urine. Just my three cents. Forgive the rant-class length of reply.

Peace. ^_^

Ghalenlee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Manchester, CT
Been about a month that I've been dipping. I have not had a car accident or spill yet, have not killed any attys or batteries. Sometimes at night I have a hard time telling if there's any liquid left in the reservoir and the overhead light does nadda to help me out. I'm thinking of getting one of those sticky push on, push off lights to stick on the door.

I have not filled a cart in this entire time and have no plans of doing so until someone figures out a way to do it that does not involves me using sharp objects to cut silicone plugs to make even smaller plugs (though this does look interesting). I just can't get the hang of filling these tiny little stuffing things and I have no patience for it.

Dipping is still not convenient at work, dripping still works best, and I only flood the atty occasionally.

Clean the threads a couple times a day and all is well in vaping land, for the most part, but that's for other threads.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
sorry for the lack of knowledge here, but i have a 306 and joy510
(basically the same thing) how long should i be holding the atty in the eliq for and how many puffs to you think they last? i'm using a manual batt, and i'm taking 4 second pulls? Are we talking that you need to dip for every vape session? so if you vape once an hour, you need to dip for 10 seconds, and that will give you about 20 hits? or am i way off?

btw, talking about 306 and 510 applicable attys here.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
sorry for the lack of knowledge here, but i have a 306 and joy510
(basically the same thing) how long should i be holding the atty in the eliq for and how many puffs to you think they last? i'm using a manual batt, and i'm taking 4 second pulls? Are we talking that you need to dip for every vape session? so if you vape once an hour, you need to dip for 10 seconds, and that will give you about 20 hits? or am i way off?

btw, talking about 306 and 510 applicable attys here.

Hi junior
Hadn't really thought about it too much with respect to length of time. I dip the bridge 2 or 3 times, when the nicquid no longer soaks into the mesh of the bridge I hit it. I s'pose I get 10 good hits or so and then dip er again.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Hi junior
Hadn't really thought about it too much with respect to length of time. I dip the bridge 2 or 3 times, when the nicquid no longer soaks into the mesh of the bridge I hit it. I s'pose I get 10 good hits or so and then dip er again.

Thanks for the tip, the question is, when the liq has run dry, will you still get vape from the atty, but just tasteless? or will the vape stop, or slow down significantly so you can see that the liq is gone. The reason i ask is because i smoke menthol 36mg, so even if the atty liq is gone, i'll still have the residue of menthol in my mouth and wouldnt be able to tell really if the taste is gone since menthol is very strong in flavor and resonates.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Thanks for the tip, the question is, when the liq has run dry, will you still get vape from the atty, but just tasteless? or will the vape stop, or slow down significantly so you can see that the liq is gone. The reason i ask is because i smoke menthol 36mg, so even if the atty liq is gone, i'll still have the residue of menthol in my mouth and wouldnt be able to tell really if the taste is gone since menthol is very strong in flavor and resonates.

Just the same as when using a cartridge.
Vapor production drops and/or taste becomes drier, metallic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread