Don't know what to do but everything tastes funky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
First of all I don't have a cold or anything and I'm well hydrated so ruled them out.
I'm just 3 weeks in and other than one bad day everything was going well till about 2 days ago and everything I vape tastes funky and chemically. I mean it really is vile to the point where I can't take more than a single draw/hit at any given time.
I spent literally hours reading on here and trying to convince nyself and those around me that everything is fine.
I've tried various prefilled cartos, blank ones I've filled, even offered to see a customer in lancaster so I could get fresh juice in case it was that but no, everything tastes like burnt plastic.
I was convinced I had scorched a carto, one tasted so bad I really thought that was the problem so curiosity got the better of me and I carefully took it apart to inspect it, no burnt or even slightly singed filling or anything.
The only thing I haven't changed is my core set up and now I'm wondering if I should be looking at possibly a different kit.
Please guys and gals, any advice to get me through would be great (if I do need to change my kit the it has to wait another 10 days till I can afford it but I don't want to go back to analogues)

DerekUrban

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
It sounds like flavor cycling, but usually that presents in the form of no taste, not an overwhelmingly terrible taste.

It sounds like you've tested your equipment enough to make sure it's not a nasty carto problem, so I'm going to assume you're using a higher voltage battery with low ohm cartos, thus upping your wattage to the point in which you're burning your juice. What's your gear like?

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
It sounds like flavor cycling, but usually that presents in the form of no taste, not an overwhelmingly terrible taste.

It sounds like you've tested your equipment enough to make sure it's not a nasty carto problem, so I'm going to assume you're using a higher voltage battery with low ohm cartos, thus upping your wattage to the point in which you're burning your juice. What's your gear like?
Should have included my kit details.
I have KR808D-1 with cartos, these purchased from jacvapour.com (not sure of voltage or ohms, sorry)
Juice is from jacvapour, totally wicked and liberty flights.
Tried the menthol trick but this too has the same taste.
I don't think its my tastebuds since tea, coffee and even my homemade chicken and sweetcorn soup taste lovely.

DerekUrban

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Should have included my kit details.
I have KR808D-1 with cartos, these purchased from jacvapour.com (not sure of voltage or ohms, sorry)
Juice is from jacvapour, totally wicked and liberty flights.
Tried the menthol trick but this too has the same taste.
I don't think its my tastebuds since tea, coffee and even my homemade chicken and sweetcorn soup taste lovely.

Hmmm. If you're using a Kr8 it's not the wattage that's the problem, you said you've tried multiple cartos and juices, but have you tried a different battery? Also make sure the connector plate on the battery end is nice and clean, sometimes the strangest gunk will accumulate there.

I'm surprised changing the carto and the juice you're using didn't solve your problem. It sounds like you got some hair or something around the heating coil, but I don't see why that would be the case for a new cartomizer.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
the first liquids I used and liked were from liberty flights. I vaped those liquids for several months. one day I decided I would order a vat from them since I really liked it. the next day (before I ordered) I woke up and couldn't stand the liquid anymore! the smell and taste made me sick. I vaped unflavored while looking for new liquids. I found a few I liked (including the unflavored!) and have been ok with them for quite a while now. have you tried unflavored? you could vape it while looking for others...

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Well there is no change today, currently vaping my black forest gataux mix since it has the least funny taste to it.

DH and I were chatting last night, he loves the fact that vaping is better for me and claims to feel my pain that things aren't quite going right at the minute so he's ordering some unflavoured juice and lots of new cartos too. He has made a point saying he is a little suspicious of cartos since there is an electric heating element next to a fabic type material and since he has looked in to things would be happier if I was using a tank system but he isn't going to force me to change since I have been happy with my KR808's. May think about upgrading when I make it past this point and January (expensive month with too many birthdays).
How do tanks compare to cartos on flavour? Is it cleaner? and please tell me they don't leak

i was vaping over a year and all my juices stopped appealing to me. KBV, NLV, AVE, BWB, just wasn't doing it for me. I found everything to be unpleasant. Not horrible, just unpleasant. I placed and order from Rawr Vapor and I didn't realize that every flavor came with a little methol. To my surprise, this is what I needed. For the last month I've been exclusively using Rawr Vapor juices with a touch of menthol in everything, and KBV juices, also with a few drops of menthol from Rawr. Never been so satisfied with vaping before. One exception, I still vape NLV caprillo cafe in the morning along with my ritual coffee.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Well there is no change today, currently vaping my black forest gataux mix since it has the least funny taste to it.

DH and I were chatting last night, he loves the fact that vaping is better for me and claims to feel my pain that things aren't quite going right at the minute so he's ordering some unflavoured juice and lots of new cartos too. He has made a point saying he is a little suspicious of cartos since there is an electric heating element next to a fabic type material and since he has looked in to things would be happier if I was using a tank system but he isn't going to force me to change since I have been happy with my KR808's. May think about upgrading when I make it past this point and January (expensive month with too many birthdays).
How do tanks compare to cartos on flavour? Is it cleaner? and please tell me they don't leak

I don't really have any advice about the off taste. I think the others here have covered that. But I wanted to answer your question about the tanks. I read through the entire "homemade tank" thread. (It's long) and it said in a couple places that they leaked with long hard draws. It put me off one for several weeks, I'm not interested in changing my vaping technique; but curiosity finally got the better of me and I made one(well, 2. I made one for hubby)

I take l-o-n-g draws. 12 second-ish. And hard. Like sucking a milkshake through a straw hard.
My tank hasn't leaked yet and I've been using it for several days now. I'm really enjoying it.

If you or hubby is handy at all, (and I mean EASY to make. UI did it myself and can't find a socket set in the garage without written instructions) make a cheap one and try it out. The hardest part for me was cutting the syringe barrel. I used a paring knife. Took a bit of force.

Then if you like it, buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread