• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dot Cotton Is one of us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
It's great that June Brown is a vaper, hopefully she'll spread the word a bit.

Which other British stars smoke? Maybe we could have some of them endorse us or be patrons of Right to vape or something.

How would I go about getting in touch with June Brown, anybody know?
Funnily enough, my other half and I had similar discussions. He even spent an hour on the internet to see if he could find a list of smoking celebrities, but he couldn't :(

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Funnily enough, my other half and I had similar discussions. He even spent an hour on the internet to see if he could find a list of smoking celebrities, but he couldn't :(

With all the stigmatisation that goes on, even at sub-celeb level, this doesn't seem surprising. I expect if they want to work, they have to keep it hidden.

Look at all the flak they get over their bodyweight...

C.

Last edited:

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
OK - A list of UK smokers can be extracted from those pictures, but then how do you go about contacting them / getting them to try an e-cig?

(I believe Stephen Fry was also a smoker, but that he was trying to give up a little while ago. Not sure if he succeeded or not, but if not, he could be a GREAT candidate IMHO)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Contacting them is the tricky bit. I'm not sure how to go about that yet but I'll have a good think.

Getting them to try vaping - if they're interested, isn't a big concern I don't think, we can just get a complimentary kit sent to them. There are one or two very friendly suppliers in the UK who I'm sure would help us. Ecigs.co.uk have already offered to sponsor research kits if we ever get organised so that would be my first port of call.

Then, if they enjoy vaping and we make a convert we can ask them if they'll speak for us, be a patron of Right to Vape or just generally be a goodwill ambassador.

I'd love to get Stephen Fry to help us, he's very articulate, charismatic and he's a gadget freak too. Hugh Laurie would be a good catch and he has a large following in the US also.

Any suggestions about how to contact these folks gratefully received.

Stephen Fry has a Facebook account so that might be a way to contact him. Anyone here use Facebook?

EDIT
Even if Stephen Fry has quit he might still like to help others who smoke still.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Most celebs have official websites with addresses to send fanmail to. The best way is usually to contact their agent. I used to be a geeky sci fi convention organiser in my younger days, we found it surprisingly easy to talk to them via their agent. A google search does it, like search 'Gok Wan Agenet' and you get

Gok Wan : Fashion - Carol Hayes Management, leading London agency for Hair, Makeup, Fashion and Styling artists, Hair stylists, hair makeup artists, fashion stylists, male grooming, kids fashion, still life stylists, interior stylists, mens fashion,

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Contacting them is the tricky bit. I'm not sure how to go about that yet but I'll have a good think.

Getting them to try vaping - if they're interested, isn't a big concern I don't think, we can just get a complimentary kit sent to them. There are one or two very friendly suppliers in the UK who I'm sure would help us. Ecigs.co.uk have already offered to sponsor research kits if we ever get organised so that would be my first port of call.

Then, if they enjoy vaping and we make a convert we can ask them if they'll speak for us, be a patron of Right to Vape or just generally be a goodwill ambassador.

I'd love to get Stephen Fry to help us, he's very articulate, charismatic and he's a gadget freak too. Hugh Laurie would be a good catch and he has a large following in the US also.

Any suggestions about how to contact these folks gratefully received.

Stephen Fry has a Facebook account so that might be a way to contact him. Anyone here use Facebook?

EDIT
Even if Stephen Fry has quit he might still like to help others who smoke still.

Especially, I'd have thought.
Sounds like a team on RTV might be needed...it'll be a lot of hard work.
Unless we have an ECF member who frequents London night spots and restaurants...:)

C.

Edit: Andy's tip re agents also excellent idea.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Unless we have an ECF member who frequents London night spots and restaurants...:)
Well, I am often out and about in Central London, but I don't frequent the same places they do! I also live not too far from Elstree Studios. Both of these facts are pretty useless if we don't know who is where when, but if there is some initial contact made remotely and a 'personal' approach required as a 'follow up', let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread