Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I've had mine a few weeks now and no issues with the Ether bridge at all.
Me too. My Ether's been in constant use since I got it and has behaved flawlessly. It's a great setup on the Abyss. Really great flavour and smooth air.

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Are y'all doing any direct lung with it, even restricted, how does it flow? I like an occasion cloud but mostly mtl

Also that looks like a built in airflow control under the 510, any problems there? Condensation

Yeah $200 sounds like a good deal with all the accessories, no reply yet. It feels kinda iffy to just get the mod and struggle to get the accessories after, looks like it'll be popular and supported for some time but still with the ban I'd feel lot better to get it all at once

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I mostly vape RDL and DL Ericsgreen. With the largest insert (3mm) with the Ether and the airflow wide open, it is almost a DL and a very airy RDL. And like Pigs, I've been mostly vaping with the Ether bridge. I tried a Ni80 fused Clapton and a simple 24g SS coil to try out the TC. Both coils with the Ether exceeded my expectations. I'm really surprised how well it vapes. I doubt you would be disappointed. ;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I've noticed last night and today that my AF control is stiffening up. Noticeably.

Anyone else?

I've been keeping it as clean and dry as possible. Might disassemble and see if I can spot anything.
Pigs, is there an o-ring on the AF controller??? If so maybe it's binding???

If there is one perhaps try a little VG, or some juice, on it and see???

Just a thought. Hope you get it squared away.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Also that looks like a built in airflow control under the 510, any problems there? Condensation

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment about this. Yeah airflow is tight, but that is better tight than loose IMHO. I just set it and forget it. In SbS mode, it doesn't do anything. Condensation? Some, but not enough to cause any problems at all. But I keep the airflow wide open. If you close it down a lot, you might have more.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I am surprised nobody asked about how much juice the Abyss holds with the Ether bridge, the largest bridge yet. Bogan said 6 to 7ml. Yeah maybe you could get 6ml in there, but that would be tricky. Although getting 5ml in there is very easy. Filling the rest of the air gap is tricky since the top has spaces with trapped air pockets. I would remove the tank to fill at first until you could do it without juice spilling out. Then it is easy to fill it on the mod.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Pigs, is there an o-ring on the AF controller??? If so maybe it's binding???

If there is one perhaps try a little VG, or some juice, on it and see???

Just a thought. Hope you get it squared away.
Not that simple SMT!
The only way into the AFC is to disassemble the top plate around the positive contact (not a 510 in this case). The screws are Torx T3 or 4 and currently my smallest Torx driver is a T5.
I decided it's best to leave it for now and see. It's not too bad.

Curiosity will eventually get the better of me no doubt and I'll get a smaller Torx set and open it up.
My guess is that a bit of juice has got in there and gunked it a little.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I am surprised nobody asked about how much juice the Abyss holds with the Ether bridge, the largest bridge yet. Bogan said 6 to 7ml. Yeah maybe you could get 6ml in there, but that would be tricky. Although getting 5ml in there is very easy. Filling the rest of the air gap is tricky since the top has spaces with trapped air pockets. I would remove the tank to fill at first until you could do it without juice spilling out. Then it is easy to fill it on the mod.
I love the fill method for the Abyss tank. Quick, easy and dry.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Here's the condensation after about 5 tank fills. And those Torx screws that Pigs talked above.

Abyss Condensation.jpg

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
VaperCloud email me too, within 20mins I got the email and all was gone. Dovpo in China doesn't seem to understand request to pre-order an abyss and all the accessories, feels like a risk to just get the mod since I have never used Nautilus or aspire coils, I need that bridge set, rba and sbs kit, without it... Anyone know if dovpo had acct here or reddit? seems a language barrier

What y'all think, risky right? Either I need to know element will be able to ship to me after this week or get it all in one purchase, but ......n I have a major itch for this mod

Foggy Knight

May 27, 2015
Are y'all doing any direct lung with it, even restricted, how does it flow? I like an occasion cloud but mostly mtl

Yeah $200 sounds like a good deal with all the accessories, no reply yet. It feels kinda iffy to just get the mod and struggle to get the accessories after, looks like it'll be popular and supported for some time but still with the ban I'd feel lot better to get it all at once
I'm strictly MTL, don't enjoy DTL or restricted DTL at all.
I cannot compare the Ether bridge to the Ether RTA as I don't have the Ether RTA, I didn't get one as a few reviews said it was quite airey. With the Ether Bridge in the Abyss and using the 0.8 ml airflow pin, it is a very tight MTL, just the way I like it. I saw one reviewer (might have been Vaping Bogan?) saying the Ether bridge is more restrictive than the Ether RTA. I have had no problems at all with the airflow control pin.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Say Ericsgreen, did yours ship from Dovpo yet? I only ordered two Bridge Packs and they shipped early this morning. They didn't have any Glass Packs or Ether RBAs when I ordered (on the 24th), but they do now. They still show those Integrated Drip Tip Kits as out of stock. But they have all of the rest of the accessories in stock. Of course, all Abyss themselves has been sold out. Good thing you ordered when you did. ;)

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
No, or I didn't get an email for anything yet.

Edit: I just got a reply, I screwed it up, I ordered from another site they own and didn't put it together, so gonna have to call dang credit card and explain there was no problem, that's a relief, pretty funny, hopefully it causes no issue for them

Last edited:

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Say Ericsgreen, did yours ship from Dovpo yet? I only ordered two Bridge Packs and they shipped early this morning. They didn't have any Glass Packs or Ether RBAs when I ordered (on the 24th), but they do now. They still show those Integrated Drip Tip Kits as out of stock. But they have all of the rest of the accessories in stock. Of course, all Abyss themselves has been sold out. Good thing you ordered when you did. ;)

Says unfulfilled, I'd hope they just hold it and ship it all together, luckily I did get everything except the Drip tips too, will update when I hear

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow, that is unbelievable Ericsgreen! I just checked my CC charges and my Dovpo total was $52.00. And the only charge on my CC for that time frame was from pokeones.com (a drone site without prices no less) for $54.22. So there is an extra $2.22 charge for something that my Barclay card isn't showing me what it is for. I use my Barclay MC for overseas since it usually avoids many fees that sometimes gets tagged on.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Yes, those extra couple dollars are the exchange rate flucatations. I've ordered a lot of vape gear from Europe over the years. Saw the same on a couple of orders from France and Switzerland in the last 3 weeks.

Some years go, the first time I ever saw an extra couple bucks on my CC I freaked. Thought I was getting hacked. I wasn't. Called the CC co and asked. All was well.

On my order from Switzerland StattQualm credited my CC $3.

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread