Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Wassup yall.
Figured id ask uf anyone here has ordered the ether bridge recently.
Received mine from element this week.

The mouthpiece for the ether will not screw into the top plate(pic). Others have said mine looks different.

Looks to have more threading and it was mentioned there should be a thin top lip.

Emailed element but havent heard back, just trying to see if its just me or maybe a new run issue.

Attachments

• 20210525_093713.jpg
    20210525_093713.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210525_093743.jpg
    20210525_093743.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Informative
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I got my Abyss stuff during the first run Hightech Redneck (including the Ether Bridge). Except I got the Bridge Pack during the second run. Bogan did say they were going to make the Ether bridge to fit the Billet Box Boro tanks too. But the threads and the diameter are different on the Billet Box. Yours the diameter looks right, just the threading is wrong. So something is wrong there.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Jai said in the comments he tried different inserts. Plus Jai isn't known for diagnosing problems.

I dunno if you know this Pigs, but you get two drip tips and a screw top with the Ether bridge (I didn't know until I opened the box). It might be the same screw top that comes with the Integrated Drip Tip Kit. Just different drip tips. The one with the Abyss is different and can use 510 drip tips while the Ether and the Integrated Drip Tip Kit cannot use 510 drip tips.
Are you saying that The Abyss comes with a 510 drip tip adapter? I've been holding off buying one until they made an adapter available. I know they aren't popular anymore but I'm addicted to the ergonomics of using angled or swivel 510 drip tips on my SBS mods. If you have one laying around I'd recommend trying it on the Abyss.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Are you saying that The Abyss comes with a 510 drip tip adapter? I've been holding off buying one until they made an adapter available. I know they aren't popular anymore but I'm addicted to the ergonomics of using angled or swivel 510 drip tips on my SBS mods. If you have one laying around I'd recommend trying it on the Abyss.
Yes the standard drip tip included will take a standard 510.
20210527_182634.jpg

Here i threw on a wide bore longer 510 playing around.
20210524_160108.jpg

Btw it does look solid but its just a shorty black tip in it.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Yes the standard drip tip included will take a standard 510.

Thanks for explaining! Now I'm sold!

If a wide bore tip is your go-to I can't recommend an angled tip as any of them that I've experienced would be much too restricted.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Fyi guys on the ether tip not screwing in....
Reached out to suicide mods and they responded immediately.

There was an issue with manufacturing and they are working on a solution.

Figured id mention it in case yall hear of anyone else with the issue.

They told me as soon as they have a resolution it will be posted on fb etc... and will be handled by dovpo/suicide directly.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Most of the Billet Box bridges will work with the Abyss. As far as I know, the Atlantis/Triton bridge I don't think will since the bottom hole size is larger in the A-Tank.

Has anyone found a way to use Atlantis style coils with the Abyss?' I've got more than 100 of the original Ccell coils. Between the quantity and the fact that they refuse to die, it would be nice to be able to use them in the unit.

Am I being silly in trying to buy everything I need in one purchase?

Last edited:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have an Ether in my cart now, so I might end up with the same problem. I also have the drip tip kit in there and that might be a problem too. Have you heard anything about the DT kits?
No i have heard nothing about the dt kits.
But i had not heard anything about the ether tips either lol.

I did not research the dt kits, what is different from stock on them? I hadnt looked since i could use my 510's.

BTW
I'm Enjoying the ether but still have not located a sbs kit in the states. Eventually ill get one.

• Informative

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Has anyone found a way to use Atlantis style coils with the Abyss?' I've got more than 100 of the original Ccell coils. Between the quantity and the fact that they refuse to die, it would be nice to be able to use them in the unit.

You and me both. As I have hundreds of Ccell, Triton, and Atlantis coils that are interchangeable. And I know of no option for Atlantis coils to date. I do have some ideas how to make them work though. I also have a lathe in my shop, so that's a plus.

But then again, I remember Dovpo saying they are willing to manufacture other bridges too and I can't think of one more badly needed than an Atlantis bridge. Do you have the A-Tank for the Billet Box which comes with an Atlantis Bridge? The top part should fit the Abyss, but not the bottom part.

Worse comes to worst, we still have the SbS option to use our own Atlantis tanks.

Am I being silly in trying to buy everything I need in one purchase?

I don't think so. As the hammer could drop at any moment with this mail ban thing. And you could be stuck with only what you got.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I did not research the dt kits, what is different from stock on them? I hadnt looked since i could use my 510's.

They are not 510 compatible and I believe it is the same thing as what is included with the Ether Kit, except with different drip tips. They never show pictures of it without the DT attached. I should rewatch YT videos as they are shown there too.

BTW
I'm Enjoying the ether but still have not located a sbs kit in the states. Eventually ill get one.

Sourcemore (China) has some. Although they charge about 10-12 bucks for shipping. But it is fast and arrives in two weeks. Their prices drop a lot once you login too. Like the DT Kit is $5.81. $8.17 for the SbS ($9.17 for black). And you can get 5% off til Monday with the MAY5 code.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Since Suicide Mods is based in the UK, is there a TPD module available? I'm sure they want to sell it in their own country.

Isn't the TPD an EU thing? The UK isn't under the EU anymore. Although with the Ether Bridge, I can get over 6ml and the EUC Bridge I get over 8ml.

Since I'm in Hawaii it sounds odd that I'd care. My interest is only because I like to change flavors often making large storage sometimes a negative.

Oh... changing flavors would be a tiny problem. Although it has been working well near empty. So just don't fill it much. I'd buy more spare tanks if I could find them. Maybe they will later.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Since Suicide Mods is based in the UK, is there a TPD module available? I'm sure they want to sell it in their own country.

Since I'm in Hawaii it sounds odd that I'd care. My interest is only because I like to change flavors often making large storage sometimes a negative.

Dovpo X Suicide Mods Abyss AIO Kit

Google Translate

"the capacity of the tank is TPD 2ml but it can be easily disassembled, remove the reducer and get up to 5ml of capacity depending on the chosen configuration"

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    "How is the fill port holding up for folks? Seems like an eventual point of failure like with most "pods" I've used in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see replacements being sold."

I wonder if there's organized distribution for the product in the US.

The Federal trade commission has had a rule that companies that make available consumer electronics products must make available repair parts for a minimum of 7 years. I think there was a minimum retail price for the rule to kick in and the rule may have been changed or thrown out since I retired from the electronics industry some time ago. Then again, there was no rule on how much you had to sell the parts for and many of us, maybe most of us have bought our mods directly from China which would then give us no specific rights at all.

Sorry to write such a dry boring paragraph but it just might come in handy.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread