The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dovpo Topside dual

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by madstabber, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

just watched the video TVC put out showing the new dual topside squonker. It’s a dual 18650 and I think I may get one of these instead of the single topside. He also mentioned in a few months there will be a new dual topside with a yihi board in it. I appreciate his honesty so no one runs out to get this only to regret it and want the more expensive yihi board topside. Anyway I thought it deserved a thread and I’d like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this mod.

• Like Like x 4
  2. madstabber

Here’s the video showing off the new mod. Pretty good video, first time I’ve seen one from this guy but he does a good job, very informative and without the silly nonsense you get from some reviewers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    It's a plus that whats in the works down the road was said in the video.

At this point I have no interest in the Dual/Premium Dual Topsides. Not necessarily as a negative about Dovpo other than the issues that comes to mind with the first Topsides shipped and the CS complaints about Dovpo. My three 'first shipped' Topsides are still working just fine IOW. It's simply because I already have way too much gear and don't really have a need for either of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jet Knight

Jet Knight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2013
    Gotham
    Yup, not too much about it to get me interested

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. c3scott

c3scott Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    PA
    Me either. If my topside died I would not buy another. I do use it though. Would rather have a mech mod and I can refill faster with a refill bottle. Top fill does have advantages though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    At the wattage I vape, around 40W, there's not much of an advantage for me over the single with a 40T.

I am interested in the Yihi coming up as I am a temp control vaper, but it will obviously depend which board they go with. If it's one of the cheaper Yihi boards I won't be nearly as interested.

I am enjoying my Topside right now. I could even see getting a second one if the Yihi dual version isn't up to what I want. I'm still waiting fir word on the reworked Drone as I know the 250c well and would love a squonk with that. But not at the expense of a poorly wearing body.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. madstabber

I think I’m gonna wait to see the price for the dual topside with the Yihi chip. I’m pretty happy with my Desire Rage so if I get another dual cell squonker I want something different and since I’ve yet to vape a Yihi chipped mod, if the price isn’t prohibitive, I’d buy that one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. score69

score69 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Just an FYI for anyone interested. The Topside Dual is listed on MVS today for $89.99. Looks like they have eight different colors in stock.

Tempted to order one, but think I'm going to wait this out for a while. Still haven't decided between this, the Battlestar, or Pulse Dual. I don't use my Basium that much, not really needing another dual battery squonker right now since most of my singles are 2x700 capable and do well with my single coil RDAs.

EDIT: Just saw that @Spydro already posted this. :D

10. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks Super Member

Aug 18, 2018
    I’d be more interested in a 21700 yihi topside. That being said a dual yihi that’s not 300 dollars would be ok too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JOE22

JOE22 New Member

Jan 17, 2019
    C3scott is full of ....

12. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Thoughtful first post....

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. JOE22

JOE22 New Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I’m sorry c3scott I was way out of line it just infuriates me How you prefer An unregulated mod

14. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Allow me to be the next to infuriate you. When it comes to squonkers, I’m mech only. Sorry to wreck your evening.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JOE22

JOE22 New Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Well my evening was wrecked when I got kicked out of Outback.... Jk lol what rda are you rocking

16. c3scott

Nov 21, 2014
    PA
    Why is that?

17. c3scott

Nov 21, 2014
    PA
    Oops i saw your later reply. I find that mechs have less ramp up time. I find that my cheap hugos hit pretty good for me and no board to die when exposed to liquid, as tends to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. c3scott

Nov 21, 2014
    PA
    If that was your first post JO I suggest that you change your approach .

19. c3scott

Nov 21, 2014
    PA
    You jokesters with your lols tire me.

20. Psywalker

Psywalker Full Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Washington
    I love my topside single. Its durable, hits fast and hard and holds a lot of eliquid. I'm looking forward to getting the dual and eventually the yihi.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.