Down to 20mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I've been reducing my nic for a few reasons. I want to save money on DIY and stretch out my nic supply. I also want to get used to lower levels of nic in case the FDA regulates e-liquid down.

This is more controversial, and not as immediate as the above reasons, but I'd like to one day be done with all of this. Maybe after 2 years off cigs it's time to see if I can wean myself completely off nicotine. As much as I love and appreciate vaping, the thought of being able to walk away from all nicotine-related things (both physical and psychological) is a freeing one. Some can take it or leave it. That has never been me. As you can see from my sig, I was a very heavy smoker. I actually have probably avoided a bit more cigs than the counter is measuring.

I started out at 36mg. I began DIY a year ago and was mixing at 33mg for simplicity. There were also many bottles that I mixed between 40 and 50mg. I went down to a strict 33, then 28, then 24. Yesterday I mixed my first bottle of 20mg. I miss the strong nic taste. I'm trying not to think too hard on it, but I just wanted to post something. Not really looking for advice or anything, it's just that I haven't really told my family that I am reducing my nic and wanted to put it out there somewhere.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Good for you subversive. I started at 18 mg and have been exclusively at zero nic for a couple of weeks. It's very nice to know I will be vaping no matter what new regulations are put in place. Heck, if this is the direction you want to take your vaping in, go for it and I hope you enjoy the ride! It's certainly been rewarding for me.

I do disagree with going down too fast though. You need to give yourself time to get used to the lower nic in as many steps as needed by you to make it work without more pain than slight, occasional cravings. I always kept a Stardust filled with higher nic juice handy for those times.

Best of luck with it!

Last edited:

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
Congrats on lowering the nic content!

I am currently at 6mg. Plan to stay there. If the FDA limits nic levels, I wanted to be prepared ahead of time as well. I heard it (speculation ftl) could be as low as 4mg. I dont think going from 6 to 4 would be an issue for me whatsoever, its hardly a drop in nic. I could probably even go 0mg nic at this point, but I really dont want to. The day I do that will be the day I am forced to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread