Read this! Dr Michael Mosley. Not hooked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Sorry to disagree with almost everyone in this thread, but Dr. Moseley's report is neither scientific, nor objective. He takes a sample of one and draws conclusions about a whole population. How un-scientific... He clearly has a gig of his own as we all do. Reminds me of some doctors who take an ordinary jar of cream and call it a rejuvenating compound at ten times the price - just because it has their name on it.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If nicotine is not addictive, then why don't we all switch to 0mg just to see if it works.... I personally tried and couldn't make it - a sample of one. My case might be different however, since I used to be a smoker. Be interesting to see what would happen if I was not a smoker and started vaping.
I did switch to zero nicotine around 5 months ago with no withdrawals. But I only vaped less than 2ml of 12mg per day, but I did that for 6+ years prior to stopping cold turkey. Also, I've seen other people comment over the years about accidentally leaving out the nicotine from their DIY and not even noticing. I do not claim this would work for everyone, or be true for everyone, nor did I say nicotine is not addictive. But I do believe that nicotine by itself is mostly not addictive in most never-smokers. There are a number of studies with the patch that clearly show this as well.

As for vaping former smokers, my gut feeling is that nicotine by itself would not be very addictive for many of them. Why they don't try zero nicotine to see if it works? Well, many have. But most are probably afraid. And some certainly have tried and did NOT have good luck with it. The answer to all this, I'm quite sure, is that we are all different.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Curious to know How long you stayed on zero nicotine and what made you start again.
I'm still using zero nicotine. Have been ever since I switched. A more interesting question is why I switched in the first place. It certainly wasn't because I wanted to. I decided I didn't want to pay the $50/mo extortion fee for my employer provided health insurance. I plan to start using nicotine again when I retire, which should be within the next year hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread