Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Omaha, Nebr
*snip*

Personally, I would not touch this vaccine with a 9-foot Hungarian, much less a 10-foot Pole. And I would certainly advise my kids to avoid this vaccine like the plague if it some day becomes a required vaccination for my grandchildren.

Why insult Hungarians? It detracts from your message and makes you appear racist.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Why insult Hungarians? It detracts from your message and makes you appear racist.

My father was born in Mikula, in Satzmar, Hungary. That area has since been annexed into Romania. Satzmar is now called Satu Mare.

I fail to see how anyone could possibly interpret this as an insult. It was merely a play on words. There is nothing evil or shameful about poles that are 10 feet long, Poles that have 10 feet, or Hungarians with 9 feet.

The object being "insulted" was the notion of a vaccine that would block nicotine from having beneficial effects on brain receptors.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
We all wish we never picked up the smoking habit ...
However, a BP drug to prevent a behavior the major doesn't approve of ??
I'm sure BP is thrilled thinking about other possibilities for other drugs.

Talk about a slippery slope !!!

Oh, by the way ... Many are cheering on this shot because smoking kills.
However, it wouldn't surprise me if a few years from now we see attorney
ads on TV ... Did you take the shot to help prevent you from smoking
and suffered (XYZ) ... CAll 1-800-BadDrugs to discuss your rights and
claim compensation for your suffering.

Speaking only for myself

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Well, I've been smoking off and on since age 7, back when any kid could walk to the corner store and buy a pack of cigs, clearly they didn't have this as an option at the time.

My mother smoked the whole time she was pregnant with me, and still does.

It's been a tough habit to kick, but I've made it to 6 mg now having started at 24 back in May. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

I figure if I can chose to take poison and call it a habit, I should have the option to have a vaccine to help me stop. It may shorten my life, but I've already done that, and I'm sure the option I am using now will be proven not as safe as everyone here likes to pretend that it is.

Just my opinion.

I don't really care what anyone else does or doesn't do and I don't think it should be mandatory. I'd just accept it if it was offered at this point.

I'll be turning 41 on Sunday and don't think I'll live to a point where Nicotine treatment for Alzheimer's will be an issue for me.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I really do understand where your coming from ...
I smoked 2-3 packs a day for over 40 years
and have lost family members and friends who smoked.

However ... drugs that would block receptors in the brain ...
Big dangerous doors would be opened.

It all starts off with the Oh, so very helpful solution and often ends
up being a nightmare down the road ... When BP gets a chance to
experiment with blocking receptors in the brain to control behavior.

BP wants us to believe the answer to everything is a drug.
To a large degree ... They have succeeded.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
There are many expletives springing to mind, but shortsighted midweeks seems appropriate.
Mice don't feckin smoke because they enjoy it!!! Nicotine gets all the blame so that Big P can sell
ineffective solutions, then when they don't work they can blame Nicotine, "It's not your fault, it's Nicotine you see, it's so addictive. Don't worry, just buy some more crap".

Try asking a mouse about throat- hit or whether they enjoy a smoke after a meal or with a pint
and see what they have to say about it. The hardest addiction to beat is picking up something,
sucking on it and feeling that hit which tells us all is well. Do none of these do-gooders realise
that we enjoy the process?

I've done a number of informal blind tests with users not knowing what strength of Nicotine is in
the ecig they were using and a larger than expected number could not tell when they were using zero nicotine. I think it's time I tested that phenomenon more scientifically.

Quote: "We would of course have to weight benefit versus risk, and it would take years of studies to establish such a threshold."

Some people haven't got that long.

So in 5 years time when they have the wonder vaccine and they realise that despite suppressing the body's receptiveness to Nicotine (who shouted frontal lobotomy at the back of the class?!) they find that smokers need something to replicate the sensation of the act of smoking because that is a significant part of the pleasure, then they will look at inventing a gadget to do that. They'll probably call it an 'electronic cigarette' or something equally ridiculous!

JC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread